ASUS RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook & GIVEAWAY

Favourite thing is the looks and the ips panel.

My favourite thing was the viewing angles on the IPS display. Don't you hate having to tilt your notebook just to see what you're doing?

I like the IPS screen and quad core i7, but why isn't there an SSD? Anyway, it's a good laptop and best luck to everyone!

I like the screen and the aluminium body, and of course the signatures ;-)

Hey Linus,

I think that this laptop is going to be a bang for the buck if it comes at 1300 Dollars. I think that people especially with this laptop need to go and watch to other things then specs, Yes it only has 8GB of RAM making it less good for heavy workloads and yes you can't install an SSD making it 3 times as fast. But that's what you pay for if there was an SSD and 16GB of RAM in there it costed 1600 Dollars and it wasn't that atractive anymore :) Also Asus nailed it with those speakers because a lot of brands still put 2 little crappy speakers in there forcing the buyers to buy some better with the laptop. Also the overall design is great and i love to see a lit-up keyboard because of many laptops at this price point still don't have it :) My overall conclusion: Yes i would have loved an posibility for an SSD in there but the overall design, the price and the little details make it all good.

Greetings from Belgium, Cyronnic :)

P.S. Srry if I spelled some words wrong or if my gramatica was wrong I am still 15 let me learn how to talk English properly ;)

My favorite thing about it is the fitness , considering the power inside it.

I like the aluminium build and the IPS screen, as well as the backlit keyboard

I like the way the touchpad does not get effected by the palm... i hate that shit...(school pc)

I like that it's respectable performance, without looking overkill. And it isn't too big.

The ips display is a good feature because unlike a desktop its likely to be in some awkward viewing positions.

I like the aluminum build, gone will be the days of cheap plastic. The overall appeal is great, and the signatures are amazing! (would post to PCMR to reap all the Karma)

the red around the laptop. it looks awesome

I realy like like the keyboard and the I7 with 8GB ram combo.

My favourite thing about the ASUS RoG G550JK is the speaker setup including the external subwoofer.

The core i7. I'm going into film (Art Institute of Seattle, OR, simply travelling while making videos) and would LOVE a laptop besides my ghetto half-melted HP Dv7t-Quad Edition missing a keyboard and boasting a temperamental GPU to work with. It's borderline needed and I'm debating pulling out of savings to get a laptop since I've been doing so much freakin' running around lately, trying to get videos/music covered, and my 64gb flash drive and girlfriend's laptop are having a tough time keeping up.

Oh, and the signatures, like tons have already mentioned. LOVE THEM. Subscribed to (I think) all of the channels, or at least the "giants", and would love to have something from them.

Good luck everyone! Cheers.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

My favourite thing is that this laptop was on higher alfitude then i will ever be! (afraid of height)

My favourite thing about the G550JK is its design (looks great) :)

My favorite thing about the G550JK is the sexy, red and black aluminum design. However, those specs is the real star of the show. :)

1st post in linustechtips.. (LOL)

i guess my favorite from this laptop is have a subwoofer external..

because i have n46vz which from my opinion is look like g550..

but really the subwoofer external give extra sound which really make good sound(but i already test with my friend laptop lenovo with jbl sound still better lenovo than my asus)

Hello Linus! My favorite thing about the Asus Rog G550JK is that the aluminum finish and the red bevel! These two features really caught my eye! I also love matte displays and the G550 is perfect. It is a powerful laptop that suits my gaming needs! The red backlit keyboard is also very striking the clickpad is just nice for me :)

I really love a more entry-level gaming notebook, and this one comes just right. A bit better than the N-series counterpart. That IPS screen looks really nice plus the red LED keyboard, too. My 2-year old Acer laptop is going downhill so I really want a replacement, hope I'm lucky enough. Thanks to Linus and the others for this amazing giveaway :)

Spoiler

the best thing is obviously the story behind it