Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LinusTech

ASUS RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook & GIVEAWAY

The LED keyboard really sets it apart and makes it look HQ, specially since it fits so nicely into the overall ROG design

Love the design, the strong processor and graphics card for a laptop.The thing i like the most is the sonic master speakers and the Full HD IPS Panel because most of the laptop speaker are either lack of bass or too much treble and as for the display some laptop doesnt have wide viewing angle.Battery life is also acceptable for a strong cpu and strong graphics card laptop.Aluminum base hand rest is always the best to prevent cracks like on laptop that uses plastic hand rest when putting accidental pressure onto the hand rest when using on lap.

I like the power that it has compared to my laptop that is about the same size but has 1/3 the power.

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

I just love the overall aesthetic of it  e.g the red ascent stripe all around the casing, and the overall shape and size

I can see myself taking this everywhere with me (including on top of a mountain :D )

Great Review and I hope to see more of These soon  B)

I definitely love that the G550JK has an awesome speaker set-up and the display is a  full HD IPS panel,
this is a win for me since I do design work and I'm kind of an audiophile.

My favorite thing about it pertains to the giveaway model specifically: it was on a freaking mountain, setting a world record! 

i really like the red trim, even on camera it looks amazing.
Also, can you announce the winner at the END of the WAN show? I don't get home from work until the very very end of it, and would like t o be able to watch the reveal :3

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!