LTT Forums CPU Overclocking Database!

On 8/8/2020 at 4:39 AM, Hold-Ma-Beer said:

I also pushed mine from 3.9 to 4.0 GHz at 1.3875V. I am also changing the stock cooler with Deepcool Gammax GTE v2 and then will push the iGPU to 1650MHz. I've set the voltage to auto since my motherboard only gives option to offset which is really tricky. At auto, it gives 1.380-1.400V. :D

So, I just got it back up and running yesterday and I actually kept the multiplier at 40X but upped the Bus to 100.0625 and bumped the voltage down to 1.3875V as well, it runs pretty decent. Before the cooling upgrade I ran a Cinebench R20 test and hit 87°C and then ran it again afterwards and only hit 69.9°C (nice), So now I'm ready to hit it with more overclock.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz | GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1660 Ventus 6GB OC | PSU: Corsair CX750M Semi Modular 80+ Bronze | Storage: Kingston A400 480GB SSD and WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD

Comic Sans FTW.

I know originally your supposed to stress test this and such, but I am still learning how to do so using Prime95. This is stable though as far as I am concerned as Cinebench didn't crash it like the previous 10 attempts, and a few setups even had CPU-Z bench test crash it. so Here is my Ryzen 3 2200G overclocked to 4.163GHz @ 1.488V with the Bus speed at 100.8MHz. I still want to push it farther, so we will see...

2200G 4163MHz OC - CPUZ (CPU).png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz | GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1660 Ventus 6GB OC | PSU: Corsair CX750M Semi Modular 80+ Bronze | Storage: Kingston A400 480GB SSD and WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD

Comic Sans FTW.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2020 at 11:34 AM, DGBuildsPCs said:

1.488V

HOLY SHIT!! Be careful, AMD says to limit to 1.425v maximum.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 3:38 PM, HelpfulTechWizard said:

HOLY SHIT!! Be careful, AMD says to limit to 1.425v maximum.

The 2200G has been replaced now with a 3800X, so I don't know if I'll even overclock it, because it already is more than double the OC 2200G's performance. I may see what 1usmus's new tool can do for it though, maybe.

Comic Sans FTW.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest push.....hit 4.6ghz on a 3600 with just Hyper 212 and handful of 140mm case fans

Even with dropping the voltage on the B450 Gamer Plus to 1.4v (latest BIOS rev)

Sorry I missed the Prime95......stressed for less than an hour with Kombuster CPU burner

ryzen at 4600.jpg

Cbench.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is my old 970 Phenom II Zosma rig. Hands down the best CPU I've ever owned. 

1705T.jpg

After some further memory tweaking, I was eventually able to get sub 34 ns on memory latency...

Capture.png

Hardware and Overclocking Enthusiast

7 hours ago, Storm-Chaser said:

This is my old 970 Phenom II Zosma rig. Hands down the best CPU I've ever owned. 

After some further memory tweaking, I was eventually able to get sub 34 ns on memory latency...

Loved that platform.

Here, dig this. AMD Phenom II 980BE LN2 max clocks.

1586981909_980BELNclocks.thumb.png.c82221016cff78281114e8ad3149eafb.png

Same Cpu on ambient air, still holds 1st US PiMod 32M

823300.thumb.png.4171e1d22e129a5d69d6507266fb232c.png

Enjoy :)

• 2 months later...

The form isn't working, but here is my Ryzen 5 3600 overclock.

Screenshot_2.png

Most recent overclock - 

8700K LN2 - Probe temp -173c

Asus Maximus X Hero

G.Skill 2x8gb @ 4200mhz CL16

GTX 980 Stock cooling

Max validated frequency 6.1ghz 

https://valid.x86.fr/rm1xrd

Benchmark screen shots.

WPrime 32m 12 threads 2.465s

Cpu 5800mhz Mem 4200mhz CL16

Spoiler

2440368.thumb.png.1e54e90e39056f67d5492543b9b86fa8.png

Super Pimod 32m 6.1ghz @  3 cores.

Cpu 6100mhz Mem 4200mhz CL16

Spoiler

2440052.thumb.png.da8db4bcacb6fd0bff029d3ff2fd8349.png

On 1/6/2021 at 6:58 AM, OGKRG said:

The form isn't working, but here is my Ryzen 5 3600 overclock.

You'd think with all the people overclocking out there, this thread would be much more popular? !! :P 

Here's what I've been tinkering with lately. 

