Razer screwing up their own customers in support?

Ralms
Go to solution Solved by Ralms,

Hi there,

to end all this movie lol, I reach out to you so anyone that reads this post in the future knows how it ended. Since I don't like to only talk bad of brands but just the truth. 

At June 20 I started talking to the normal support and today, 25 days later, after claims by Razer of system malfunction between other stuff, Razer finally came forth with their word. 

They claimed their warehouse of out of stock of Carcharias so they, as an exception, offered a promo code to use in their webstore which I accepted.

Today I finally received it.

Thank you guys for you all support in this extremely annoying situation.

Turns out Razer isnt that bad after all. 

Hi there everyone.

I really didn't want to bring this into the Internet but Im getting pretty desperate now. 

My adventure with Razer Support started when I sent a inquiry in their website. 

There you fill info about your product etc and I asked this:

"Hi there,

One of my speakers is slightly damaged and I wanted to replace it.
Do you guys sell the speakers for the Carcharias so I can replace it at home?

Even if its not the same ones, would be cool if they were compatible.

Thanks."

After a day I got a response from their support team, which I go in advance saying that it didnt went so well....

post-14342-0-25813700-1404481625_thumb.j

post-14342-0-38117500-1404481634_thumb.j

After that I was surprised to get an email from the RMA team implying that they would send a new headset.

post-14342-0-03824300-1404481265_thumb.j

I honestly are waiting for 8 days already and neither the RMA team or the normal Support Team is answering.

Is Razer screwing up their own customers intentionally?? 

Now I have a broken headset, with the cord cut making it useless and getting no reply from Razer what so ever.

Did any of you have similar experiences? 

I just dont know what to do now...

Edit: Why the hell does the forum resize the pictures??

post-14342-0-03824300-1404481265_thumb.j

post-14342-0-25813700-1404481625_thumb.j

post-14342-0-38117500-1404481634_thumb.j

Razer has ripped me once with the RMA thingy.. My mouse(Abyssus) wasnt working and i contacted them and they just refused to send me a new one or give it to them and then send it to me fixed.. It had 1 year warranty but they did nothing..

And because I really liked that mouse I bought a new one :/

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

Razer has ripped me once with the RMA thingy.. My mouse(Abyssus) wasnt working and i contacted them and they just refused to send me a new one or give it to them and then send it to me fixed.. It had 1 year warranty but they did nothing..

Well, with the amount of really good product out there, Im getting to the point where Im just not buying a Razer product again if this doesnt get solved soon.

The carcharias are nothing special at all and the Razer Mamba 2012 I have I really love its ergonomics but has SO MANY FLAWS, which for a 120€ mouse is pretty ridiculous.

My left button almost doesnt work (I know why, is from usage, but is not the button it self, is the shitty plastic they used that is getting rounded making the button shape). The wireless just sucks, the mouse locks a lot of the times making me have to turn it off and turn it on again or the base it self locks and I have to replug it. In the middle of a game that pretty much is the worst thing it can happen.

So if my favorite product from razer is not that great either and they screw up in customer support, bye bye razer.

I was grossed out when I had to pay $50+tax for shipping to razer's warehouse in california (way too far away) for a DOA mouse. I returned it and to this day I will never buy a razer product in fear of spending more than the product itself to get it fixed.

Thinking about it, it wouldn't be that much work for someone to solder the wires back together after cutting the cord to get a free headset.

Also, I recommend trying to escalate the situation and contacting consumer protection. There are laws in place in most parts of the world prohibiting manufacturers not fulfilling their promises and being unreasonable fulfilling warranty claims.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Keep spamming the support, thats bs

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

They are mostly full of shit .... I have a Black Widow Ultimate and I would have thought that getting replacement key caps would be easy ... no ... they just keep insisting that they are "Out of Stock" ... I even asked do they have the Mac Keys ... once again (Even though the sell Mac Keyboards) They said no and that I'd have to buy a new keyboard.

Thanks for supporting your consumers and products Razor. I am another person who will not purchase another Razor Product.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

All electronics sold in the EU have a 2 year warranty.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

All electronics sold in the EU have a 2 year warranty.

That can't be since in the box it said 1 year I'm pretty sure

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

That can't be since in the box it said 1 year I'm pretty sure

Is not what the box says, is what the law says. Every country in europe have a 2year warranty by law.

Is not what the box says, is what the law says. Every country in europe have a 2year warranty by law.

Didn't know that.. Well I'l use this advice next time I need it..

@MikeTz

"The seller is liable to the consumer for any lack of conformity which exists when the goods are delivered to the consumer and which arises within a period of two years from delivery. However, the lack of conformity cannot be accepted if, at the moment of conclusion of the contract of sale, the consumer knew or could not reasonably have been unaware of the lack of conformity."

Source :

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/consumers/protection_of_consumers/l32022_en.htm

Directive 99/44/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 May 1999 on certain aspects of the sale of consumer goods and associated guarantees.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

This sucks. All tech support, even for techie companies, like XFX and Razer sucks.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

best way to hurt companies is to make the problem public, go to their facebook page and post about your problem there, and post on any review website if u want as well.

if u want to go on more, u can email their support or sales from a different email and act like you are a potential buyer that happen to see your problem on the web and you are worried that thats how they the company handle costumers "link your problem ofc".

@Ralms, it does seem like you just got tricked into destroying your own headset. I personally would not have cut the cord and just sent the whole thing in or just taken a photo of the headphones without cutting the cord. I feel sorry for you mate. I think the jokes on you unfortunately. :(

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

@Ralms, it does seem like you just got tricked into destroying your own headset. I personally would not have cut the cord and just sent the whole thing in or just taken a photo of the headphones without cutting the cord. I feel sorry for you mate. I think the jokes on you unfortunately. :(

Yeah. Try to solder the connector back on and then try to send it back.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The main reason I did was due to time (I though) so it would be faster and convenience so I wouldnt need to be worrying about shipping and paying for it. 

I don't buy razer anymore because the quality is just not there anymore. I find their products are made out of worse and worse materials every generation.

Yeah. Try to solder the connector back on and then try to send it back.

They are not replying to me, that is the problem. 

The main reason I did was due to time (I though) so it would be faster and convenience so I wouldnt need to be worrying about shipping and paying for it. 

one more thing, next time u are ever in such a situation consider Photoshopping the photo.

He has it in writing from razer so they have to honour that.

Emails are at least in this case legally binding. Most cases actually 

Razer agreed to replace the product if he cut the cord he has proof of this. He would win any small claims case easily.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Lol, I just told Razer that my hydra cable did not work and they sent me a new free cable.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah well sometimes it pays to stop and think "Do I really wanna cut the cord of these? What if they're just messing with me?" before proceeding with it. But, like @terrytek suggested, you may be able to solder the connector back on. I have done things myself in the past without thinking aswell and have greatly regretted it. But you do learn from your mistakes...which is good at least. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Well, I haven't had any problems with razer........................................................yet. But this is total bullshit. I don't think i'll buy another razer product after seeing this. Pretty ironic I see this now becuase I just bought the new blackwidow ultimate 2014. No complaints so far.

I might be missing something, but why the FUCK would they require you having to cut your headphone wire?! And why the hell did you do it?