Problem with Chassis fans.

Wrap your heads around this one mentlegen,

I recently switched to using SpeedFan to control my fans from the motherboard(M4A78-E) so I could silence my system a bit better. I got everything set up properly and checked and rechecked the settings, all the fans are controlled by SpeedFan. However, for some reason when I adjust the fan connected to chassis 2, the speed for chassis 1 goes down aswell. Any thoughts on a fix or why this is happening?

AMD FX-4100(Temporary), MSI 990FXA-GD65, 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3, MSI 7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC, MSI Radeon HD 5450, Asus Xonar DGX, M4 128GB SSD, 1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD, 250GB Hitachi HDD, CoolerMaster Silent Pro 700W PSU, CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Corsair H50

Both fans are connected to the same controller.

There's nothing to fix, it's how it's supposed to be, 2 plugs doesn't mean 2 different channels.

As mentioned before, If you have a splitter going from a connection to two fans then it will control both, If you have two separate connections I would check in the BIOS for fan control options and see if anything sticks out, or the settings in the software,

Nathan

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I don't think he uses a splitter, I think that the CHA_FAN1 and CHA_FAN2 are just using the same controller.

Yeah, it's just my crappy old motherboard. Wish I could control them independantly, my H50 pump is connected to one and an exhaust fan to another can't drop the exhaust low enough without th e pump shutting off. :/

AMD FX-4100(Temporary), MSI 990FXA-GD65, 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3, MSI 7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC, MSI Radeon HD 5450, Asus Xonar DGX, M4 128GB SSD, 1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD, 250GB Hitachi HDD, CoolerMaster Silent Pro 700W PSU, CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Corsair H50