how did you find linus and his channel/forum?

Swndlr

I Was building a pc for the first time like last november and i was looking for stats on graphics cards and other various computer parts, when i found Linus Tech tips. All the videos just seemed to be the most informative and helpful of any id seen and they were not JUST informative, but interesting to watch as well. After that i found the wan show archive and just watched all of it, I still watch every episode to this day. I am about 500 percent better informed than i was when i started because of Linus and Slick. 
Thanks a lot guys.

I think it was a review of the Corsair SP2500s I was thinking of buying, Linus convinced me to buy them and I kept coming back, he has a certain watchability when he gets enthusiastic about things.

HOSTNAME: VERA | OS: Win10 | CASE: NZXT H440 | CPU: i7 8700K | GPU: EVGA  GTX1080 FTW | MEMORY: 2x8GB Team Group 8pack edition 3200MHz 14-14-14-31 | PSU: Seasonic P1000 | SSD: Vertex 4 512GB, 2 x SanDisk Ultra 2 960GB | HDD: 8TB total | DISPLAY: Acer Predator 1080p 144 Hz G Sync + Acer 27" 1080p | MOBO: Asus Prime-P | KEYBOARD, MOUSE AND PAD: Ducky Shine 5, Corsair M65 Pro and Razer Sabertooth | AUDIO: ASUS Xonar Phoebus, Corsair SP2500, AKG Q701 + ModMic, Audio Technica ATH-M50x | COOLER: Corsair H100i

I was searching for mechanical keyboards to buy and i found and old NCIX vid where linus had like 10 keyboards and he was talking about them.

I was looking for a graphics card upgrade, found the 7970 to be quite appealing and so I searched for 7970 unboxing. There was Linus.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

was looking to build my first computer and was trolling through the interwebs and stumbled across his build guides 

I think the first video that I've seen was his unboxing of SteelSeries Sensei posted on SteelSeries website.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K GPU: AMD Radeon HD7870 RAM: Patriot Viper 8GB 1866MHz MOBO: ASUS Maximus VII Ranger HDD: Seagate 7200.10 2x250GB PSU: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P7 550W CASE: Antec P182

First found out about him in October 2013 when I was researching watercooling, to prepare for a Loop I was installing in my PC.

Saw this video of him when he was still at NCIX and soon found out he had moved to his own channel, I wouldn't know anywhere near as much about tech if it was for LTT and the LTT forum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHNFhTAvvBA

In my case i think it was almost 3 to 4 years ago, seeing some NCIX video lol

Recently found Linus through youtubes recommended users and I'm glad I did:) very helpful:)

I found Linus back when I wanted to just watch random unboxing videos of graphics cards and so on.

When I was looking for a new phone I found your videos on Windows Phone and the HTC 8x. I liked your review and even though you ended up sticking with your Iphone 4 (:/), I bought the 8x (still an happy owner of that phone).

Posted that last week, I think.

Can't remember the video, but months ago I looked for reviews and came across his videos on youtube. Then I saw another video, and they mentioned his name. That's when I understood that he's an unboxing/reviewer celebrity.

Been following Linus since 2009/2010ish. Stumbled across his videos while I was researching some stuff for a computer engineering course in school.

Whilst looking for information on Linux I accidentally clicked on one of your videos instead of the Linus Torvold lecture I was looking for. Turned out to be a happy accident.

Six year ago. I was searching info on ddr3 and on suggested videos I saw ddr2 vs ddr3 NCIX video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZAQ4Y0tjts

After p55 chipset came out, I asked him few questions about building pc. And he was cool enough to help me out :) .

I first found Linus when I got fascinated by the ATi and Nvidia graphics card war. I found this GTX 295 five years ago.

I found Linus because I was looking for reviews on numerous PC components and he had almost all of them

Reddit... actually the G3 review (which ive been drooling over for months now)

I think I discovered you guys about 3 years ago. I was building my first PC, and really wanted to know what parts to get, and how to build it. You guys had all the videos that I needed. I watched you on NCIX also. I shall say this, the channel has only gotten better. It was great at the start, with Linus unboxing cases outside of Intel, and doing benchmarks in the room full of computer parts at I believe NCIX. 

i started watching Linus around 5 years ago when i was looking up computer parts after getting a laptop that i quickly realized was crap and could barely play AoE and so i started to learn more about computer hardware and eventually it led up to me looking at parts on amazon and watching benchmarks of cards from Linus and i haven't stopped.

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

I was looking for a raid guide and found a Techquickie video and after watching a couple more I subscribed then I came across a LinusTechTips video, subscribed once I saw Linus' face. Then I came across a NCIX video with LINUS!! So subscribed. 

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

When I was researching computers and how to build them about a year ago. I've watched just about every video since then

I first found him on the NCIX channel, been watching him since 2011.