Heaven Society - Anime Suggestion Submission

My suggestion list for now. Note that these are in order of what I prefer over what. i.e. 1 > 2 for me. Also, I would like to join then whoever is in charge of that.

1. Durarara!! - An action/mystery/supernatural themed show that I reallllly enjoyed. Almost entirely in fact. 
  2. Angel Beats - Action/Supernatural/Mystery (sorta), I had feels from this anime. It was done a bit quickly, but I think that actually added to my enjoyment rather than took away from it. Can be very dark at times.
  3. Humanity Has Declined - A sort of slice of life/post apocalyptic type of anime with comedy. It's the fairies that I love. Kawaii is king for me. :3 It asks a lot of philosophical questions about humans though, which I also enjoyed on top of the mix of both light-hearted & dark (sometimes very dark) humor.
  4. C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control - A somewhat psychological anime with a bit of action and existential complexity. I never finished it, but seriously enjoyed what I did watch. I do that sometimes.
  5. Blood Lad - Very similar to Beelzebub honestly in terms of themes and genre. I enjoyed it more because I found it funny and a few other things. Again, has a terrible ending that spoils the crap out of the later manga chapters, so if watched, and you think you want to continue the real story in manga form, do not finish this series. Just read the manga once you are certain you are interested in this.
  6. Beelzebub - Action/Comedy, I enjoyed the action/characters in this anime. It has a stupid ending, but was pretty good up until that point. I assume we were expected to read the manga to continue the actual story.
  7. Desert Punk - It's like Trigun, but more Comedy and less Action. Intended to be silly, at least imo, I enjoyed it because of it's crude humor.
  8. Nichijou - An awesome anime comedy that is incredibly silly in a good way. 

I'll have more later. I'll quote this post and edit in the new ones with something to differentiate the old from the new suggestions.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Ok, let's try this again.

Darker Than Black: Action, seinen, sci-fi/fantasy. One of my top 5. Great action, great pacing, great characters, great plot, and a killer soundtrack by Yoko Kanno. Just skip the second season - it takes everything that was good about the first and grinds it into the dirt. Available on Netflix.

Baccano!: Action, seinen. The show that started me watching anime, and the closest animated equivalent to a Quentin Tarantino movie. Also features one of the all-time great English dubs, which really sells the Prohibition-era gangland setting. Available on Hulu as of this writing.

Gargantia on the Verderous Planet: Sci-fi, drama, slice of life, shonen. What happens when Gen Urobuchi, the man behind Madoka and Fate/Zero, decides to make a mecha series. It's surprisingly lighthearted for most of its run, but retains the man's signature slow-burn pacing. Available on Crunchyroll.

The Devil Is A Part-Timer: Fantasy, comedy, shonen. An evil overlord is beaten by a legendary hero and flees through a portal to another world... ours. Once here, he promptly gets a job flipping burgers at McDonalds MgRonalds. Funny as all hell. For those of you who recognize my username from elsewhere, I was a fan of this show even before I ended up cast as the lead in the abridged version.

Tiger & Bunny: Action, comedy, shonen. What happens when Japan puts out a story about American style superheroes. Quite well done. Available on Hulu, I think.

Samurai Champloo: Action, drama, seinen. From the team behind Cowboy Bebop. What else do you need to know? Available on netflix.

Fate/Zero: Action, drama, horror, seinen. The Nasuverse is one of the most complicated fictional settings in existence and consists of multiple visual novels that are each longer than War and Peace, but fortunately you don't need any of that background knowledge to enjoy this prequel. Available on netflix.

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad: Drama, shonen. A really great down-to-earth series about a boy and his band.

Paranoia Agent: Mystery, seinen. The sole TV series from the mind of the late, great Satoshi Kon, the man behind Perfect Blue and Paprika.

Mawaru Penguindrum: Drama, seinen. Probably the strangest show I've ever seen, but in a good way. From the director of Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Ouran High School Host Club: Comedy, shojo. Hands down the funniest anime I've ever seen in my life. Available on Netflix, and do yourself a favor and watch the dub.

More to come.

Very nice recommendation list~! Bravo!

Nichijou

YUS~! That imagine hahahha

This abridged series? I fucking love that series it made me watch the subs and the official Dub was ruined by the abridged series for me, the voices just don't work as well. And we just got "I couldn't be a hero..." and they are pretty much the same thing.

Hataraku maou sama was a really good one. 

Nichijou is absolutely my #1 favorite comedy anime. I have never laughed as many times or as hard as i did at that show.

Purple you should consider joining the anime club, were a bunch chatty bastards. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Started watching anime a few months ago. here is a list of my recommendations (in no order).

Darker Than Black (season 1 only) - Great show about 'spies' with supernatural powers. Good story and a great ending, music and animation are both well done.

Angel Beats - People die and go to a school in the afterlife. Characters are well developed and no episode left me uninterested. (only 13 episodes long)

Attack On Titan - This show is possibly the most brutal thing I've watched, best word to describe it is intensity.

Requiem of the Phantom - A story about brainwashed assassins fighting for a syndicate called Inferno. The newest assassin tries to get his past back. This show moves really slow.

