LTT Forums CPU Overclocking Database!

Well, I was able to manage 4.5GHz on my 4670k with a borrowed video card and RAM. I tried to push higher, but the temps kept spiking above 95C.

It's probably best to hold off on any more tweaking until I've got the final parts for the build. That will give me time to debate the merits of a delid, and switching to an H220 so I can muffle the 290X with a waterblock.

I did it once when I helped my friend install his H80 we tested it on my e5520 and hit 4Ghz from the default clock of 2.27Ghz BCLK adjustments only 1.4V so I'll have to get more screens etc. when I get mine.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

What do you guys think the optimal duration of stability testing in Prime95 is? 

What do you guys think the optimal duration of stability testing in Prime95 is? 

At this point I prefer something like AIDA, however I'd argue 4-6 hours is fine, and 8+ means it should be stable 24/7

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

cpu-z doesn't work in linux what do i do

Good question, hmmm. My suggestion would be to open up whatever monitoring software you have, and screen cap that after a stress test. So if aida works with linux for example, or whatever you use to monitor temperatures and speeds in linux.

My first post here on LTT... YAY! :D

A few months ago I had finally got my 3570K to 4700 with the addition of an H110. Incredibly the GSkill Ares 1866 overclocked to 2400, in part thanks to some guy who posted some tweaks on OC.net which I had further tweaked. [Yeah I know, RAM speed yields little for overall performance but I still like the numbers and it doesn't hurt for all my video conversions B)] I'll try to post my prime95 and other results when I get time. Been oc'ing since the late 90s and building PCs since the late 80s (I'm a old-school tech LOL).

I love The WAN Show and have watched each and every one as well as countless NCIX and LTT videos. I'm sure a lot of hard work goes into their production as well as the maintenance of the forum here as well. I'm a little behind on The LAN Show so I'm gonna get back to it (Slick's bro is pretty cool; reminds me of me at that age). You guys are great and kudos to the moderators for all their time and effort.

My first post here on LTT... YAY! :D

A few months ago I had finally got my 3570K to 4700 with the addition of an H110. Incredibly the GSkill Ares 1866 overclocked to 2400, in part thanks to some guy who posted some tweaks on OC.net which I had further tweaked. [Yeah I know, RAM speed yields little for overall performance but I still like the numbers and it doesn't hurt for all my video conversions B)] I'll try to post my prime95 and other results when I get time. Been oc'ing since the late 90s and building PCs since the late 80s (I'm a old-school tech LOL).

I love The WAN Show and have watched each and every one as well as countless NCIX and LTT videos. I'm sure a lot of hard work goes into their production as well as the maintenance of the forum here as well. I'm a little behind on The LAN Show so I'm gonna get back to it (Slick's bro is pretty cool; reminds me of me at that age). You guys are great and kudos to the moderators for all their time and effort.

Welcome to the forums! Looking forward to your entry :)

I tested my 6350 for 1 Hour and 11 Minutes with Prime95. 5.02GHz on 1.536v. Form submitted.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

kinda random but i have a question

My Build>>

CPU: AMD FX-6200

GPU: AMD ATI radeon 5830 (sapphire)

Motherboard: Giagabye motherboard

RAM: 4Gb of 1866 ram

I'm looking to upgrade this Christmas what should i upgrade first?

i was thinking of getting a R9 280x this one to be exact: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202045

and im thinking of getting a CPU for my birthday  AMD FX-9350

kinda random but i have a question

My Build>>

CPU: AMD FX-6200

GPU: AMD ATI radeon 5830 (sapphire)

Motherboard: Giagabye motherboard

RAM: 4Gb of 1866 ram

I'm looking to upgrade this Christmas what should i upgrade first?

i was thinking of getting a R9 280x this one to be exact: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202045

and im thinking of getting a CPU for my birthday  AMD FX-9350

Totally the wrong section to post this in, but I'll be glad to help :)

The 280x upgrade is fine (I prefer the MSI design it's also 10 dollars cheaper atm, but that's all personal preference). 

If you can convince your parents, family, santa, or whoever a RAM upgrade would be nice also! 4GB is fairly low in my opinion, I'd look to upgrade that to 8GB (I use 16GB but that's because I render video and multitask A LOT).

For your CPU upgrade, if you wish to stay on the AM3+ socket, I would go with an 8350 and overclock it to ~4.4Ghz and call it a day. The 9350 (i just looked it up, THIS IS A THING????) Almost any 8350 SHOULD in theory be able to hit 4.4Ghz with relative ease, so don't purchase that. My 8350 is on 4.4Ghz with a stock cooler on 1.4 volts. 

