ASUS RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook & GIVEAWAY

I love the sleek design of this laptop, including the easy to clean brushed aluminum finish. The hardware seems good enough for a little gaming which is always a great thing too, also cool signatures by awesome tech people.

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1lEjDVK

Amazon: http://geni.us/1IQe

The G550JK is a well-balanced machine that strikes a solid balance between form factor, looks, performance, and cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJo6WNEkaf8

Alright, now onto the really good stuff. We have an ASUS G550JK (signed by some of the HighLANder attendees including Linus, Luke, Logan, and Austin) to give away to one lucky viewer! All you need to do to qualify is post your favourite thing about the G550JK from the review above in this thread and you can be selected at random to win this laptop!

Best of luck to everyone!

One entry per household.

The giveaway is worldwide and closes July 18th. The winner will be drawn LIVE on The WAN Show, so make sure you're watching at twitch.tv/linustech at 4:30pm Pacific on July 18th!

The thing I like the most about this notebook from the review is the sleek look of the Notebook that are both functional and very professional looking.

Just got to love the adjustable keyboard back light.

i like brushed aluminium, ips and the signatures on the back

I like the screen because you can use it outside and stile be able to see whats on the screen. 

My favorite part of the G550 is it's finish and the new GTX 850 card in it! 

what i like

- quit over load

- 4 speakers 

- looks

- red line/ black color scheme 

Don't Like

- battery life Dx

would love

- To get win the one you guys sing :D

love your review!!! 

I love the new screen maybe it's the video but it looks beautiful! 

I love how portable it is and how easy to clean it :))

a world record gaming notebook ? YES PLEASE :D

i like the balance between power and portability

What I like most in this laptop is solid build quality with the use of brushed aluminum.

Loved the notebook, the looks are amazing and the hardware is already way better than i have on my pc lol.
Another great video from the linus media group!

I really like that it has an IPS panel. I've been using a 2560x1440 IPS panel for gaming for quite a while, and I don't really understand why people think they're bad for gaming. The response time difference is completely unnoticeable when I compare it side-by-side to my  1920x1080 TN panel.

I've actually been waiting for this review for a while, not much has been out on this laptop and I'm glad you guys covered it! My favorite part of the laptop is the portability factor and the slight inward angle on the sides. How is the keyboard on this laptop?

personally i love the finish and look of the G550JK also I like the many connections and the back lit Keyboard.

Bapple \ '-' /

Personal Rig - FX 6300 ////// MSI R9 280 ////// ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ////// WD 1TB HDD ////// BitFenix NEOS Case ////// Corsair CX500M //////

Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L850D-12P ////// Tablet - Toshiba Excite ////// Mobile ​- OnePlus One //////

I enjoy looking at it, the red and black are not too flashy for my taste. And it is not too big

I have a G75VX and i'm happy with it so i'm already biased towards this.

The red accents are nice and the lighting is something worth showing off to friends at lan parties.

The aluminum armrest is beyond genius! No more worrying about cleaning and scraping off.

As a photographer i'm thinking the display will be optimal for field work.

All this aside though, i wouldn't go as far as to call this a "gaming" laptop. More like, casual games/office/trips - laptop. If it doesn't have an MX graphics chip inside it's bound to fail at running most newer games at pleasing levels of graphics and enough framerates. I'm saying this because i previously had the stupidity to buy a notebook with an M graphics chip inside, thing couldn't run even the most basic of games.

Anyway, i doubt i'll win, even if i do, i'm all the way from Europe so i guess i'm auto disqualified...

battery life sounds great

i'll go with that

having to carry a power cord on every short trip would be a bummerrrr.....

The aluminium is amazing. Also the IPS screen and the signatures. 

Favorite thing would probably be the signatures on the bottom, but in terms of specs, probably the battery life.