Socket A (462 pin) 

AMD Athlon 2800+ XP (Barton core)

Stock 2083mhz 12.5 x 166 2075mhz

OverClock Max 12 x 217 2610mhz

Corsair XMS Expert @ 210mhz CL2-2-2-5

01-04-2021

Spoiler

580233245_Athlon2800XPBartonCpuz.png.95887912c5a2e706a4486843693057c5.png

26 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

You'd think with all the people overclocking out there, this thread would be much more popular? !! :P 

Here's what I've been tinkering with lately. 

Socket A (462 pin) 

AMD Athlon 2800+ XP (Barton core)

Stock 2083mhz 12.5 x 166 2075mhz

OverClock Max 12 x 217 2610mhz

Corsair XMS Expert @ 210mhz CL2-2-2-5

01-04-2021

Reveal hidden contents

580233245_Athlon2800XPBartonCpuz.png.95887912c5a2e706a4486843693057c5.png

Holy shit that's old! DDR2 platform? I want to build a new rig strictly for OCing. 🤔 Was going to maybe get a Phenom II x4 965 or 975, always loved those chips, I had a 955 C2, and was brick walled @ 3.9GHz cause the C2 stepping sucked. Maybe recommend me a chip to OC, nothing crazy expensive as a challenge, I'll buy it, and see what I can do. This is what I am accomplishing right now on my Ryzen 5 3600. Lower voltage than my last OC at same clock speed. Maybe cause I am using AMD Overclocking menu in BIOS and not the dynamic voltage Aorus M menu, seems more stable so far with OCCT Linpack stress test. Really loving this stress test, seems reliable so far. Had a questions about TDC and EDC, are those limited by the MOBO? I know I asked before because if I go over 1.400v it's over 100% I will def upgrade my board to something more OC friendly in a month or so, I really like the AsRock and ASUS BIOS, something that isn't dynamic vcore, that has a straight forward OC atmosphere. + This Cool Master AIO really took my temps down 20c + and TIM is just one line of Master Gel Nano down the middle. I had issues with the brackets slipping off the screws, but I realized after reading another forum post that my AMD screws were in the Intel bracket bag, and vice versa. I might keep it at 4.4GHz, really want to get 4.5GHZ, but temps might be a little hard to tame, and also the TDC limit, but like you told me before over 100% doesn't matter right?

also, they never added me into the database yet lol, maybe a forum mod can do thing about it. 

Screenshot_1.png

7 hours ago, OGKRG said:

Holy shit that's old! DDR2 platform? I want to build a new rig strictly for OCing. 🤔 Was going to maybe get a Phenom II x4 965 or 975, always loved those chips, I had a 955 C2, and was brick walled @ 3.9GHz cause the C2 stepping sucked. Maybe recommend me a chip to OC, nothing crazy expensive as a challenge, I'll buy it, and see what I can do. This is what I am accomplishing right now on my Ryzen 5 3600. Lower voltage than my last OC at same clock speed. Maybe cause I am using AMD Overclocking menu in BIOS and not the dynamic voltage Aorus M menu, seems more stable so far with OCCT Linpack stress test. Really loving this stress test, seems reliable so far. Had a questions about TDC and EDC, are those limited by the MOBO? I know I asked before because if I go over 1.400v it's over 100% I will def upgrade my board to something more OC friendly in a month or so, I really like the AsRock and ASUS BIOS, something that isn't dynamic vcore, that has a straight forward OC atmosphere. + This Cool Master AIO really took my temps down 20c + and TIM is just one line of Master Gel Nano down the middle. I had issues with the brackets slipping off the screws, but I realized after reading another forum post that my AMD screws were in the Intel bracket bag, and vice versa. I might keep it at 4.4GHz, really want to get 4.5GHZ, but temps might be a little hard to tame, and also the TDC limit, but like you told me before over 100% doesn't matter right?

also, they never added me into the database yet lol, maybe a forum mod can do thing about it. 

No, That's socket A. DDR 1.

AM2 and AM3 platforms are good fun. Unlocker Phenom II Athlon chips and Phenom chips. They respond well to sub zero too.

Just go to PBO section and increase the TDC EDC and PPT limits. If Ryzen master wont let you, then yes a better board would help.

In example, my B450-I has a limit of 225a. But at defaults its limited to 90a. That's pretty normal design point at stock. The board is simply power limited. 

Think of it like increasing the power limit in MSI afterburner for your GPU. 

12 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

No, That's socket A. DDR 1.

AM2 and AM3 platforms are good fun. Unlocker Phenom II Athlon chips and Phenom chips. They respond well to sub zero too.