Code Geass - Possibly the best revolution themed anime. Our main character lelouch gets a geass power and decides to fight Britannia and take back Japan.

Gurenn Lagann - Mech anime that grows as the characters grow, definitely could call it a 'feel good' anime with plenty of funny moments.

Clannad - This show is both hilarious and incredibly sad. Highly recommend to anyone if they're willing to watch it all. (this anime moves slow in season 2)

My Mental Multiple-Choice Power Is Completely Ruining My School Romantic Comedy - self descriptive, 11 episodes

Death note - Awesome investigative thriller about a high schooler who stumbles on a death note, which kills anyone who has their name written in it, justice ensues.

All english dubs are great except Attack On Titan, unfortunately. My Mental Choices is only in Japanese.

Left the descriptions kind of vague as I didn't want to spoil anything.

Started watching anime a few months ago. here is a list of my recommendations (in no order).

Darker Than Black (season 1 only), Stein's Gate, Angel Beats, Attack On Titan, Requiem of the Phantom, Code Geass, Gurenn Lagann, Clannad, My Mental Choices, Death note

All english dubs are great on all of these except Attack On Titan. My Mental Choices is only in Japanese.

Please state why your recommending each series :D

Also would you be interested in joining the club? :D

xGKrOua.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

This is jerry-rigged... As you can see, linking this will take hours... The least I could do was get rid of "- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia". I've watched like five of the stuff of my bookmarks.

Animated Films

5 Centimeters Per Second

From Up on Poppy Hill

Paprika (2006 film)

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (2006 film)

The Place Promised in Our Early Days

Wolf Children

Anime/Manga

A

A Town Where You Live - aka "Kimi no Iru Machi". It's a romance anime with some sad parts. Yuzuki Eba becomes friends with Haruto Kirishima and ends up attending the same school after her father's remarriage. Things happens where Yuzuki moves back and dates someone else even though Haruto ends up falling for her and losing a crush on someone else. They do end up together though. So, it's a bittersweet anime, I guess.

Afro Samurai - So, you have Samuel L. Jackson as the main character and Yuri Lowenthal as the main rival and former friend. Now add katana and the No. 1 headband that means you're the best of the best. Cue bloodshed, African-American and Japanese culture clashes, and sweet animation. That's Afro Samurai. It also has a wicked soundtrack.

Amagami - This is one of the visual novels to anime sort of deal. Amagami is about a guy who was rejected on Christmas Eve. Cut to two years later, Junichi Tachibana meets six girls who open his heart again near Christmas. Yes, it's one of those and assuming it's like Clannad, there's probably a central female interest even though each one will have an episode or arc dedicated to her. I seriously don't remember why I bookmarked this.

Angel Beats! - What happens when you die? Well, Angel Beats! tries to answer that as people stay in a limbo-school and a resistance group trying to take down "Angel". People sometimes die with regrets and that's the main thing this anime works with and how to let go of regrets. It's bittersweet and funny since everyone's dead which makes dying just an afterthought. Cue hilariously cruel deaths. Angel Beats! also has an amazing soundtrack. 

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day - aka Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. Six friends are having the time of their lives until one of them dies. The death of Meiko "Menma" Honma estranges the other five with the main dude becoming a hikikomori. The anime deals with death and moving on with it especially for those affected at a young age. Also, there's a ghost girl, Menma, who comes back to her friends. I think it'd be a good watch; so, a tragic, slice of life sort of anime.

B

Baccano! - This from what heard is awesome like Durarara!!!. Set in early 20th century United States, Baccano! from what I heard, really shines in the English dub since the characters talk like they would back in the 1930's. So, an Italian immigrant would be speaking like the guys from The Godfather or Mafia. That being said, other dubs probably made use of different accents as well to distinguish characters. I think it's action-y, funny, and kind of sweet since it does deal with immortality and the price of it. Also, it has great music.

Beelzebub - A comedy-action anime. It's about a guy who's the number one delinquent and all-around badass, Tatsumi Oga. Because of his wicked aura, he ends up being the carrier of Beelzebub who is a baby. Raising a kid while still in school and trying to maintain a badass reputation results in hilarious moments along with awesome ones. Also, hot maid.   :P

Berserk - Do I need to say anything or should I let Guts beat you into a bloody pulp? Demons, twisted pacts, action, and BFSes. Set in a messed up world that gets even more messed up, Guts goes on a demon-slaying rampage in revenge after being betrayed by a trusted friend and guiding light, Griffith. It's bloody and awesome. What more could you want?

Beyond the Boundary - aka Kyoukai no Kanata. Monsters, blood magic, ice magic, and megane moe. What more could you want? So, Akihito Kanbara is half-human, half-youmu being who ends up being more than just a guy with a mixed heritage. It's action-y, funny, and kind of strange since Akihito likes girls with glasses and his friend Hiroomi Nase is a siscon with a fabulous scarf. Enjoy.

Binbō-gami ga! - aka Good Luck Girl!. This is pretty much your comedy anime about a girl with extraordinary luck, Sakura Ichiko, and the Poverty God, Momiji Binboda, who trying to balance the scales of fortune and misfortune. Cue girl with good luck suffering horribly, I think. Whatever, it's funny anime.

