LTT Forums CPU Overclocking Database!

just put in my new fx 6350 oc, and if you need to know my memory is running at 1760, and my cpu was stressed overnight last night with zero prime errors, but for the screenshot it was jsut running for a little bit to get my temps up.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

Duplicate threads merged .

There was another thread like this? Lol, what? :P. DB entries will be sorted tonight when I get home!

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

• 2 weeks later...

Just posting my SC so i can fill out the database.

post-4334-0-66074300-1373369438_thumb.pn

I would add more information, for example, RAM frequency and timings, Ram Voltage, CPU-NB Voltage, HT and NB frequency and voltages (for AMD example). For Intel equivalent settings.

Example:

RAM Freq, - 1333MHz 9-9-9-24 1T

RAM Volt. - 1.420v

CPU-NB Voltage. - NB-Proc. 1.111000v

HT freq - 1800MHz

NB freq - 1800MHz

HT, NB Volt - Auto

Also, max temperature depends on env. temperature. Or maybe that is too much information :P

I would add more information, for example, RAM frequency and timings, Ram Voltage, CPU-NB Voltage, HT and NB frequency and voltages (for AMD example). For Intel equivalent settings.

Example:

RAM Freq, - 1333MHz 9-9-9-24 1T

RAM Volt. - 1.420v

CPU-NB Voltage. - NB-Proc. 1.111000v

HT freq - 1800MHz

NB freq - 1800MHz

HT, NB Volt - Auto

Also, max temperature depends on env. temperature. Or maybe that is too much information :P

You see I did have factors like these in mind I was personally afraid that if i made the form to enter the DB to long and demanding of users, they would choose not to bother because it was too time consuming. This isn't necessarily designed to be an overclocking guide, this is just to show some realistic numbers to strive for.

Filled out the form, but didn't do the Cinebench test because the download is extremely slow (comparable to dial-up).

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Filled out the form, but didn't do the Cinebench test because the download is extremely slow (comparable to dial-up).

From the cinebench website? Really? Let me try. Problem is definitely on your end, i just got 600 KB/s for it.

From the cinebench website? Really? Let me try. Problem is definitely on your end, i just got 600 KB/s for it.

Strange, I'm getting about 30-60 Kb/s from their website, while speedtest shows 30Mbs down & 15MBs up.

Edited: Just tried a download of about the same size from downloads.com and got normal speeds, finished in about 30 seconds. Cinebench has been dling for several minutes and it's only at 19 mbs.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Strange, I'm getting about 30-60 Kb/s from their website, while speedtest shows 30Mbs down & 15MBs up.

Edited: Just tried a download of about the same size from downloads.com and got normal speeds, finished in about 30 seconds. Cinebench has been dling for several minutes and it's only at 19 mbs.

Very strange indeed  :ph34r:

I have made a benchmarking thread, which is different to this one (Includes 3 benchmarks)

I have added the CineBENCH scores from this threads doc to mine so if anyone else would like to share benchmarking scores jump right over :)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35986-ltt-benchmarking-thread-cinebench-unigine-heaven-3dmark11/

If i may suggest you something, what about a Delta Temperature entry? or a tab with the ambient temp. As i am stress testing it is 29.8c in my room, will result better statistics

Running: i7 4770k cooled by Swiftech H220 (Delided and Lapped) (5ghz+ capable) - MSI Z87 mPower MaX - 4x 4gb 2400mhz corsair vengeance cl10 - 660Ti Graphics in a Fractal R4

If i may suggest you something, what about a Delta Temperature entry? or a tab with the ambient temp. As i am stress testing it is 29.8c in my room, will result better statistics

Again this falls into past issues where I don't want the requirements to enter an entry into the database to be too difficult, or have too many requirements to be entered. I will consider it, as I have with all past ideas, and it may make it in as an optional tab of info to fill out.

Again this falls into past issues where I don't want the requirements to enter an entry into the database to be too difficult, or have too many requirements to be entered. I will consider it, as I have with all past ideas, and it may make it in as an optional tab of info to fill out.

Validation should be a requirement as i mentioned before

In my opinion all the DB entries as of right now are meaningless, i dont consider anything "stable" unless validated for at least 8 hours of stress test.

When i help an inexperienced user overclock, I always ask they post a valid screenshot showing 8 or more hours of stability.

It teaches them how to achieve stable results, when they understand stability, they are better prepped for the future and empowers them to help other users.

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

Validation should be a requirement as i mentioned before

In my opinion all the DB entries as of right now are meaningless, i dont consider anything "stable" unless validated for at least 8 hours of stress test.

When i help an inexperienced user overclock, I always ask they post a valid screenshot showing 8 or more hours of stability.

It teaches them how to achieve stable results, when they understand stability, they are better prepped for the future and empowers them to help other users.

As I've mentioned before, REPLICATING any settings from a DB is an AWFUL idea. All chips are going to achieve different speeds. This is to give users a speed to shoot for, as for the mandatory 8 hours, I could guarantee you the DB would be fourthed in entries (at least) if I made requirements take way too long. If i even were to change something like this, what would happen with the 70ish entries that are in the database already anyways? Do I just nuke it and start over? 

Edit-

Besides, the majority of the forum seems content with the DB at it's current state ATM. If more than 3 people or so complain about how the system is flawed (mind you that 45% entries are around 2ish+ hours anyways, OR have passed something like intel burn test, etc in the screen cap) then yes I would change it. I apologize if I came off aggressive before. Just kinda hurts to see people call my work meaningless  :mellow:

pm members with all current entries, i would be willing to help.

