how did you find linus and his channel/forum?

Swndlr

Last October I was on YouTube looking for reviews on a cheap-ass computer case I was considering to buy. Linus had the best review, I bought the case and here we are 9 months later.

I was looking up PC build videos and came across the channel, ended up subscribing immediately! 

Haha I'm not one of the 'originals' that started watching linus from the start so I'm not goin to sit here and say I am but I started watching linus I think when I got told by a friend at school that I had to if I wanted to get into the computer community!that was about a year and a half ago!

For me personally, I think the better question would be how did I find NCIX channel, because after subscribing to NCIX I liked Linus and his style and found he had his own channel etc. However, I cannot for the life of me, remember how I found NCIX on youtube.

I was bored and randomly searching youtube for pc case modding & tech stuff so I run into some of his NCIX videos. I clicked, got hooked & have been following ever since.

It was long before Slick & LMG, long before live shows. In the good old days when we occasionally even got glorious cat videos :P

CPU: R5 3600 (OC 4.3GHz - 1.175v) Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC GPU: ASUS TUF RTX 3060 Ti OC 8GB

RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB 3600CL15 Monitor: AOC Q27G2U VA 1440p/144Hz Boot SSD: 850 EVO 256GB PSU: CORSAIR TX550M

Cooler: Hyper 212 Black Case: Phanteks Eclipse P350X Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G502

Found him through NCIX's channel looking for build guides for my first complete build

I saw his review of the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T

I had a project at school about power supply's and i watched the moduler vs non moduler video.

After that i subscribed on NCIX and after that on LinusTechTips.

I liked watching his old unboxings in the ncix office, I don't remmember the one video but I found him entertaining and knowledgeable so I continues watching.

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

I believe it was a few years ago, enquiring about a couple video cards.

I was searching for  HD 5770 unboxing or overview or even a review of it

but i think i watched one of his videos even before that from a link in an Indonesian forum when i asked around, the video was when he was still awkward in front of the camera, lol

Had questions about PCs, surfing internet for random interesting stuff about PCs and components. Stumbled on this guy couple years ago. Watched every video of him talking about tech, and im 23. Sticking with this guy till i die.

I came across him through the suggested videos bit in youtube. I only started watching after seeing the WAN show episode where TTL was a guest.

I think I saw vwestlife talking about him or somehing else.......

Don't remember, think a friend recommended this channel to me or i saw it on a similar video's list on one of Overclocked 3D's vids. Either way i glad im here now

I was doing a lot of research on cases for my desktop build. He happened to have a lot with the relevant information.

Fast as possible, actually. I was trying to prove to my friend that I could I knew what overclocking was, so I looked online to try and find something about it, skip a few days in the future...  we realised that he didn't have a overclockable processor, so that went out the window. Anyway, this was the original video that I saw.

The way I discovered anything to do with Linus was a friend of mine showed me a video claiming that i would "Think that this guy is really cute!" seeing how a lot of my friends like to tease me about my sexuality.

To be fair he was right. >.> And i also appreciated the concise presentation of knowledge and information.

NCIX and Linus own channel early days on YT B)

a year ago while i was searching for good headphone
and i found one of your video, and that what make me stick to your channel :)

i was searching in benchmarks and wallah

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

I was watching a lot of tech channels and under the recommended section linus was there, i started watching and found out that he was the best tech channel ever.

Linus unboxing of the 800D on the NCIX youtube page, and later when i was searching the tube for Corsair h100 specs and if its any good.

NCIX and I remember how skinny you were hahaha

Was researching for Razer stuff and something about gpu, and I found Linus. Subscribed to him during the giveaway. Register the forum acc to get some info about mechanical keyboard, that was Feb 2014. 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.