To sum up that rant (tl:dr)

1. A 280x is a nice upgrade, you could also nab a 7970 if you want a better deal (literally the same card). 

My suggestion. A RAM upgrade would benefit your system!

2. Don't buy a 9350, just overclock an FX 8350 to 4.4 (the 9350 is an absolute waste)

I hope this helped you out! :)

been running this for a while

This is a CPU overclocking database bud, you're looking for the GPU one :P. But glad to hear that it's stable! :)

Hey im super new on here but I have a dinosaur computer here running win xp it has 1.5 gb ram mobile amd athlon 64 processor 3200+ 803mhz... now I dont no how to put up pics n stuff but id be glad to show you the inside and all but my real question is can I upgrade this also it is locked up on admin privaleges because the admin forgot his password and now the minor account can do basically nothing but browse the web im grateful for anyhelp thanks

Using Tapatalk

Hey im super new on here but I have a dinosaur computer here running win xp it has 1.5 gb ram mobile amd athlon 64 processor 3200+ 803mhz... now I dont no how to put up pics n stuff but id be glad to show you the inside and all but my real question is can I upgrade this also it is locked up on admin privaleges because the admin forgot his password and now the minor account can do basically nothing but browse the web im grateful for anyhelp thanks

I would try to build a cheaper new computer? Or picking up a cheap laptop, not a lot you can do with that admin issue without reinstalling windows i believe. 

I would try to build a cheaper new computer? Or picking up a cheap laptop, not a lot you can do with that admin issue without reinstalling windows i believe.

alright ill look into it thankyou... and about the admin stuff Ive tried so many things to try to even wipe the computer just to restart but nothings working any tips?

Using Tapatalk

alright ill look into it thankyou... and about the admin stuff Ive tried so many things to try to even wipe the computer just to restart but nothings working any tips?

Reformat the drive and reinstall windows. This should guide you through it!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/248980/how_to_format_your_hard_drive_in_windows.html

(This is totally the wrong place to post this btw :P)

Edit-

You're looking for the 

Formatting for a Fresh Windows Installation
Section of that guide.

Reformat the drive and reinstall windows. This should guide you through it!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/248980/how_to_format_your_hard_drive_in_windows.html

(This is totally the wrong place to post this btw :P)

Ahahah I heard that on the last one I posted on but everyone was meen and didnt help at all lol I just really needed help lol thankyou for your help though hahah ill give your idea a spin

Using Tapatalk

Running a 3570k @ 5Ghz on a 212 Evo :)

http://i.imgur.com/YgTPmH8.png

Pic of the rig :)

http://i.imgur.com/TN2Y0JJ.jpg

Please fill out the entry form! So you can be setup in the database :)

Linus. 

If you don't want to say "future proof," just say "It just may last a bit longer in the future depending on how things are going."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Example of "future proofing"

-A 5450/7750 will not run Battlefield 5 (or next bf game), most likely. 
-A Titan is likely to last longer for newer games, ignoring the price.

You can never tell what will be lunched in the future, software or hardware wise, there for their is no real future proofing, just hoping it will last your tastes longer.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

I had to post my badass Atom N270. At 2GHz, the network adapters stop working, and at 2.2 it shuts down. Personal experience. I love this thing so much. :wub:

http://valid.canardpc.com/2898834

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

On mine, I forgot to mention that it is verified 48+ hours stable, and the BIOS version is 0801, not 801.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

On mine, I forgot to mention that it is verified 48+ hours stable, and the BIOS version is 0801, not 801.

Unfortunately due to past conflicts I can no longer assume that to be true. So you would have to stress test it again if you want a higher 'trust' ranking. Sorry! :( But the bios bit I will change for you no problem! :)

Unfortunately due to past conflicts I can no longer assume that to be true. So you would have to stress test it again if you want a higher 'trust' ranking. Sorry! :( But the bios bit I will change for you no problem! :)

What should I try to get for proof? Cinebench or Prime95 or folding (since it will be beneficial for the team)? It will take awhile for it to complete one WU (about a week).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

What should I try to get for proof? Cinebench or Prime95 or folding (since it will be beneficial for the team)? It will take awhile for it to complete one WU (about a week).

You could run it through an aida stress test, prime it (make sure I can see the time started and I can see the windows clock to judge how much time has passed), folding isn't normally used as a stress testing tool, so I'd prefer you use something like aida or prime :). If it's truly 100% stable you can let it go while you sleep tonight, take a screencap in the morning and boom! Instant purple rank  :D