24" monitors with matte bezel and good image quality?

ConfusedDolphin

Willing to spend £150-£200 (preferably not so close to £200)

Was looking at a an Asus VN247H (but only has 2xHDMI and VGA :( ) for £170

Any relevant input would be greatly appreciated :)

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Primary use is gaming, watching some movies, general use etc. I don't need a 120Hz refresh rate monitor though, I care more about a good quality image.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Ok, how much do you use your monitor? A lot I would guess. 50£ for a better monitor is really nothing if you think about how long monitors last and how long you use them. I would definatly advise getting:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/24-dell-u2412m-ips-led-monitor-full-hd-dvi-displayport-vga-1920x1200-300cd-m2-10001-8ms-4xusb-hub

or

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/24-dell-p2412h-professional-led-monitor-vga-dvi-d-2-port-usb-20-hub-1920x1080-10001-250cd-m2-5ms

If you can't afford either right now, just save up for a month, it will mean you have a nicer monitor for a very long time.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

Also have a look at some BenQ monitors.

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

If you want better picture quality then if you spend closer to the 200 mark you could get an IPS panel because you said you don't need a 120hz refresh rate. Personally I have an ASUS PB238Q and around $210 US.

I have the Asus 242h which is a 23.6" and it is great, fits the budget, has hdmi dvi and vga for .4" smaller then a 24" you save alot of money and the picture is beutiful, very bright and excellent for gaming

I have the Asus 242h which is a 23.6" and it is great, fits the budget, has hdmi dvi and vga for .4" smaller then a 24" you save alot of money and the picture is beutiful, very bright and excellent for gaming
glossy :( , at the moment my top choice is now the ASUS VW248TLB. Probably quite similar to the VH242H

just with the matte bezel which is what i want :)

+ amazing avatar :)

Get the Dell U2412H. It will perfectly fits your needs. It's also 16:10 (so true 24inch), so that mean you have more work area (1920x1200, and not 1920x1080). The added height makes it idea to compensate the space taken by menus and task bar. Colors are really good out of the box, the stand is solid, Dell makes quality monitor and provide great warranty service (shipping is always paid both direction, and you always get to keep your monitor while they send you a replacement one). Dead pixel coverage is really good (6 or more). No zones, or distance policy to try and not cover you. 0 bright pixel warranty.

It is an IPS panel by LG (eIPS to be exact), which is very important with large displays, so that you perfectly see your screen no mater how you sit to position yourself. Colors won't shift. Everything is non-glossy, just the way you want. Moreover, beside the fact that it support VGA and DVI like any other monitor, it also features DisplayPort. Do you can plug your next laptop to it (assuming that laptop uses the latest technology, and uses DisplayPort instead of HDMI or VGA), or graphic card.

Also have a look at some BenQ monitors.

Yeah I was about to suggest them too :P

The BenQ GW2450 is a pretty nice 24" monitor. Here's a rather in depth look at it if you're interested: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_gw2450hm.htm

Out of all the things I could suggest, the best advice I think I can give you is to go down if you can to your local electronics store and have a look at them. Like audio, it's very difficult to make decisions based on specs and worded information; they're a visual thing so they should be looked at. Not read about..

During boxing week I recently picked up a BenQ bundle of RL2450HT.

So far they're GREAT! I honestly didn't even realize that it was a matt bezel until I opened the box and I was just blown away.

-Great colors

-VGA/DVI capable (I think hdmi too? i can't remember)

-24inches

-Colors and brightness customizability is awesome, you can configure to your personal needs

-Perfection stand, the swivle of the base with the customizable tilt on the screen lets you adjust to your hearts content

Great monitors for dual and triple monitor set ups.

Currently on sale at NCIX for $190 CAD

http://ncix.ca/products/?sku=66140&promoid=1224

Haven't had a chance to play with the black equalizer features, but overall I have no complaints with the product at all.

PS: I also mainly use this for gaming and movies so I can vouche that it does the job AND more