Bitter Virgin - Another bittersweet anime - hmm, I'm noticing a trend here. This anime is about a girl who was raped by her stepfather while her mother did nothing and a guy wanting to be a bachelor or player or whatever derogatory term can be used here. Daisuke Suwa is annoyed that Hinako Aikawa avoids men and thinks she puts on a pure virgin act. By chance, he learns why and soon begins to respect her, protect her, and love her. Hinako also deals with the after-effects of putting up her child for adoption and whether it was the right choice or not. So, coming of age story for the guy and a tragic story for Hinako trying to adjust to her past and learn to live again. I haven't seen it, so take my words with a grain of salt, however, I want to and I think it's a great idea that's unique among the whole "heroes save the world" and harem stories that we see everywhere.

Black Lagoon - Bloody action. Black Lagoon takes you on a trip of mercenaries and the underground world of them through the eyes of Rokuro "Rock" Okajima, a regular guy who gets mixed up into a crazy, bloody, and somewhat disturbing world of bloody money. How many more times can I say blood?!

Blame! - stylized as BLAME!. This is a wicked anime and manga series. Think Berserk, but with guns and cyborgs. BLAME! has a cool noir look to it and like Berserk, the world's messed up and there will be blood.

Bunny Drop - aka Usagi Drop - "usagi" means "rabbit" in Japanese and it's kind of clear if you've read the Usagi Yojimbo comics why a rabbit bodyguard was hopping around. This is a sweet anime about a man who takes care of his grandfather's illegitimate daughter, Rin Kaga. Disgusted by his family's behavior, Daikichi Kawachi takes in Rin and begins a life as a single father who's thirty. It's a nice story about dealing with a child while single and touches on the meaning of family, hard work, and how a love life is affected when you have a child. The anime, I think, ends before Rin moves into her teens, but the manga goes after that and well, let's just say something weird happens, 'k? Nevertheless, I think it's worth watching - I need to watch this... - for a cute, little story.

Burst Angel - aka Bakuretsu Tenshi. Kind of yuri, but the main focus is on gun-slinging action. I just remember seeing a commercial of this, but I never watched it. So, if you like action and a "female Dante" - her name's Jo -, then you'd love this.

Brynhildr in the Darkness - aka Gokukoku no Brynhildr. No, Sazh isn't here, though I wished the badass dad was. Anyway, it's another story about an amnesiac girl, a promise in the past, and science-magical powers. So, another bittersweet anime since Ryouta Murakami basically has to get to know Neko Kuroha again after she gains powers and lost her memories. Also, there's some ecchi stuff with a girl who usually forces her way onto Ryouta as far as the clips I seen have shown.

C

C (anime)

Canaan (anime)

Carnival Phantasm

Chihayafuru

Clannad

Claymore

Cowboy Bebop

Cromartie High School

D

Darker than Black

Date A Live!

Daily Lives of High School Boys

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

D-Frag!

Dog & Scissors

Durarara!!

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia

E

El Cazador de la Bruja - More amnesia, yay... The gist is this: amnesiac girl with powers is accompanied by a badass bounty huntress. El Cazador de la Bruja is a Western sort of anime with guns and outlaws. I don't know much about it aside from that. Take a shot at it. 

Ergo Proxy - Gothic world with robots and a sense of impending doom? I like it. Ergo Proxy's kind of like I, Robot and Blade Runner along with GiTS and Texhnolzye. It's one of those dark animes about robotics and humanity. I haven't seen it, but I remember it being mentioned when Texhnolzye was being discussed. 

F

From the New World (novel) - aka Shinsekai yori. Y'know how paradises are and how they aren't what they seem to be. Well, From the New World is exactly this. Don't know much, but I'm going to say things aren't going to be sunshine and rainbows.

G

Gantz

Genshiken

Ghost in the Shell

Ghost Hunt

GJ Club

Golden Time (novel series)

H

Haganai

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan

Hanasaku Iroha

Heaven's Memo Pad

Hell Girl

Hellsing

Humanity Has Declined

Hyōka - aka Hyouka aka Too-Lazy-To-Learn-Alt-Codes and aka @MyInnerFred. Seriously though, it's really cool anime about mystery solving. It's not as wacky as Scooby-Doo, but Hyouka has humorous moments alongside cute, sad, and sometimes disturbing ones. Also, since it's a mystery anime, there are many clues and references to things that Japanese culture-savvy people will pick up on along with a other ones like something relating to Agatha Christie.

I

I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job. - aka Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku  wo Ketsui Shimashita. If real life was a fantasy game, then this is probably a reasonable outcome when there are no more major baddies to fight. Kind of like Hataraku Maou-sama!, but with the roles reversed. Raul Chaser was supposed to be a hero, until someone up and beat the demon lord. Now, he's working at a Magic Shop with the demon lord's daughter, Fino Bloodstone. It's a funny anime with heartwarming moments since Raul is a hero, he'll protect anyone no matter what they are or who they are within reason of course - I wouldn't protect The Joker unless I had an extremely good reason.

