Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LinusTech

ASUS RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook & GIVEAWAY

I'm a fan of the IPS pannel; and all those tech signatures.

System CPU : I5 3570k @ 4.7Ghz Motherboard : Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 RAM 32 GB Vengence CL9 @ 1600 GPUs ASUS R9 290 DCUII & MSI TwinFrozr R9 290 in crossfire Corsair Air 540 Storage SSD1 Kingston V300 240GB SSD2 OCZ Agility 4 120GB PSU Coolermaster Smart Series SP-850 Out of date

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Never had a gaming laptop so its hard for me to compare and say what my favorite thing would be. It certainly looks nice just like everything from the RoG series does. Great screen and decent cooling at low noise levels is something i really appreciate and this seems to have all three.

Thank you for another giveaway!

1080p IPS laptop? gimme pls.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Honestly what interests me the most is being able to see a laptop that doesn't have terrible thermals and requires you to throttle it down else it just constantly is in a state of near meltdown, actually letting you use what you're paying for =/.

What i love about this laptop is it's appearance. Beautiful colour of matt black with red backlit. Would love to get one. :)

Decently cleanable brushed aluminum? Long battery life? HighLANder signatures? Overall appeal of the notebooks aesthetics? There are too many good things to choose from!!

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

I like the aesthetics.

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

The speakers and screen. I want a mobile machine to be good for content consumption as well as gaming.

Those signatures are a close second though.

Absolutely hoping to win this. CHEERS, LINUS!! My favourite part is the red lining across the body of it.

http://YouTube.com/5hadowCabal/

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | Motherboard: M5A97 LE R2.0 | GPU: SAPPHIRE HD7870 GHz Edition OC 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: Kingston 8GB HyperX Dual Channel |

Primary Storage: WD Caviar Green 1TB | PSU: SilverStone Strider Essential Series 600W SST-ST60F-ES | Casing: Cooler Master HAF 922

Probably the best thing about this laptop is the legacy that you guys left in it. Would love to own that thing. Second best will be the keyboard lighting looks so damn sexy!! Your fan from SEA Linus!!!

My favourite thing is that it played doom at the highest lan party in history.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.