ASUS RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook & GIVEAWAY

My favourite thing about this laptop is the IPS display. IPS displays FTW!

"Cheap" + reasonable gaming power = good gaming laptop

And the IPS is nice too.

I love the aluminum build and the signatures! :)

All them famous people's quotes and signatures!!!! It's cool that the graphics switch  when your just browsing the web!

My favorite thing about the ASUS G550JK is the balance between looks and user optimized features (such as the wrist rests).

my favourite thing is price to performance for this laptop 

I really like looks of the laptop. And if the aluminium back cover is easy to clean it's perfect. My current laptop has soft touch plastic on the back of the screen and it's so hard to get fingerprints off from it.

My favorite part of the laptop, besides the signatures, is definitely the aesthetics and build quality- red-and-black is my favorite combination of color (as my avatar gives away) and it's pretty much impossible not to love the looks of the G550JK.

first things first... that laptop is in a record. :3

second thing is that the damn thing is fresh and so damn sexy

third is maybe a little selfish but i'm a computer engineering student and my current setup isn't caught up :( 

G o o d luck to everyone who entered :)

Best part is the clean industrial design and heeeeeeeey guys i'm on a mountain.

Well there are so many things I love about this notebook but mostly i'm interested in its amazing display...

I like the IPS screen!!! When I first purchased IPS screen, I never want to go back to anything else. Bravo Asus.

CPU: i5 4460 3.20Ghz GPU: MSI GTX750 1GB OC MB: Asus B85M-E RAM: Kingston HiperX 4GB 1600Mhz (2x) PSU: Cooler Master 500W B-series HDD: WD Blue 500GB + 250 WD Case: Raidmax Super Viper

http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2014/11/27/SW1.gif

My favorite thing about the ASUS G550JK is that pricless Linus signature on it! ;D

Although if we're talking the notebook in general and not this specific one that sexy red lining it has.

Wow,look at the amount of comments in this thread,much amaze.

Anyways my favorite thing about this is the fact that its a gaming notebook with a nice build quality which looks amazing btw.

To be honest I know there's a whole bunch of sweet things about this laptop. The core i7, the 8gb of RAM, the great speakers but my favorite part is one of the smallest things. My favorite part is the Red LED backlit keyboard. I know it sounds crazy and all but I've never really had a keyboard with much keystroke distance. It's been a bare to type on any laptop I've ever owned and I think with a keyboard like that it would be semi enjoyable (compared to typing on your usual PC keyboard) to type on.

My favorite thing about the ASUS ROG G550 JK is the sleek and high build quality. My current laptop is entirely plastic other than the internals and the hinge on the left side where the monitor connects is warping the plastic around it just from opening and closing it so much(for some reason the screw that should hold the plastic flush to the casing isn't gripping the threads enough and the plastic continues to bend unless I close the laptop lid). I think some of this has to do with the display port getting extremely hot when gaming and it is close to the hinge. It might have weakened the plastic so it resists being held down. It's really troublesome on my current laptop because I have no job,  my laptop fan is blaring loud so I can't take it to school, and I'm a huge PC gamer of new and old games. I don't have many games that my friends and I can play together on PC since they don't have good PC's but I still try to host a heavily modded Minecraft server and client on the same laptop since we live a couple states apart. It's laggy as heck but it is still fun. At least with any other decent laptop I could host on this PC and have a better cooling set up away from my lap and just use another laptop to play without it screwing over my framerate and making my laptop very close to overheating, though I would be giving this laptop to my brother who only has a desktop(but he keeps it at his mother in laws because he stays there during the week when he is on duty as a Marine since it is 2 hours closer to the base). He only gets to game a hour or two every weekend day so unhooking all of his PC and peripherals for a two hour journey doesn't seem worth it to him, and he doesn't exactly have a proper desk to set it up at either. This would make it much easier for us to LAN party and just so he has an easy on the go option so he doesn't have to worry about lugging around a desktop or not having a PC at all. 

I love the general build quality of this notebook.

I've seen it IRL at a store and it's really light and thin, but it's aluminium body and general sturdiness give it an amazing feeling when you have your hands on it. The black-red color scheme is gorgeous as well, I seriously haven't seen a more beautiful gaming notebook (especially with the sexy red line, and like Linus says it looks REALLY amazing IRL rather than in video). Performance wise it's quite fine and can run pretty much everything, maybe not max or very high, but that's ok.

If I had the money I would have went for it! A real dream machine, discreet, gorgeous and powerful :)