LTT Forums CPU Overclocking Database!

Yes I agree 100%. good job Melty.

You basically figured out a way to keep existing entries without deletion or upsetting anyone, and left it up to the user to provide there own form of validation.

Very well done I commend you on a good job.

I guess it would be nice to see the validated Overclocks in Green Vs Purple.

Green means go bro, dude wheres my car?

5 out of 82 entries  validated ( i still feel 8 hours is minimum absolute minimum). I hope users see the importance of providing validation for future entries.

I'm very glad that everyone seems to be okay with this solution :) And yea here's to hoping we have more lengthy stress tested entries in the future!

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

GIGABYTE G41MT S2PT

thats not a bad clock at all for such a low end board. i'll be looking to get a asus rampage to oc some p4 core 2 duo's and core 2 quad with to see if i can get another record.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Been stress testing my server to hell and back for the past couple of weeks as it has been seeming to be unstable. With half my RAM installed, it's been running Prime95 for a couple of days. When I get home I'll see if it's still alive and if it is, you may get the longest Prime95 run on here. Haha!

Been stress testing my server to hell and back for the past couple of weeks as it has been seeming to be unstable. With half my RAM installed, it's been running Prime95 for a couple of days. When I get home I'll see if it's still alive and if it is, you may get the longest Prime95 run on here. Haha!

Looking forward to it :)

Looking forward to it :)

Thanks for reminding me! Haha. I switched it off just after I got in the door (exactly 72 hours). Meant to put cpu-z, etc on a pen drive to take shots with everything.

Note: It's in safe mode just now as I get a BSOD when booting to Windows. Guessing it's a driver issue or something, but I don't really know or care as I'll be putting Windows 8 on it shortly. Just to see if I can survive with it! Haha

EDIT:

OK, got a few problems, CPU-Z doesn't seem to work right in safe mode, I didn't have any temperature programs and I have no idea what the voltage or temperature were during the session. Here's the screenshot for reference, though they shouldn't be valid for your DB. Also, every single program says 3.68GHz, but it's actually 3.84GHz. Something to do with the way that the 24th ratio works on 1366 locked CPUs.

post-10217-0-55220400-1377801492.png

Thanks for reminding me! Haha. I switched it off just after I got in the door (exactly 72 hours). Meant to put cpu-z, etc on a pen drive to take shots with everything.

Note: It's in safe mode just now as I get a BSOD when booting to Windows. Guessing it's a driver issue or something, but I don't really know or care as I'll be putting Windows 8 on it shortly. Just to see if I can survive with it! Haha

EDIT:

OK, got a few problems, CPU-Z doesn't seem to work right in safe mode, I didn't have any temperature programs and I have no idea what the voltage or temperature were during the session. Here's the screenshot for reference, though they shouldn't be valid for your DB. Also, every single program says 3.68GHz, but it's actually 3.84GHz. Something to do with the way that the 24th ratio works on 1366 locked CPUs.

thats what i call a rock solid stable Overclock!

try the xtu to see if it will display your cpu frequency more accurately

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-boards-software-extreme-tuning-utility.html

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-boards-software-extreme-tuning-utility.html

Cheers, I'll download that when I get home from work. I have Windows 8 ready to install so I will install that tonight, hopefully I'll be able to get drivers and such installed, make sure the computer is working, then try Intel's utility! EDIT: And get everything else set up to do a proper validation run.

Note: This is a rock solid stable OC as you say, but it's been unstable for the past year. I've diagnosed it as either the RAM or motherboard and I have an idea that it's the motherboard because I can't use any of the second trio of slots on their own. It's currently running with 6GB of RAM instead of the 12GB it usually has. I ran STOCK settings for CPU and RAM with all 12GB in and after 41 hours I got a BSOD. I left it on that long as two of my Minecraft (FTB Ultimate) worlds got wiped from it BSODing.