Just go to PBO section and increase the TDC EDC and PPT limits. If Ryzen master wont let you, then yes a better board would help.

In example, my B450-I has a limit of 225a. But at defaults its limited to 90a. That's pretty normal design point at stock. The board is simply power limited. 

Think of it like increasing the power limit in MSI afterburner for your GPU. 

When I set the limits to MOBO I get 114 TDC instead of 60A, def better. Should I just set it to motherboard limits? Idk what I would do for manual so.

C947A911-A8D8-4134-A880-853A0CE1603C.jpeg

EA67BF8C-B24D-43E2-98A5-918B9D515D43.jpeg

7 minutes ago, OGKRG said:

When I set the limits to MOBO I get 114 TDC instead of 60A, def better. Should I just set it to motherboard limits? Idk what I would do for manual so.

C947A911-A8D8-4134-A880-853A0CE1603C.jpeg

You can set it to the limit, but you'll never hit it. I set my 2700X to something like 110a (EDC) or there abouts. 

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

You can set it to the limit, but you'll never hit it. I set my 2700X to something like 110a (EDC) or there abouts. 

Okay cool, wondering if this will help with stability, giving the power draw some headroom. In my 10ish + years of OCing some of this stuff is super new to me lol, feel a little dumb about all of it, but it's super cool at the same time. Not trying to sound placebo also, but I think increasing pbo limits dropped my temps a little.

9 minutes ago, OGKRG said:

Okay cool, wondering if this will help with stability, giving the power draw some headroom. In my 10ish + years of OCing some of this stuff is super new to me lol, feel a little dumb about all of it, but it's super cool at the same time. Not trying to sound placebo also, but I think increasing pbo limits dropped my temps a little.

There's other settings I've seen as well.

SenseMi Offset to be one actually.

An earlier bios revision on my B450M-A with the 2700X (actually came in bundle) Had settings like FID and DID. Changing these values increased the OC incrementally. 

8 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

There's other settings I've seen as well.

SenseMi Offset to be one actually.

An earlier bios revision on my B450M-A with the 2700X (actually came in bundle) Had settings like FID and DID. Changing these values increased the OC incrementally. 

Jeez, that's insane. Could I PM you some screen shots of my BIOS, kind of curious on some further tweaking. Like I said before I think, I am using the AMD OCing Menu, not AORUS M one, or CBS. I am 30mins stable so far in OCCT Linpack 4.45GHz @ 1.400v. PBO limits def made a stability difference. 

4 minutes ago, OGKRG said:

Jeez, that's insane. Could I PM you some screen shots of my BIOS, kind of curious on some further tweaking. Like I said before I think, I am using the AMD OCing Menu, not AORUS M one, or CBS. I am 30mins stable so far in OCCT Linpack 4.45GHz @ 1.400v. PBO limits def made a stability difference. 

Well you could start a new thread. I think that would be practical. Other people may have some incite as well.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well you could start a new thread. I think that would be practical. Other people may have some incite as well.

Okay :) I just get paranoid, I made a couple threads, that mods shut down because it was considered "Status Update" worthy. 

1 minute ago, OGKRG said:

Okay :) I just get paranoid, I made a couple threads, that mods shut down because it was considered "Status Update" worthy. 

You're in the Cpu Mobo section. And it covers overclocking. Just put it here, it'll be fine. 

6 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

You're in the Cpu Mobo section. And it covers overclocking. Just put it here, it'll be fine. 

Okay cool, I'll make an informative post on my perspective with the AORUS M Bios, then lead into an open discussion on how to optimize the BIOS further for stability with OCing.

• 1 month later...

Long time no "C" guys.
Been really busy during my time away, here's something I did just the other day.
Catch me if you can..... 😁

Bones`s SuperPi - 1M score: 9sec 594ms with a FX-8320
1893504330_83201MSuperPISinglechannel.thumb.jpg.4de1a59e9754a93a2630ee9eb2c413a0.jpg

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

2 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Long time no "C" guys.
Been really busy during my time away, here's something I did just the other day.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!

THAT is THE fastest clockspeed during a benchmark run on the planet!!!

Nice job man! 🙂

3 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Long time no "C" guys.

1893504330_83201MSuperPISinglechannel.thumb.jpg.4de1a59e9754a93a2630ee9eb2c413a0.jpg

Waiwha? Isn't that a record? That damn Chip is magical! 

Have you been able to push it higher for non benchmark runs?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Haven't tried it yet, I do want to see how fast it can do a 32M PI run as well.
I'll be doing that shortly, probrably tomorrow if things work out to that end to find out. 

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.