LTT Forums CPU Overclocking Database!

I'll add another 6600K. No long stress test yet. I will try to do a long one later this evening.

CPU-Z validation http://valid.x86.fr/jz6bra

I think this is everything. I just grabbed it in the middle of a 5 minute test.

Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.4da72de63f7635861

Oh, and here is cinebench 15

Screenshot_1.jpg.8b963d437a5faeeb7c0de98

It is pretty amazing that people can actually clock the FX-8320 above her serialnumber. I am more into aircooling myself, it is more mainstream but the process looks to be almost as much fun as playing around in -150 degrees. Atleast it is comparable to mainstream computers, but still 8.5 Ghz, just wow.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their continued interest and support in this database! I'm crazy busy these days, but I make sure to hop on and edit entries as often as I can! PM me if you run into any issues or concerns, and overclock on! :)

Cheers,

MeltyMoon

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

First overclock with my FX 8350, it was really successful. 4.8Ghz @ 1.4V, 11 hour stress test with aida64, I did have to cut the task manager in the picture because I left it on the second monitor but should be fine; going to try pushing for 5Ghz.

Capture.JPG

On 3/5/2016 at 7:59 AM, Kolden said:

No 60C at max load and 28C idle.

I made it most of the way through the form, but I refuse to gamble my CPU's longevity on Microwave95, so I suppose that means no entry for me. Oops. My blend of testing:

3 hrs. of OCCT, large data set (per the creator's recommendation)

8 hours of abuse: RealBench x264 encode and heavy multitasking benchmarks in an infinite loop, Kombuster's furry PQTorus running in 720p with 8x MSAA, windowed, and iTunes playing in the background

4 hours of RealBench stress test

Only the four hours of RealBench were screencapped

My setup:

i7-4790K

MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition (BIOS rev. 10.6)

Cryorig H7

4.6 GHz, 1.205v (VCCIN manually set to 1.95v)

Highest core peak of 75C during 4-hour RealBench, 78C during OCCT (ambient temp range: 23-25C)

Cinebench score ranges from 914-934.

RealBench-20160308185854.png

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

hyper pi 4.9ghz.png

Cpu - i5 6600k 4.7ghz

Mobo - msi gaming pro

Memory - G Skill Ripjaws V f4 3000 c15 (14-15-15-35)

Gpu - msi gtx 760 gaming

Psu - cooler master real power 620m

Cpu Cooler - cooler master hyper 212 evo

Case - cooler master haf X

• 2 weeks later...

Not really an overclock as such. More going for a nice & steady 24/7 setting where I'm not using that many volts.

Voltage is set to Adaptive + with the volts manually set to 1.120v. CPU-Z is showing 1.127v at full load.

This as it shows had run in Prime95 for almost 4 hours while I was watching the F1. Then had to use computer.

I earlier had 1.125v in bios, with CPU-Z showing 1.132v running for almost 12hrs. So I dropped it down to 1.120v

1.110v crashed after 4hrs yesterday. I have had this stable at 4.9ghz. But will be trying for 5ghz or higher after I de-lid with Liquid Ultra

This is also set up to be super quiet, as you can tell the fans were only spinning at 975rpm front & 868rpm top. The CPU-OPT is on my Pump.

You can barely hear the PC running at all. Today while this was running was 32c with an inside temp of 26c

1.127%20Stable%20OC%20CPU.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Is the Database Spreadsheet down or is it just for me at Work?

• 2 weeks later...

Time to add my 3960X to the mix

took awhile to learn how the Bios settings worked on my board. I had been using the Intel presets and was boarder line stable at 4.3GHz, and solidly stable at 4.2GHz. Yesterday I finally found the blasted hidden menu after 4 months of looking, barely touched the VCore, and at 1.370V, it's stone cold stable at 4.5GHz with a max of 75C at full load and an idle of about 38C. I know I can get 4.6GHz without much more voltage I think, but 4.5GHz at 1.370V is incredible for a CPU that is notorious for needing much higher VCores to get past the 4.2GHz range. I'm happy at 4.5GHz for now.

EHqHoTP.png

5GQqnpr.jpg

T3HL2mU.jpg

FYI... my build log link to this PC is in my signature "[PC#1]" it's full of info and pics ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

• 1 month later...