Immortal Grand Prix - Take Gundam or any other mech anime and combine it with F-Zero. That is exactly what IGPX is. It's a fast, furious, and action-packed mech racing anime. I remember watching it on Toonami, but I never finished it; I'd like to though.

Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san - It's a yuri anime. Shut it, I like yuri; it's cute and sweet. Anyway, this is a comedy one like YuruYuri. If you understand Japanese or can pick up on clues easily, then you'll notice that pretty much every character's name references the animal associated with them. Yachiyo Inugami is a masochistic, perverted cat lover (and dog lover since she owns three) and Suzu Nekoyama is a reserved dog lover. You can guess what happens, but the humor comes in how Inugami hits on everyone and how wacky everyone is. So, it's a neat and fun anime. 

K

Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens

Kare Kano

Kokoro Connect

Kurozuka

Kagerou Project

L

Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father! - aka Papa no Iukoto no Kikinasai!. Another single parent anime. Yuuta Segawa is asked to take care of his sister's three daughters while she and her husband take a trip. Something happens to their airplane and not wanting to have his nieces be adopted separately by their relatives, Yuuta decides to take them in. I did mention that two of his nieces are step-daughters to his sister, Yuri, right? Also those two step-daughters are only related to their dad. Awkward and funny since people start to think Yuuta might be doing "things". Otherwise, it's a sweet and funny anime. Have fun.

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions - aka Chunnibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!. Ah, where the "woop woop" and "fingers twirling" became memeified. This is an anime about the quirks of people and dealing with them. Everyone's weird, right? Well, some people are a bit weirder and some are ashamed of their human weirdness. Kind of a sweet, funny, and funky anime. I haven't seen it, but many have and they have better info on this.

M

Michiko to Hatchin

Minami-ke

Mnemosyne (anime)

Multiple Personality Detective Psycho

Muteki Kanban Musume

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU

N

Noir (anime)

Nyan Koi!

Nisekoi

O

One Week Friends - aka Isshuukan Friends. Ever watched 50 First Dates? I haven't, but it's like this. Kaori Fujimiya for whatever reason cannot remember her friends and forgets everything about them after each Monday. Despite knowing this, Yuuki Hase tries to be friends with her as a way to make her happy. It's another bittersweet anime as Yuuki falls in love with her and by helping Kaori gaining more friends, he becomes more of a background friend. Do they end up? Well, you're going to have to watch it or read it. It's a nice anime since people with anterograde amnesia deal with similar obstacles like Kaori. Speaking of anterograde amnesia, The Lookout is a cool, crime film on this; same with Memento.

P

Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they? - aka Mondaigi-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?. Kind of like Alice in Wonderland but with a cute bunny girl named Kurousagi. A couple of psychics become bored, enter a strange world, and the adventure ensues. It's funny and I guess, action-y. I don't know much about it, but picking on Kurousagi seems to be a main quirk of the series.

R

Rurouni Kenshin - I remember watching this as a kid and it was awesome - shame that I never got to finish it. Rurouni Kenshin is a classic anime about redemption, honor, and living by a sword that does not kill.

RWBY - Pronounced like ruby. Action, action, and more action. That's the gist of RWBY and with great action anime, expect great animation. I don't know much about this aside from the fact it's from the United States and by Monty Oum. So, it's like Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra except less on Chinese martial arts, spirituality, and mythology, but more on epic ass-kicking. 

S

Samurai Champloo

Sankarea

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai

Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei

Sket Dance

Speed Grapher

Spiral

Strike the Blood

T

Tamako Market

Texhnolyze

The Eccentric Family

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou

The Tower of Druaga

Tokko (manga)

Tona-Gura!

True Tears (anime)

Tokyo Ravens

The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior

Tari Tari

U

Umineko: When They Cry

Un-Go

V

W

WataMote - No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular! - aka Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui. So, this is a wacky anime about a girl who is socially awkward and epic at the same time. Watamote is kind of depressing since it's more of a parody of self-help as Tomoko Kuroki's kind of bad when it comes to socializing, common sense, and that no therapists are involved. Fun anime though from what the clips are showing... Yes, I haven't watched it like pretty much everything else here...

Welcome to the N.H.K. - aka NHK ni Youkoso!. This is a great anime on hikikomori, anxiety, abuse, stress, and social issues everyone deals with, especially towards Japan as the main character, Tatsuhiro Satou, is a hikikomori due to extreme anxiety - he even develops hallucinations and believes there's a conspiracy and the world is after him. The strange thing is that the anime follows the novel more closely while the manga has a slightly changed story and makes Misaki Nakahara, the girl who tries to help Satou, into something more sinister. Also, for those a bit savvy on names and Japanese culture, you might be able to pick out the meaning behind Tatsuhiro Satou's name. It should be easy. Right, Mr. Smith?

Witch Hunter Robin - I have no idea what this is and I cannot recall why I bookmarked this. All I know is that it looks cool and is probably action-y considering the title. If anything, from what I read, it's focused on the "With great power comes great responsibility" as the "witches" have to deal with the extraordinary gifts and not go insane.

