Peewee.

ALXAndy

OK, so I've already proven I have a big purple monster (fnarrr lmao). Well here is the flip side, peewee.

Recently due to a huge piece of luck I've been able to throw caution to the wind and order my dream rig. Due to that I now have two rigs taking up space. Once is 670 SLI Westmere EP hex core, the other is my 5ghz 8320/7990 rig, the Dark Carnival.

One has to go. My lady has already pointed out that it's my nuts or the rigs... So I gave away the Alienware to her daughter. They're students, so can't game much due to the prices of console games.

Any way, all sorted. The thing is, when the Alienware is gone we have no media rig. So I decided to build me one. A few parts were left over from the TVR, some I have had to buy.

Spec.

AMD Athlon Kabini 5350. Remember this is a media PC.

MSI AM1i motherboard.

4gb 2133mhz memory.

GTX 480 Lightning. Now changed back to original fans, custom controller and red LED mod..

16gb Sandisk Cache drive.

320gb laptop drive for storage.

Sunbeam Rheobus fan controller, modded knobs.

XFX Pro series 750w PSU (got it cheap).

DSC09378_zpsc79eb676.jpg

DSC09376_zps00956f63.jpg

DSC09374_zps97d5726a.jpg

DSC09372_zpsba532c1d.jpg

DSC09405_zpsec8f156a.jpg

DSC09410_zpsb46dfe7d.jpg

DSC09412_zps8c0d1b12.jpg

OK so obviously she ain't terribly exciting. Fun, though. So no doubt I will torture it a bit and see what these cheap ass Kabinis can do with a decent GPU up their arse.

More soon :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

HOW CAN YOU ABANDON THE GREAT TVR SAGARIS!? For something like "that"?! I thought you were different Andy!

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I don't love the 250D !

I heard all this crap about Corsair making great quality cases. TBH? it's completely meh. Even the front panel is plastic with a sliver of alu on it. Getting the GPU in required serious origami and I nearly broke the PCIE socket.

Gotta say, they coulda had my money for a 900D but instead I got the Cosmos 2.... Maybe people just aren't used to Alienware cases, which are built like nuclear bunkers.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

OP your oldnew rig looks nice:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

• 4 weeks later...

OK so time I updated Peewee. I had a run of bad luck and the PSU I had did not fit. I tried to mod it to fit but the case is totally unforgiving. In the end I found this for £40 delivered. 750w Seasonic affair.

xfx-pro-750.jpg

And Peewee lives !

DSC09415.jpg

DSC09417.jpg

Sadly I've not had time to benchmark Peewee. It was straight in at the deep end because my step daughter came and wanted to use it. However, I know it runs FIFA 13 maxed out, as well as the SIMS 3, so basically it's a success :D

When I can find time I will put the Kabini under the microscope and see what sort of benchmarks it can take care of.

OK so time I updated Peewee. I had a run of bad luck and the PSU I had did not fit. I tried to mod it to fit but the case is totally unforgiving. In the end I found this for £40 delivered. 750w Seasonic affair.

*snip*

And Peewee lives !

*doublesnip*

Sadly I've not had time to benchmark Peewee. It was straight in at the deep end because my step daughter came and wanted to use it. However, I know it runs FIFA 13 maxed out, as well as the SIMS 3, so basically it's a success :D

When I can find time I will put the Kabini under the microscope and see what sort of benchmarks it can take care of.

Step daughter? woot :>, the Peewee looks fantastic that it can fit in there

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct