how did you find linus and his channel/forum?

Swndlr

I wanted to build a M-ITX build a few years ago; I found Linus after searching Youtube for some ITX build ideas.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I was looking for motherboard unboxings like 3 years ago. Watched every video since then and liked on every one since those like for charity times :)

Love your videos :)

I feel so new compared to everyone else, I started watching several months ago when I was first becoming interested in computer building. My brother recommended linus to me :P !

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

I was searching for build guides, and linus's were the best. He kept talking about how great Noctua's fans were, so I clicked through the channel to look for a review that just had to exist, ironically it did not but what I found instead was a great channel with lots of high quality content and an amazing community around it. All of this was a few months ago.

I first discovered linus when I was searching for an unboxing of a motherboard although I'm not sure of the specific video I vaguely remember that it was an asus z77

I was looking what a gtx 690 seeing what it was because iv didn't even know what a graphics card what so I watch it like the video and he got me in to gaming pc

I watched a laptop unboxing of his several years ago. I became a fan and was one of the first people on the forum.

He who dies with the most tools wins.

it was because of my eldest brother and he watched one of your video's which then i watched and then this happened 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I was searching for build guides, and linus's were the best. He kept talking about how great Noctua's fans were, so I clicked through the channel to look for a review that just had to exist, ironically it did not but what I found instead was a great channel with lots of high quality content and an amazing community around it. All of this was a few months ago.

Oh, but there are!

I was looking at buying a new case and found a video of him unboxing a case. I endured his voice sooner rather than later I became pretty fond of him, so I subbed.

Twitter | Steam |

I randomly search youtube, from anything. Happened to stumble in some of Linus' videos. Initial impression was,this guy talks funny, but boy that was the catch. Although, funny at first you could really tell how serious he is about his videos and the content. I rarely subscribe to other channels, but Linus way of talking and content made me subscribe.

Completely randomly going around YouTube when I first was learning about tech at all... I think it was November 2009... So yeah... Long time subscriber... :D

I saw Total Biscuit link the wan-show ep. where he appeared as a guest and i subscribed pretty much right after the show. I'd love to see Linus or Luke or why not both of them on TB's podcast someday. That would rock.

Watched the amd vs Nvidia fps video on ncix when he had blonde hair still lolz. What a dude. Been a linus fan for years

It was a while ago when linus was still at NCIX and the russian was there. He was showing the start-up comparison between SSD and a HDD. My favorite was the ASUS Rampage III

I found LinusTechTips' youtube through youtubes suggested videos while watching OC3D/TTL's videos a few years ago now

Same with many here, researching for PC parts for my first build, back in 2011. NCIX videos kept popping up on searches so naturally I started looking to them for info. It helps that they opened a store right across from my place, so now everything PC that I buy comes from them (price match + in store pick up ftw!). Then LTT started and I've been on the ride since. It's awesome.

A long time ago when I was looking for reviews of the antec lanboy air. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

I was researching computer parts and came across his very informative videos, which turned out to be helpful, then I saw the forum talked about on the WAN show and decided to join it.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

watching cpu cool reviews on TTL's channel a few years ago (before linus started live streaming in the kitchen of his old house) then i saw a recommended link to another video by some guy named 'Linus' (who does this guy think he is?) who was unboxing/reviewing the same cooler, figured i'd check it out given Linus' video wasn't 2 hours long.