how did you find linus and his channel/forum?

Swndlr

Years ago when I was only watching TJ Harlow videos I wanted a second opinion on a case I was getting for a new build, came across a LINUSTECHTIPS and have been watching ever since.

I just recently found out about Linus, And i found him when I was looking up the Corsair RGB keyboard. I thought he was a bit weird, but informing so i kept watching his reviews and videos. I Learned quite a bit from his main channel and his quick as possible channel. 

Like 3 years ago, searching for random computer stuff on Youtube, remember that NCIX channel had this yellow/orangee intro and linus started with the falling box from the sky on his channel, ah, the ole days.

CPU AMD FX-6350 @ 4.5Ghz 1.284v Motherboard ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Memory 4x2GB ADATA XPG Gaming v2.0 1600Mhz CPU Cooler Corsair H100i

GPU MSI 270x HAWK Edition Display HP w1907 Storage 1x Samsung 850 EVO 128Gb SSD 1x 400GB Hitachi HDD Case Corsair 450D PSU Corsair CX750M Semi-modular

Keyboard Logitech G105 Blue LED Version Mouse Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 Audio 2x Logitech x230 for a Quad-Channel speaker setup OS Windows 8.1

It was a couple years back.

I was on a rant about how much of a pain in the ass it was to keep up with noteworthy tech releases and a friend linked me the channel.

Getting back in PC gaming I started to shop on Newegg. So I watched a couple of videos there. I don't particularly remember how I came to subscribe to LinusTechTips but I guess through suggested videos or mentions from Paul / Kyle. 

first i saw some videos on NCIX for products related to my firms products and then now i'm fallowing Linus tech tips 

I was obsessed with keyboards and I watched his unboxing videos religiously. 

I saw you back in 2011 when I wanted to build myself a new PC!! :D Still enjoying your output! :) 
Nice work and man you have improved a LOT! :D

I was going through some watercooling youtube videos when I stumbled upon the "ULTIMATE Overkill Watercooling guide". I really liked how the video was edited, with links to chapters and everything. It was looking professional. After that, I started watching every single video.

I was looking for a new Headset, found his unboxing of the Corsair HS1A, totally liked his Unboxing Style. And since then whenever i wanted to buy something new Techy i first looked up Linus unboxing of this Product.

looked up how to build a computer a few years ago didn't pay much attention to the channel back then but now watch every video that comes out love LMG

I want to build a pc and one day i was doing some research so i could see like good parts and i found Linus Tech Tips and now i spend all day waiting for new videos or watching old videos

I was researching how to build my first Computer and I just stumbled upon this rich German kid with all the new expensive hardware(this was back when linus had stupid Blonde hair) so I was super jealous of him and wrote him off then I stumbled upon his ncix channel and was like. "Oh it his job" and was no longer super jelly and was sold.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

There was this guy wearing glasses in my recommended subscriptions for months. I subscribed and never regretted it.

I found him by searching for amd phenom ii x6 1090t unboxing. Damn i liked that cpu... i miss it a lot now. :/

Got tired of seeing hands all the time during phone reviews, and then there was this sexy guy who did phone reviews so now I kinda just discovered you. Luckily I discovered you during the whole G3 give away thing. That was just a bonus.

Looking for reviews of the Asus N61JQ (2010!), and Linus was one of the few unboxers at that time that I managed to find and actually the only one that convinced me to buy that notebook. I´m glad to say that that notebook is still alive.

It was 5 or 6 years ago i guess ! i remember having purchased a GC, i looked for a video that shows how to install it (afraid of screwing it up), i didn't understand a single word from the video, but i paused it each 3 seconds that took me 6 days to translate and understand what he was saying in the video and the same to install my GC (longest week in my life).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7dBELhb7n0

It was around 2010 or earlier, I can't remember. I was young and didn't really subscribe or commented on youtube. Then for 3 years I lost interest on watching Tech Videos. Over a year ago I found him when I was looking for a review and I was like" I have seen that guy before" So I subscribed and went to the Forum after watching the WAN show.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I knew about u before... but in 2012 i started learning from you because I sign up in computer engineering school and I had no idea and teachers can't teach sh*t in this school.
You were highly recommended by my classmate and your fan YouRezz :D

I'm glad I know you and you teached me a lot :D
Tnx for everything

Was looking for facts about computer hardware.  One that was not biased, nor critical.  And didn't always talk about graphic cards.  At the time that person did not exist.  So I had to go with some crazy Canadian named Linus.  It seems to be fun so far.      P.S Keep up the good work Linus we appreciate it. 

Honestly, I was just searching YouTube for a review on a product that I was thinking about buying. When I found a good review, I wanted to see more of what they were reviewing. Soon, I subscribed to the channel and became hooked on all of the things I could learn from Linus and his group. Later, I started actually going to the forums and checking things out. I am really happy that YouTube suggested his video for my search, because all of his videos are awesome!

just looking on youtube for a mobo unboxing and review, and i watched like 50+ vids that night from you