Just got home and shut down the stress test so my room can cool. 

ss2016-05-26at08.39.04.jpg

Blarg

I'm looking for a reasonably priced CPU that with a moderate overclock will reach 4.0GHz, any suggestions please.  First time builder that isn't overly scared of used parts

7 hours ago, pjfanderson said:

I'm looking for a reasonably priced CPU that with a moderate overclock will reach 4.0GHz, any suggestions please.  First time builder that isn't overly scared of used parts

Old Xeons (Plus the 771>775 Sticker) would fit the bill.

Those CPU's go REAL cheap... (But Motherboards to OC them, may be pricey still)

You'd get a good kick watching some of these - https://www.youtube.com/user/bryaneasy/videos

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

smell of thermal paste in the air okay for benching a new cpu cooler? leave pc on for 6-7 hours in a closed room them start ocing lol, 4.5 semi stable 4.4 stable no voltage changes. hyper  212 evo one fan getting another on eventually. blue screen instants at 4.6 unless voltage change but its been so long I don't remember anymore lol.///

im sweating bullets and the temps of walking out the door of the room is a noticeable drop......

• 1 month later...

Just max validation (or as far as i'm willing to go XD)

lafszx.png http://valid.x86.fr/lafszx

lcmujb.png  http://valid.x86.fr/lcmujb

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

4.4GHz on a e5640, gonna try for 4.6 tomorrow :)

484949db1fa2975b0492529cd008c9225833182e_1_690x388.jpg

http://valid.x86.fr/vn5rns

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans

I get 43C at max running prime 95 for 4 hours on a x4 860k I want to overclock but don't want to void warranties I have A88X chipset on my mobo. Should I overclock and how should I go about doing it.

Bumped the cpu core clock up by .2 ghz and is raised the temp 20C didn't change the voltage now it is not performing as well. I think its faulty temp sensors on the motherboard. because the fans will randomly ramp up and the mobo underclocks the cpu yet it reads temps of 43C at max under load. but it will boot from a cold boot into 30C and be at 40C in under a second which isn't possible. Another thing is its water cooled and the cooler is tightened all the way it has a stopping point. but temps will shoot from 27C to 50C randomly and sometimes it'll go read 6 ghz on turbo boost when the turbo clock is 4ghz. I am probably never buying gigabyte or AMD again unless someone knows how to fix it.

did i just won the silicon lottery?

6600k stable a 4.5ghz with 1.200v cooled with h100i v2

stress tested with aida64 for 8 hours

stresstest0809.PNG

Ryzen  5 3600 | ASUS Strix B450i Strix | G-Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb 3200mhz

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb | NZXT H200i | NZXT x52 | Corsair RM650x

On 09/08/2016 at 7:11 AM, RyeIII said:

did i just won the silicon lottery?

6600k stable a 4.5ghz with 1.200v cooled with h100i v2

stress tested with aida64 for 8 hours

Not bad vcore for clock. 

What will it benchmark at 1.3V?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

17 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Not bad vcore for clock. 

What will it benchmark at 1.3V?

got to try that on weekend, but im happy with its performance for now.

Ryzen  5 3600 | ASUS Strix B450i Strix | G-Skill Trident Z RGB 16gb 3200mhz

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb | NZXT H200i | NZXT x52 | Corsair RM650x

• 2 weeks later...

i subbed a few none k skylakes :P all from the poo msi board as well.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Took me long enough but finally had a go with the 3770k. 

4.7 @1.385v. Not bad i think... it's reasonably cool too. Really tried going for 4.8 but at 1.45 volts it would BSOD after ~10 mins, oh well. (and it was too hot)

4.7 Ghz bench.JPG

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

1 hour ago, Nup said:

Took me long enough but finally had a go with the 3770k. 

4.7 @1.385v. Not bad i think... it's reasonably cool too. Really tried going for 4.8 but at 1.45 volts it would BSOD after ~10 mins, oh well. (and it was too hot)

Not too bad. Not overly fantastic either but 4.7GHz is great. 

What's your daily OC?

20 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Not too bad. Not overly fantastic either but 4.7GHz is great. 

What's your daily OC?

Yeah I'm happy enough it's stable at 4.7.

To be frank I was going to keep it at that, I know 1.3 and over is a lot for daily use. But hey, it's should hold together for another few years :P 

whats yours at? 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?