Devil’s Canyon proves Intel doesn’t care about PC enthusiasts .

The "enthusiast" labeled chips have yet to be released, yet you are going to complain that you can't achieve enthusiast level performance???

Hmm I seem to have them looks at his X79 Deluxe and 4930K.

oh no need, just for me as i really dont care about DC :P im waiting for Hw-E anyway :)

Right on though I'd probably wait at least one more gen unless you have need an upgrade.

If they can't afford LGA2011, They should get AM3+. With a few exceptions, LGA115x is dumb.

If you can afford a 4770K/4790K you can likely afford to go 2011 unless your really cutting corners already.

Right on though I'd probably wait at least one more gen unless you have need an upgrade.

currently on nahalem at home, so i really need to upgrade xD SoonTM

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Yes its probably a good time for you then.

i was fine till now, will survive till september :) nahalem is still quite strong so im not getting any bottlenecks in games

Yes its probably a food time for you then.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

i was fine till now, will survive till september :) nahalem is still quite strong so im not getting any bottlenecks in games

Blame the auto correct on the phone.

I'll be sticking with my 4770k for another year or 2.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I think people had too high of expectations when they were looking at the Devil's Canyon chips. This isn't a brand new chip, it is just an improved design. Intel managed to get a more consistent overclock out of the 4790k than you would see from the 4770k. Some 4770k's will OC higher than DC, but overall DC will be on top and at a much cooler temperature. 

Yeah I went from the 920 to 4790k and haven't noticed a huge difference. Nahalem is a beast.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

At least Intel gives us Pentium G3258......

Devil's Canyon is a bit disappointed. Probably will wait for Broadwell or Skylake.

It is a dual core so who gives a ****!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Well, they locked all their CPUs bc someone could buy a cheap one and overtake the higher tier :P

RIP Celeron RIP Core 2 ;(

That was understandable when 2 cores was all that was needed, now that 4 cores is the "minimun" for AAA gaming, offering a pentium or an i3 unlocked will never have the same performance on the latest games.

unless its poorly threaded or old.

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

You mean the exact opposite. Because the 8320 has 8 cores, performance will scale with every passing year as developers release more multi-core games thanks to the next gen consoles both having 8 core AMD CPUs.

Your intel i7 will only beat the 8320 in legacy software that can't take advantage of multiple cores while on the other hand the 8320 will only perform better with each passing year and actually perform better in future software. You want future proof 8320, you want legacy 4770k. In either case your wasting nearly 200$ on that 4770K when you can get the 8320 for 200$ less.

Keep telling yourself that.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

You want future proof 8320, 

Then you come back to this thread after you futureproved it

Hmm I seem to have them looks at his X79 Deluxe and 4930K.

Really?? You have a Haswell-e chip??? Oh, wait, no you don't since they haven't been release yet. E =  Intel's Enthusiast label chips, not K. Also a 4930K is not even Haswell at all.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

It is a dual core so who gives a ****!

Anyone on a budget, especially budget gamers, or someone who has a programs that are highly single threaded or light threaded.

That was understandable when 2 cores was all that was needed, now that 4 cores is the "minimun" for AAA gaming, offering a pentium or an i3 unlocked will never have the same performance on the latest games.

unless its poorly threaded or old.

Look at the benches the Pentium it right up the doing fine and if its behind it isn't behind by much.

Really?? You have a Haswell-e chip??? Oh, wait, no you don't since they haven't been release yet. E = Intel's Enthusiast label chips, not K. Also a 4930K is not even Haswell at all.

Who said it has to be a has well e chip or haswell. That's one of the current enthusiast chips and if you needed a system now and couldn't wait a couple months its what I would recommend. Thats ivy bridge e so idk what your going on about there the chips themselves don't end in e they usually end in k or x, sometimes even nothing.

I am in the process of upgrading from an AMD Phenom II x4 820 to a 4790k. Im hoping to see a minor improvement. ;)

Cant comment on OCing yet, as the MoBo and CPU are still in the trunk of my car.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I do... for as much as it is a dual-core, most software is still not freaking optimized for more than that (unfortunately). I love the ideea and I hope I'm not the only one.  :mellow:

For me, considering that DC was just a refresh, my expectations were met; yet, I was very happy about the news of a Pentium Anniversary Edition, I mean it's a beast overclocker at a killer price. With this, Intel basically went at AMD again and was just like: "Waddup? You don't even rule at the budget end of the market now" (for as much as I wouldn't like it to be, this is the truth), even if their chip wasn't a fancy sudo octa-core.

Don't get me wrong: I'd never use it in my main personal rig, but I'm just happy it exists; it's another option when shopping, great for people like my cousin, who don't know a whole lot about hardware, don't really want to spend on a custom built PC, yet is a careless consumer and games/multitasks a bit.  :lol:

Eh seeing some really interesting numbers with this cpu.  BF4 loves more cores but even with just two cores with this cpu it is getting some pretty nice 1080p Ultra settings FPS ....

http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-pentium-g3258-dual-core-processor-gaming-performance_145873/9

Paired with just a GTX 670 it is getting those numbers in BF4.  This chip is pretty amazing.

but ....

What is an affordable board that people will be able to pair with it and get crazy oc #s?

PS: I have to take back my "Who cares" statement about this cpu.  I should have looked closer at this instead of spewing garbage.  

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I can definitely understand why some people are disappointed but this is why should should always take manufacturers' claims with a grain of salt.