Working!! - This is a funny anime about people working in a restaurant. It's wacky as hell since almost everyone is insane, crazy, or messed-up in some way. Let's see, you got your sly-eyed bastard, girl with a katana, lazy-ass manager, stoic badass who can't confess to his love, a lolicon - oh, sorry, I meant, minicon -, a stubby 17-year old loli, and an androphobic martial artist who beats up pretty much every guy who tries to eat there. Cue hilarity indeed.

Y

Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san

You're Under Arrest! (manga)

Yozakura Quartet

YuruYuri

Yu Yu Hakusho

Z

Zetman - I think the manga is way more ahead of the anime which is normal for anime to manga adaptions. Anyway, it's about a guy who has superhuman powers in a world that has human and mutant-alien-artificial life. Humans are xenophobic about the Players which in turn makes the Players angry at humans. The main character, Jin Kanzaki, can transform in ZET and uses his transformed state to protect people. Though, Jin, doesn't do this out of justice or anything. I think it's just instinct to protect. Kouga Amagi, the other main character, is obsessed about justice and wanting to be a hero. So, it's like Superman meets Devil May Cry. You have a superhero who has an alternate identity with awesome powers along with the whole "I'm a stoic badass in red" and devil may care attitude. Then there's a guy always trying to gain power to redeem his family with fair, slicked back hair, sharp sword, and an angelic suit of armor. Oh, and I forgot to mention manipulative bastards are the main villains in Zetman. If you like action, it's there, but there is a disturbing part of Kouga's chapter than involves a lot of rape. It's not much in the anime for obvious reasons, but it's in the manga.

Edit I: Added spoilers and finished "A" and "Z" which only had one entry: Zetman. Finished means links and descriptions are added.

Edit II: Finishing up "B" and "O".

Edit III: Still on "B", but I finished "P" an "R".  :D  :(

Edit IV: Wooh! Finished "B" and "F", but I keep remembering and adding more anime/manga....  :mellow:

Edit V.5: Had to redo some since I accidentally clicked the "X" for this tab.  :(

Edit VI: Done for now. I feel like a database when I look at this.

Edited by Hidden Orange

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

This abridged series? I fucking love that series it made me watch the subs and the official Dub was ruined by the abridged series for me, the voices just don't work as well. And we just got "I couldn't be a hero..." and they are pretty much the same thing.

Yep, that's the one. Glad you like it! I just sent in my lines for episode 6 a few days ago, so hopefully that'll be out by the end of the month. I'm also playing Yato in Noragami abridged, from one of the writers of this one.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

This is jerry-rigged... As you can see, linking this will take hours...

Animated Films

5 Centimeters Per Second
From Up on Poppy Hill
Paprika (2006 film)
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (2006 film)
The Place Promised in Our Early Days
Wolf Children

Anime/Manga

A

A Town Where You Live
Amagami
Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day

B

Baccano!
Beyond the Boundary
Binbō-gami ga!
Bitter Virgin
Blame!
Bunny Drop
Brynhildr in the Darkness

C

C (anime)
Canaan (anime)
Carnival Phantasm
Chihayafuru
Clannad

D

Date A Live
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Dog & Scissors
Durarara!!
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Darker than Black
D-Frag!

E

El Cazador de la Bruja
Ergo Proxy

F

From the New World (novel)

G

Gantz
Genshiken
Ghost Hunt
GJ Club
Golden Time (novel series)

H

Haganai
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan
Hanasaku Iroha
Heaven's Memo Pad
Hell Girl
Humanity Has Declined
Hyōka

I

I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job.
Immortal Grand Prix
Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san

K

Kannagi: Crazy Shrine Maidens
Kare Kano
Kokoro Connect
Kurozuka
Kagerou Project

L

Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father!
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions

M

Michiko to Hatchin
Minami-ke
Mnemosyne (anime)
Multiple Personality Detective Psycho
Muteki Kanban Musume
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU

N

Noir (anime)
Nyan Koi!
Nisekoi

O

One Week Friends

P

Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they?

R

RWBY

S

Sankarea
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei
Sket Dance
Speed Grapher
Strike the Blood

T

Texhnolyze
The Devil Is a Part-Timer!
The Eccentric Family
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
The Tower of Druaga
Tokko (manga)
Tona-Gura!
True Tears (anime)
Tokyo Ravens
The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior
Tari Tari

U

Umineko: When They Cry
Un-Go

W

WataMote - No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!
Welcome to the N.H.K.
Witch Hunter Robin

Y

Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san
You're Under Arrest! (manga)
YuruYuri
Yozakura Quartet

Z

Zetman

My god orange so many..... ok problem is we request people to post a reason why your recommending each series. Maybe do  2 - 3 at a time when you have free time? :D

BTW would you be interested in joining us in the anime club?

Yi3xDDn.gif

EDIT: I should not those are some really good suggestions.

Hanasaku Iroha

Heaven's Memo Pad
Hyōka
Chihayafuru 

All those animated films are great watches, Wolf Children is one mist people don't know about. 