Can i still submit my OC even though i am using Offset mode on CPU core voltage, it si the only option i am getting. also apparently i can't turn off turbo boost in the BIOS, it just skips over that option when i scroll, can't even klik it. My mobo is Asrock Z77 Pro 3 (cheap and i am very disappointed because of the lack of options i get in the BIOS). Anyhow do you think i could submit with all this in mind, i managed to get 4.4Ghz with a core voltage of 1.189v (cpu-z), and my hottest core was 73C.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Can i still submit my OC even though i am using Offset mode on CPU core voltage, it si the only option i am getting. also apparently i can't turn off turbo boost in the BIOS, it just skips over that option when i scroll, can't even klik it. My mobo is Asrock Z77 Pro 3 (cheap and i am very disappointed because of the lack of options i get in the BIOS). Anyhow do you think i could submit with all this in mind, i managed to get 4.4Ghz with a core voltage of 1.189v (cpu-z), and my hottest core was 73C.

If its stable, and if you aren't submitting a turbo frequency (it shouldn't be at turbo when you're stressing all of your cores, so don't worry about that too much), then you should be just fine :). Just follow the guidelines in the OP when you submit your entry :)

Cheers, I'll download that when I get home from work. I have Windows 8 ready to install so I will install that tonight, hopefully I'll be able to get drivers and such installed, make sure the computer is working, then try Intel's utility! EDIT: And get everything else set up to do a proper validation run.

Note: This is a rock solid stable OC as you say, but it's been unstable for the past year. I've diagnosed it as either the RAM or motherboard and I have an idea that it's the motherboard because I can't use any of the second trio of slots on their own. It's currently running with 6GB of RAM instead of the 12GB it usually has. I ran STOCK settings for CPU and RAM with all 12GB in and after 41 hours I got a BSOD. I left it on that long as two of my Minecraft (FTB Ultimate) worlds got wiped from it BSODing.

Well, I think I've found the culprit. I ran my RAM in two sets of 3 sticks and the one set ran for 72 hours as you saw in my screenshot. The next one didn't so I did one stick from that set on it's own and that ran for a day or two just fine. Next stick in last night and computer was at log in screen this morning, no BSOD report so I ran Prime95 again and I've just come home from work and found errors on my screen so I think this stick is faulty and is the reason why my server is unstable at stock.

Also, interestingly, Windows 8 is showing my clock speed correctly unlike Windows 7. I thought it was maybe a BIOS issue or something, but it seems not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2BNmn8TYdE

Five out of my 6 DIMMs are good. So I have a stable system!

Here's the validation screenshot! (Note, in BIOS, the Vcore is set to 1.275V but in CPU-Z it shows up at 1.296V).

EDIT: File is not showing up! Here's a dropbox link, could you use some other link if possible as I don't really want this in my dropbox folder. Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wktolwxil3ap0l2/Validated%20Server%20Run.png

EDIT 2: Just realised I'd covered up the start time so you can't see how long it ran. I'm not entirely sure, but over 24 hours. Something like 40 hours probably, maybe 48. Also, I put 62C down as max temp even though CoreTemp is showing 75. That's because the room the computer was in was small and the door was shut. Went in there and it was ~35C in the room. Haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2BNmn8TYdE

Five out of my 6 DIMMs are good. So I have a stable system!

Here's the validation screenshot! (Note, in BIOS, the Vcore is set to 1.275V but in CPU-Z it shows up at 1.296V).

EDIT: File is not showing up! Here's a dropbox link, could you use some other link if possible as I don't really want this in my dropbox folder. Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wktolwxil3ap0l2/Validated%20Server%20Run.png

EDIT 2: Just realised I'd covered up the start time so you can't see how long it ran. I'm not entirely sure, but over 24 hours. Something like 40 hours probably, maybe 48. Also, I put 62C down as max temp even though CoreTemp is showing 75. That's because the room the computer was in was small and the door was shut. Went in there and it was ~35C in the room. Haha!

I'll take your word for it bud :P. You're validated :)

Think you meant an intel i7 though not an AMD i7 :P Fixed that for you ;)

I'll take your word for it bud :P. You're validated :)

Think you meant an intel i7 though not an AMD i7 :P Fixed that for you ;)

Hahaha! Did I seriously put AMD i7... Wow. Should maybe use the mouse and not the keyboard. I think I just used tab and the arrows to highlight it so it probably didn't work right. Either that or I did just fail. Haha.

Also, ran Prime95 again overnight with 5 DIMMs in just to make 100% sure and I can also tell you that the room being 35C made no difference to the actual temperature, interestingly. As far as I'm aware, this room hasn't been above 24-25C and the max temp on CoreTemp is showing 75C still. Seems weird, but whatever. Current temps are 67-69C in a room that's ~21C. So you can change it to whatever you take that as. Haha. If you'd like actual proof of time running and temps then I have another screenshot from just now. Just say if you want it.

