how did you find linus and his channel/forum?

Swndlr

just before he made the linustechtips channel

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

It was like 1 and the half years ago. I was looking hove to upgrade os from Vista to W7. And the video were he was upgrading camera man's PC. And then I saw some other vidios

NCIX! Don't remember which video, but still.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

This was one of my first videos that I watched on LinusTechTips, still using the 550 Ti to this day, sadly.

:3

That. Promptly purchased the case after this, too. Been very pleased with it.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Hey, I'm still using a GTX295 too! Man, we're so poor! :D

Haha, well to be fair it was a $1000 card back then :P.

#GTX295crew

Haha, well to be fair it was a $1000 card back then :P.

#GTX295crew

Oh oh, I got it second hand, from a friend. So, still poor :D

But it's incredible how much power that thing still have. Does get blazing hot and consumes a lot of electricity, but it's still so good.

The only problem is the driver keeps trying to push performance down, I have to tinker with the settings all the time.

Oh, no I'm getting off topic.

#GTX295crew

I was to build my first PC so I looked for reviews of some components, then I stumbled upon one of his vids.

Oh oh, I got it second hand, from a friend. So, still poor :D

But it's incredible how much power that thing still have. Does get blazing hot and consumes a lot of electricity, but it's still so good.

The only problem is the driver keeps trying to push performance down, I have to tinker with the settings all the time.

Oh, no I'm getting off topic.

#GTX295crew

Haha so true, running that card is like running a whole modern PC.  

Yeah it does get very hot and I'm not aware how the drivers push down performance - I thought it was just because the card was old and dusty, but even after i cleaned it, it continued to run the same way tbh e.g. css i used to get 300 fps constant and now only 150. 

I was looking at R9 290X benchmarks before I actually bought one and I saw one of the thumbnails as, One step closer to USB butt plugs. It interested me.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

I had been out of loop on PC related things for a very long time and was considering upgrading my current machine. Upon looking for information on whether my CPU would bottleneck a newer video card, I had found an NCIX Tech Tips YouTube video on the subject. That was my first time seeing Linus and I actually quite enjoyed how he presented the information.

Then I got a little confused for a while since I started seeing more videos of Linus but on different YouTube channels - LinusTechTips and Techquickie. Did a bit more digging and discovered that was his media group and that he is also still affiliated with NCIX.

Very glad to have stumbled upon Linus as a lot of his videos (and forum topics here) have gotten me relatively up to speed on things.

Mainboard ASUS Maximus VII Hero | CPU i5-4690K @ 4.7GHz | RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x4GB | Storage Kingston V300 SSD 240GB & 120GB, WD Black 1TB HDD | GPU EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0

PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2 | Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 AX240 watercooling kit / additional 2 x 140mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro Blue LED fans, 1 Cooler Master R4-L2R 120mm fan

Looking up the P8P67 motherboard from ASUS to see the SATA 3 6Gb/s problems it had.

Looking to overclock my AMD 1090T and YouTube pointed me to the NCIX video. The dulcet tones of Linus's voice pulled me in.

about two months ago when i was looking for new tech and releases and reviews on what to build

Around the 500 and 6000 series era.

I was looking for a review of my 3770k when it first came out and I got it. 

I found his channel two weeks ago while searching for reviews of mechanical keyboards. Not even sure what it is, but I loved his video and began watching more of his stuff. I've learned so much over the last two weeks and loved every minute of it. Cannot wait to see my first live WAN show tomorrow since I was unable to catch last week's show.

I was looking for a new PSU on NCIX.com to Crossfire a pair of Radeon 4870's and saw his video review of the Corsair AX750.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

This was the video that introduced me to Linus. I was actually wondering why people would "waste" their money on a mechanical keyboard. 

And got hooked, now have two mechanical keyboards and wanting more. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"