My god orange so many..... ok problem is we request people to post a reason why your recommending each series. Maybe do  2 - 3 at a time when you have free time? :D

BTW would you be interested in joining us in the anime club?

I'd need to watch about ten of them or something. Most of the stuff that I bookmarked are ones that caught my eye. I only saw Texhnolzye, Hyouka, Speed Grapher, and old stuff like Yu Yu Hakusho, Mobile G Gundam Fighter, Shinzo, Rave Master, and etc. Some of which I didn't finished like Yu Yu Hakusho since it was on Toonami way back then. I'll add some descriptions or link them slowly when I find time.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

I'd need to watch about ten of them or something. Most of the stuff that I bookmarked are ones that caught my eye. I only saw Texhnolzye, Hyouka, Speed Grapher, and old stuff like Yu Yu Hakusho, Mobile G Gundam Fighter, Shinzo, Rave Master, and etc. Some of which I didn't finished like Yu Yu Hakusho since it was on Toonami way back then. I'll add some descriptions or link them slowly when I find time.

Yay~! The best orange is the on you have to look for~

How come no one here ever suggests one of the S Class series?? such as

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

For decades, the Galactic Empire has been locked in an interstellar war with the Free Planets Alliance, a conflict that involves thousands of spaceships and millions of soldiers on both sides. Two new commanders enter the conflict with great hopes: Imperial Admiral Reinhard von Lohengramm and the FPA's Yang Wen-Li. As they deal with superiors and subordinates, maneuver through complicated political arrangements, plot strategies, and win battles, each will be tested, and ultimately, changed, by the reality of war.

Oh, I didn't know we were doing movies too. Here is my movie suggestion list (will update as new ones come up). I'm not going to recommend Studio Ghibli movies. Most of them are automatic "must watch" imo. Same rules as my series suggestion list.

1. Redline - This movie's animation is fricking gorgeous and the thing is sooo detailed. A single artist did every single frame by hand over a 7 year period. It's silly to an extent, but in a good way. It ranking above Studio Ghibli movies for me means it is something I very highly recommend.
  2. 5 Centimeters per Second - This is a love story in 3 acts. It's got beautiful animation and the story really grabs your heart and squeezes it. It's slow, but I like that. Gives you time to appreciate the animation. Read the epilogue manga novel after you watch it. It adds to the ending.
  3. Karas: The Prophecy & Karas; The Revelation - These movies are actually 6 OVAs. 3 OVAs to each "movie". The animation/CGI is kind of great, and the action is fun to watch imo. Supernatural/Action/Mystery are the genres. 
  4. King of Thorn - The CGI in this movie is absolutely terrible. I'm getting that out of the way now. However, I really did enjoy watching it. The mystery/reverse "who dun it" story was pretty awesome. The end has a great twist (M. Night Shyamalan level), and it was pretty good overall. The CGI is like poison to me though. I want to rank it higher, but I can't because of that.

I feel like if we are watching a series, the movies go along with it. i.e. Cowboy Bebop's Knockin' on Heaven's Door. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Well to be honest lots of animes have already been suggested and I'm sure the ones I'm about to suggest were suggested at some time in this club ... But whatever  :D

1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann --> Along with the Code Geass Series this anime is one of my all time favorite mechas ... It really amazes me how not-cliche this anime is because most mechas are (IMHO)
  2. D. Gray-Man --> This is a very dark anime, and the storyline isn't the best but it still had some really nice arcs and I put this one in the list to shift this Society a bit ... Not too sure but I think you guys haven't really looked into the more 'Dark/Demon' genre (I'm a new member so I could be wrong)
  3. Hunter X Hunter --> I cannot stop recommending this anime ... The 2011 version is still ongoing but it's currently one of my favorite animes of all time. It's a really dark but it presents lots of very deep arguments and ideas, and for people like me  ;) You'll love it! (I recommend watching the 2011 version, it's better paced in the couple of first arcs)
  4. Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi --> Or otherwise known as History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi ... Unlike the rest of this list this anime is quite light and funny, I enjoyed many of the comedic scenes but what made it for me is that it still had a plot ... Unlike many purely comedic animes that have no plot and are no fun to watch

Well that's what I recommend I'll leave some other animes for future recommendations ... But remember me as the guy who likes dark and/or serious animes (Although I watch some funny animes from time to time)  :D

"Stay focused on the present, and the future will fall into place"

-snip-

Well, that's what they said. If an anime is recommended multiple times, it moves up the recommendation list. That's why I edit my posts to recommend ones that other people recommend that I forgot about. 

Also, +1 to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, but I tried avoiding suggesting long anime like HxH. That's just me though.

† Christian Member †

Well, that's what they said. If an anime is recommended multiple times, it moves up the recommendation list. That's why I edit my posts to recommend ones that other people recommend that I forgot about. 

Also, +1 to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, but I tried avoiding suggesting long anime like HxH. That's just me though.

try not to edit your posts in this thread too ofter, just make a new post for new stuff.

YUS~! That imagine hahahha

How did I know you would like it xD

For any one who wants a look at everything suggested during weeks 1-10 for new members.

Just CTRL + F through the list

Picks
Log Horizon
Hunter x Hunter
 Steins;Gate
 Log Horizon
 Nagi no Asukara
 Jojo's Bizzare Adventure
 Kill la Kill
 Durarara
 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (Haganai)
  Yowapeda
 Samurai Champloo
 Fairy Tail
 Wolf's Rain
 Black Rock Shooter
 Mirai Nikki
 Full Metal Alchemist
 Cross Game
 Baby Steps
 Anohana
 Code:Breaker
 The Irregular at Magic Highschool
 5 Cm Per Second
 Hyouka
 Shiki
 Burst Angel
 Toradora
 Shiki
 Cowboy Bebop
 Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
 Di Gi Charat: Winter Garden
 .Hack//Sign
 Zetsuen No Tempest
 Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
 Cyborg 009
 Attack on Titan
 Death Note
 Thunder Jet
 I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job.

Winners of each week

1 ?????
2 Log Horizon
3 Steins Gate
4 Wolf's Rain
5 Black Rock Shooter - Mirai Nikki
6 Irregular at Magic Highschool
7 Hyouka
8 Ghost In the Shell SAC
9 Zetsuen No Tempest
10 Cowboy Bebop - Can't be a Hero

Dunno if this will help or not but I think it'll be nice to make it easy for people to see what has won already.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

try not to edit your posts in this thread too ofter, just make a new post for new stuff.

I only edit posts for around 1 hour after I first post it. Then after that, I'll just make a new one. Unless no one has posted since my post, in which case I'll just keep editing it.

-snip-

That's great. Thanks. :D

† Christian Member †

I only edit posts for around 1 hour after I first post it. Then after that, I'll just make a new one. Unless no one has posted since my post, in which case I'll just keep editing it.

That's great. Thanks. :D

I don't really care about double or triple posting in off topic. Its not like people can give out I'm post farming.

But I do like to make ninja edits as quick as I can if it means not making a new post.

Your welcome. I hope its of use to people :)

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Please state why your recommending each series :D

Also would you be interested in joining the club? :D

xGKrOua.gif

updated my post

i would love to join the club

updated my post

i would love to join the club

I'd love to join your cult club.

And I'd love to make a suggestion.

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta

http://myanimelist.net/anime/18497/Yozakura_Quartet:_Hana_no_Uta

Characters are awesome, kotohas power is probably the coolest thing ever. Great action and an good story.

Gotcha~!

Suggestions

I've listed a few of my favourites or ones I wish to watch / rewatch below.

Spoilers contain screenshots of faces/people so you can get an idea of the style. I've tried carefully to pick non spoiler related parts to capture.

Shin Seiki Evangerion || Neon Genesis Evangelion

This to me is a classic among mecha anime with an unusual story line for its time. I can't praise it much more as I haven't seen it in a couple of years and only remember large spoiler points.

MAL Synopsis

In the year 2015, the Angels, huge, tremendously powerful, alien war machines, appear in Tokyo for the second time. The only hope for Mankind's survival lies in the Evangelion, a humanoid fighting machine developed by NERV, a special United Nations agency. Capable of withstanding anything the Angels can dish out, the Evangelion's one drawback lies in the limited number of people able to pilot them. Only a handful of teenagers, all born fourteen years ago, nine months after the Angels first appeared, are able to interface with the Evangelion. One such teenager is Shinji Ikari, whose father heads the NERV team that developed and maintains the Evangelion. Thrust into a maelstrom of battle and events that he does not understand, Shinji is forced to plumb the depths of his own inner resources for the courage and strength to not only fight, but to survive, or risk losing everything. 

Screen Cap 

HYZbFzQ.png

-----------------------------

Clannad

This is a rather heartwarming romance anime, it is positive and much like my previous recommendation is cute and will keep you smiling and laughing all the way through.

MAL Synopsis

Okazaki Tomoya is a delinquent who finds life dull and believes he'll never amount to anything. Along with his friend Sunohara, he skips school and plans to waste his high school days away.

One day while walking to school, Tomoya passes a young girl muttering quietly to herself. Without warning she exclaims "Anpan!" (a popular Japanese food) which catches Tomoya's attention. He soon discovers the girl's name is Furukawa Nagisa and that she exclaims things she likes in order to motivate herself. Nagisa claims they are now friends, but Tomoya walks away passing the encounter off as nothing.

However, Tomoya finds he is noticing Nagisa more and more around school. Eventually he concedes and befriends her. Tomoya learns Nagisa has been held back a year due to a severe illness and that her dream is to revive the school's drama club. Claiming he has nothing better to do, he decides to help her achieve this goal along with the help of four other girls.

As Tomoya spends more time with the girls, he learns more about them and their problems. As he attempts to help each girl overcome her respective obstacle, he begins to realise life isn't as dull as he once thought.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/2167/Clannad

Screen Cap

99XPewL.png

Aoi Hana

This is very similar to Clannad and they both feature a similar romance plot line. But Aoi Hana takes its story much more seriously.

Its another slice of life anime which really isn't going to be for everyone, Two friends are reunited and help each other through lifes ups and downs.