Hahaha! Did I seriously put AMD i7... Wow. Should maybe use the mouse and not the keyboard. I think I just used tab and the arrows to highlight it so it probably didn't work right. Either that or I did just fail. Haha.

Also, ran Prime95 again overnight with 5 DIMMs in just to make 100% sure and I can also tell you that the room being 35C made no difference to the actual temperature, interestingly. As far as I'm aware, this room hasn't been above 24-25C and the max temp on CoreTemp is showing 75C still. Seems weird, but whatever. Current temps are 67-69C in a room that's ~21C. So you can change it to whatever you take that as. Haha. If you'd like actual proof of time running and temps then I have another screenshot from just now. Just say if you want it.

u84syH7.jpg

Nah its fine, you've tortured yourself enough :P

I love your name btw!

Wanted to add my own results but looking at how long I had to ran a stress test and get it stable for that long I just couldn't be bothered.

Here's an example just for fun ;)

You could submit it as is. You'd just get a red ranking, but that's all up to you :P

Wanted to add my own results but looking at how long I had to ran a stress test and get it stable for that long I just couldn't be bothered.

Here's an example just for fun ;)

Nice! I tried getting 5GHz on my 3930k, but I failed, even with 1.5V. I didn't really want to go above that. Did you change any more complicated settings?

Nice! I tried getting 5GHz on my 3930k, but I failed, even with 1.5V. I didn't really want to go above that. Did you change any more complicated settings?

Make sure to have sufficient cooling ofcourse set the loadline calibration a little higher and disable all the energy saving stuff like "eist, ce1" I got that result setting it to 1.49v

But every chip is different so you might not get the same results

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

OK I've finally been able to update my overclock on the list. A combination of lack of time and some issues with my RAM where preventing from finding the magic 4.0 again.

As you can see this time I've used the base clock to overclock it, in fact lowering the multiplier. This is because I was having trouble enabling any power saving stuff just doing a multiplier overclock.

To get this I used the DCOP memory settings in the BIOS to keep the memory timings in place while lowering its multiplier to the 1033 setting. Then using the base clock I brought it back up to the 1333 mark. Unfortunately when running at 250 on the base clock I found the CPU isn't stable at anything above 16x, this thing really doesn't like going over 4.0 but that was enough to get to the mark I wanted. To enable the power saving I used the offset mode from the ASUS automatic values. The +0.075V is possibly a little excessive, though its about the same as what I was using before. I'm sure I can bring it down a notch but I just wanted to get it though a stability test. The same with the bump to the CPU/NB voltage.

((Also I think you got a couple of digit's transposed on my record, 1.536V not 1.563! Though I'm not entirely confident in that reading since a fixed volts setting of 1.49 in the bios gives 1.536V in CPUZ...))

• 2 weeks later...

I am running 4.4 GHz @ 1.35 on my 4770K with 16GB of 2400MHz memory. It is stable (at least to my knowledge), but OCCT just stops and displays a message saying that the temperature max was reached (which is set to 90), when my max temps were around 80. This happens after about 4 minutes. Are there any other good ways of testing stability?

I am running 4.4 GHz @ 1.35 on my 4770K with 16GB of 2400MHz memory. It is stable (at least to my knowledge), but OCCT just stops and displays a message saying that the temperature max was reached (which is set to 90), when my max temps were around 80. This happens after about 4 minutes. Are there any other good ways of testing stability?

you can use AIDA64 :)

2650457.png

Did that last winter. I would really have to upgrade my cooling if I wanted to test temps now since it's 25-30 celsius where I live....

5Ghz :o! If you offered that on e-Bay you could get twice the price you paid for it :D.  What cooler do you use and what temps do you get at such speeds?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

What cooler do you use and what temps do you get at such speeds?

Antec Kühler H2O 920. I can't remember temps and I did not do that OC at normal room temperatures cause 920 can't handle 5GHz. Winters are very cold where I live so I can do stuff like that when winter comes ^^

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

got this cute little i5 nailed down. just submitted results. Thanks Melty

nerv.png

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King