Fan control software for MSI motherboard?

Hi. I'm getting a bit annoyed of constantly rebooting into BIOS and tinkering with fan profiles.  <_<

I tried Speedfan, it isn't working for me. Easytune won't install. I don't know about Asus' suite.

Any recommendations?

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

When you say it's not working for you,you mean you just don't like it or it's actually not working?

Also,what do you think on hardware control?Like a fan controller?

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

When you say it's not working for you,you mean you just don't like it or it's actually not working?

Also,what do you think on hardware control?Like a fan controller?

I'll think of a fan controller when I get more fans into my system. I want my fans decked out. It's not working as in nothing shows up...

bios?

speedfan always works. you need to configure it correctly. it is complicated.

I'm trying to get the perfect fan profile set up in my system. I am constantly rebooting into BIOS to change this or change that, then doing a Prime95 stress test to see if temps improved or got worse. It would be good if I could do a bit of testing from the desktop.

How do you configure it?

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

I'm trying to get the perfect fan profile set up in my system. I am constantly rebooting into BIOS to change this or change that, then doing a Prime95 stress test to see if temps improved or got worse. It would be good if I could do a bit of testing from the desktop.

How do you configure it?

sorry, go on youtube or google.

I always have this video saved because speedfan is a mess.

It's an older version of speedfan but it works fine on the newest version(at least for me)

Hope it helps

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Lack of information... First of all, only Speedfan and your mobos own software will have curve style config for case fans. Second, it doesn't matter which program you use if your case fans are 3pin ones. They will only work on 7V or 12V unless you use hardware based fan controller. For PWM fans Speedfan will be best solution.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 8 months later...

If you are hitting the 50% limit for the sysfan 4 pin connection on your MSI motherboard I did a video on how to lower it below that. I set my sys fan to 10% - 65% @ 45c - 75c on my i3 4160 and its cool as ever and now I am not sitting next to a F'n helicopter drowning me out. Their default had my fan pushing 2400rpm.....at low 40's WTF!@!~~!@ 

Then they dont mention anything on how to change this below the 50% threshold on their site, GIR!

I guess thats MSI engineers at work  :blush:

If you are hitting the 50% limit for the sysfan 4 pin connection on your MSI motherboard I did a video on how to lower it below that.

I have the same Problem an at first I thought your Video was the solution, but then I realized, that the MSI Control Center does not save the Settings you make... So after you restart you Computer everything is back to before and the fans spin uneccessary fast.

I tried SpeedFan, but it is extremely compliceted and I wasn't able to Change fan Speeds at all...

It's a shame that MSI does not allow fan Speeds below 50%..