Tropical Air Cooling

Go to solution Solved by SeanBond,

Any ideas how I can keep things cool without the huge purchases? (60USD is considered a huge purchase from my perspective)

thanks...

Ah my bad, I thought the question was for buiding a cool system. As far as keeping an existing system cool the only real thing you can do is change the location of where the pc sits and how fast your fan speeds are. Something else a little more extreme is buying high quality thermal paste and replacing the existing paste you have on your cpu and gpu but that might not help much. 

Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask for some tips to keep my system cool enough (around +15C to +20C relative to ambient for all parts under load)...

System specs:
CPU: AMD A8-5600K stock clocks, turbo enabled

CPU Cooler: DeepCool Gammax S40

Thermal Paste: DeepCool Z5
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-DS2 rev. 1.0

GPU: Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB DDR5 OC 2xDVI

ODD: Samsung combo drive
HDD0: 3.5" Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 500GB SATA II

HDD1: 2.5" WD Scorpio Blue 5600rpm 250GB SATA II

EHDD: WD Elements 7200rpm 1TB USB 2.0

Case: AeroCool PGS-V
Fan Config: Zero net flow...
Fans: 1 front 120mm Aerocool LED fan, 1 rear 120mm Aerocool fan

Ambient conditions:
24-41C (year round) 40-100% humidity (average), moderately dusty, vinyl flooring... PC is placed on the floor... No air conditioning... Room size is less than 20 sq. m. with ceiling height at 2.3m... Room conditions are maintained using 2 12" electric fans...

With that humidity i would try to keep your components well above the ambient temperature so they can't build up moisture.

who cares...

Sounds fine to me but if you want to stay cooler you can get more gaming performance out of a intelG3258 and a gtx 750 and have better gaming performance, that cpu and gpu stays fantastically cool even with stock cooling. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Sounds fine to me but if you want to stay cooler you can get more gaming performance out of a intelG3258 and a gtx 750 and have better gaming performance, that cpu and gpu stays fantastically cool even with stock cooling. 

Any ideas how I can keep things cool without the huge purchases? (60USD is considered a huge purchase from my perspective)

thanks...

thanks...

Ah my bad, I thought the question was for buiding a cool system. As far as keeping an existing system cool the only real thing you can do is change the location of where the pc sits and how fast your fan speeds are. Something else a little more extreme is buying high quality thermal paste and replacing the existing paste you have on your cpu and gpu but that might not help much. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Thanks...

I'm already securing a budget for a 120 slim, 1 120 static pressure (not Noctua, hopefully, Corsair) and 3 120 high airflow fans, but the hard drive has to come first...

Sorry I have nothing to help out. You could always keep your case open if you don't have any issues with dust. The would help a lot.