I found this anime to be wonderful and it really opened my mind to some of the subjects explored within.

MAL Synopsis

In the original manga’s story, Fumi and Akira were close childhood friends until Fumi had to move away. Ten years after losing touch with each other, the two girls meet again as high school freshmen. The two struggle to reconnect after so much has changed, and both deal with the trials and tribulations of high school — sometimes independently and sometimes with each other’s help.

Screen Cap

GCFzsfq.png

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6164/Aoi_Hana

Monster (rather long)

A thought provoking Anime based on choices which aren't always black and white. To save a kid or someone of importance and the consequences that follow.

It makes you think how cruel donor lists can be and what can the choices we make lead to. How a man who dedicated his life to good now gets a hard look at the cruel darkness that surrounds our world.

MAL Synopsis 

Dr. Kenzo Tenma is a renowned young brain surgeon of Japanese descent working in Europe. Highly lauded by his peers as one of the great young minds that will revolutionize the field, he is blessed with a beautiful fiancé and is on the cusp of a high promotion in the hospital he works at. However, all of that is about to change with one critical decision that Dr. Tenma faces one night—whether to save the life of a young child or that of the town's mayor.

Screen Cap

YHGeHve.png

http://myanimelist.net/anime/19/Monster

Magi The Kingdom of Magic (recent)

I can't say much about this anime as I haven't had the chance to watch it.

But the MAL Synopsis caught my eye.

Aladdin, Alibaba, and Morgiana go their separate ways after spending time together in Sindria making new friends and preparing for what is coming. The story now begins to focus on Aladdin as he heads to Magnostadt in the hopes of learning how to become a truly powerful Magi.

No Screen Capture as I haven't seen it.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/18115/Magi:_The_Kingdom_of_Magic

Macross

I really don't know what to say about this show, Its one most people will have seen. Its a classic in Mecha. A solid story but I think the real highlight of the show to me is the itano circus. We've all seen a wild unrealistic barrage of missiles in our favourite mecha shows. Well you can thank this series right here. Honestly the Anime itself is pretty sweet.

If you don't know what the itano circus is

macrossf_07-02.jpg

MAL Synopsis

In 1999, an alien ship crashes on South Atalia Island and makes the human race aware of other life in space. Ten years later, the ship is reconstructed and christened as the SDF-1 Macross. However, on the day of its maiden voyage, an alien race called the Zentraedi make their appearance on Earth, beginning the UN Spacy/Zentraedi war that would change the history of both races forever. 

Screen Cap

uSIzpp4.png

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1088/Macross

Tenkuu no Escaflowne || The Vision of Escaflowne

The reason I recommend this Anime was because it was the first Anime I truly fell in love. The first one I ever went out an bought and the series in my film and tv collection I treasure above all else.

The show has a bit of everything really, a nice art style. Some loveable characters. Romance and personal conflict. One kickass soundtrack to top it all off

It asks how far should we go to protect our country, revenge our fallen and just how far man is willing to go to achieve ultimate power.

Again it wouldn't surprise me to know most people here have seen it but for those who never have you really need to give it a watch. My only complaint is it has a few weak parts which I can't explain due to how close to spoilers they come but overall the quality of the show is enough to make up for it.

I can't really give a proper explanation as to why I love this show as much as I do so I think its best if I just use the MAL Synopsis again.

High school student Hitomi is transported from Earth to the magical world of Gaea, where she meets boy prince Van Fanel, and is caught up in his quest to unite the countries of Gaea against the ominous Zaibach empire. On the way, she discovers an hidden ability and strives to unravel layers of mystery surrounding Van, his past, and the giant machine known as Escaflowne. 

Screen Capture

R4UEuUz.png

My favourite song from the soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSlNHi6wgQQ&channel=itsuki31

http://myanimelist.net/anime/182/Tenkuu_no_Escaflowne

Blood Lad

I just recently finished watching this anime, it had some hilarious scenes that made me laugh.

It walks a fine line between fan service and hentai almost parodying it but its too frequent to ignore.

Some of the characters are well clever and it was paced well enough to keep me interested. It is a short anime full of references to some of your favourite shows and was a nice relief from the sometimes serious nature of vampire shows like vampire princess miyu (another personal favourite of mine).

MAL Synopsis 

Staz is the vampire boss of a section of the demon world, but he has little interest in human blood. He's more infatuated with Japanese culture. When he learns that Yanagi Fuyumi, a Japanese teenage girl, accidentally wanders into the demon city, he jumps to the occasion. However, while Staz deals with an intruder on his turf, the oblivious Fuyumi is killed by a monster and becomes a wandering ghost. The disappointed Staz vows to her that he will find a way to bring Fuyumi back to life.

CmH6sqp.png

http://myanimelist.net/anime/11633/Blood_Lad

Finally finished, I don't think I've ever put so much effort into a post that doesn't have to do with a games balance. Going to watch some City Hunter <3

R9 7950x | RTX4090

-snip- Nevermind. I mistook one anime for another.

they all have similar names.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

they all have similar names.

This is why I always use the english version. I can remember it easier. 

† Christian Member †