Heres an Example

Dear member,

We are implementing NEW requirements for the linus tech tips OCDB.

All posted overclocks Must be accompanied with a screenshot showing system stability for a minimum of 8 hours or more

qualified stability tests include

-intel extreme tuning utility

-aida64

-prime95

-occt

only the above stress tests can be submitted

please update your overclock submission by sept 1/ 2013 or your ocdb entry will be considered invalid and will be deleted.

thanks for your understanding

"Prokon"

so thats just an example, change the requirements as soon as possible so from here on out all submitted entries are good to go.

give people a couple months to update their entry or...bye bye.

like i said before as well, it would be sweet to make a couple benchmarks mandatory.

cinebench+ 3dmark06.

the goal is NOT to create a DB where you think you can copy setting for setting and achieve the same result. We all know there are way to many variables for that to ever happen. there is never any guarantees.

The goal is to have every entry validated for stability, that makes a stronger DB, in my opinion

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

pm members with all current entries, i would be willing to help.

Heres an Example

Dear member,

We are implementing NEW requirements for the linus tech tips OCDB.

All posted overclocks Must be accompanied with a screenshot showing system stability for a minimum of 8 hours or more

qualified stability tests include

-intel extreme tuning utility

-aida64

-prime95

-occt

only the above stress tests can be submitted

please update your overclock submission by sept 1/ 2013 or your ocdb entry will be considered invalid and will be deleted.

thanks for your understanding

"Prokon"

so thats just an example, change the requirements as soon as possible so from here on out all submitted entries are good to go.

give people a couple months to update their entry or...bye bye.

like i said before as well, it would be sweet to make a couple benchmarks mandatory.

cinebench+ 3dmark06.

the goal is NOT to create a DB where you think you can copy setting for setting and achieve the same result. We all know there are way to many variables for that to ever happen. there is never any guarantees.

The goal is to have every entry validated for stability, that makes a stronger DB, in my opinion

This is actually a good idea. I may go ahead and steal this one from you :P. This weekend I'll type up a mass pm, and edit the DB form requirements. 

This is actually a good idea. I may go ahead and steal this one from you :P. This weekend I'll type up a mass pm, and edit the DB form requirements. 

like i said, im willing to help if you want me too.

i like to be part of the solution, not just a barking dog lol.

the biggest problem right now is that there is a new generation of overclockers amongst us. Im 31 years old, been overclocking like a madman since consumers could even do such a thing.

I remember when a  200-400MHz Overclock  was a Big Big Deal, now i get that with a non overclockable chip lol.

i wish the dfi-street forum still existed. it was such a good place to learn. the admins and mods were hardcore overclockers and  all the requirements i mentioned were mandatory, taught me how to properly overclock, thats for sure, and with the benchmarks being mandatory, i always had a place i could confidently compare my results with other users , thats a strong DB

man your doing a great job

thanks for your time to maintain such a db

i never had any intention to discredit any of your hard work

the more you learn, the more you know, the less you need google.com

Will post my results on my Asus Maximus VI Extreme I7 4770k build some time this weekend once i get some time to have a play and settle it in.

Asus Maximus VI Extreme, I7 4770K, NZXT Kraken X60, Kingston HyperXBeast DDR-3 2400, Sapphire 6950, NZXT Phantom 820, SanDisk 120Gb Extreme x2 in Raid, 2Tb WD Green, SeaSonic X-850 Gold

Where and how do we post the results?

Intel 4770k : 4.6Ghz @1.285v | Asus Maximum VI Extreme | Asus GTX780 DCUii OC | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB @2400mhz| Corsair AX1200i |

Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | Random mix match 3.5" hard drives |  Asus PB278q

Cooling : EK Supremacy Plexi/Nickle | Swiftech MCP655 Laing D5 | XSPC RX360 | EK D5 X-TOP CSQ |

Woo, over a thousand views :)

I'm excited to see how many haswell entries we get!  :D

First run through at this 

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9vsJFi2SpbEdXAxRUdiaGN3WGM/edit?usp=sharing

Any feed back would be great, still waiting for new Ram to arrive so running my old DDR 3 from old build

Asus Maximus VI Extreme, I7 4770K, NZXT Kraken X60, Kingston HyperXBeast DDR-3 2400, Sapphire 6950, NZXT Phantom 820, SanDisk 120Gb Extreme x2 in Raid, 2Tb WD Green, SeaSonic X-850 Gold

Where and how do we post the results?

In the OP I have a link to the form so you can submit your entry. Do yourself a favor, being the DB is currently going under revision, make sure you submit your screenshot after 8 hours of prime, aida, intel burn test, etc running!

In the OP I have a link to the form so you can submit your entry. Do yourself a favor, being the DB is currently going under revision, make sure you submit your screenshot after 8 hours of prime, aida, intel burn test, etc running!

Intel extreme tuning utility?

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-boards-software-extreme-tuning-utility.html

not Intel burn test

I agree with ProKoN points, but i think it will hurt expanding of SB, besides, in most cases, users will not be able to replicate any settings from DB even if all components are the same. But they can use logic behind it, and use DB as reference point.

Also 8 hours of Prime95 is impossible for some users, in reality, if you are stable for 20 minutes, you will be stable for 8 hours, also, Prime95 (or any similar software) isn't the best way to test stability to it's finest. System stability also depends from other factors, OS for example, and how is configured.

I agree that is wide topic, but i don't agree that making 8 hours Prime as requirement is a good idea.