Enabling CPU Graphics Multi-Monitor for Quicksync in OBS.

Go to solution Solved by VhwatGoes,

Found it, hope you can get this working. QuickSync makes record videos so lag free too by the way. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7iUY5UJsLI

Success! That video helped.

I just needed to download the 'Intel Iris and HD Graphics Driver'. I also think changing the 'Internal Graphics' in the advanced BIOS from Auto --> Enabled was necessary.

B5cZQUL.png

gSjvbbT.png

Thanks again for the help!

I am trying to enable something like 'CPU Graphics Multi-Monitor' through in my BIOS, because I want to livestream using Intel's Quicksync with OBS.

I am following the instructions from this http://youtu.be/idhkZy-tMTU?t=1m59s by the LinusTechTips Youtube, except I am on a Gigabyte motherboard and I seem to be missing the option of 'CPU Graphics Multi-Monitor' in my BIOS.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H and I just updated the BIOS to the most recent F20e (6/1/2014). My CPU is a  i5-3570K and I already checked to see if it was capable of Quicksync.

The feature might be called something else, or it just isn't supported. Gigabyte's manual doesn't mention anything about it: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-z77x-ud3h_e.pdf

I have looked around but it doesn't seem like anybody else is having this issue. Am I missing something or is there another way I can enable this?

@VhwatGoes

It has to be somewhere in the advanced settings. Can you post a screenshot of what your BIOS looks like?

This is as advanced as the options get... 'System' is just a list of info and 'BIOS Features' is mostly boot options.

XmcbxCD.png

go to Peripherals

it will be listed there

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Everything under 'Peripherals'. Just say if you see anything that might be it.

r8Lcqyy.png

Continued:

JXGyGdT.png

@VhwatGoes Change Internal Graphics. Might want to bump up the graphics memory size to at least 256 so OBS doesn't chug your chip.

Init Display First, Internal Graphics and Internal Graphics Memory Size

switch from Auto to force enabled

what AlwaysFSX say

ninja by him lol

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

what AlwaysFSX say

ninja by him lol

I might need sleep but I still got it! A bit! xD

@VhwatGoes Change Internal Graphics. Might want to bump up the graphics memory size to at least 256 so OBS doesn't chug your chip.

After changing these it still does not show the right display: da741f30df.jpg

gSjvbbT.png

These are the options I was given for Init Display First, but I haven't touched them yet:

2oECoPU.png

I need some sleep soon as well :P

choose IGFX as first thing to boot

After changing these it still does not show the right display:

You now need to plug a video cable in to your mobo and then into your monitor. Go back to that window and enable the display through the integrated graphics. Unplug cable and you're good to go.

Nope.

Nope.

Hmm 

too much coffee xD 

I think I am high

Hmm 

too much coffee xD 

I think I am high

Better than feeling wide awake when you know you're not. I'm back to listening to Monstercat, catching up on the half a thousand songs I missed. :P

Yeah I lost my display for a few minutes and had to go back into the BIOS blind just to set that back to auto... oops :P

You now need to plug a video cable in to your mobo and then into your monitor. Go back to that window and enable the display through the integrated graphics. Unplug cable and you're good to go.

Alright well I'll try adding in a cable tomorrow, I am in need of some rest but I'll get on this first thing in the morning. Thanks for the help so far though, I appreciate it.

Yeah I lost my display for a few minutes and had to go back into the BIOS blind just to set that back to auto... oops :P

Alright well I'll try adding in a cable tomorrow, I am in need of some rest but I'll get on this first thing in the morning. Thanks for the help so far though, I appreciate it.

Alrighty. I probably won't be up in the next twelve hours to help you out with this in case something goes wrong. Going to find the video I used to help me with this before I head to sleep.

Found it, hope you can get this working. QuickSync makes record videos so lag free too by the way. :)

good job

now get to sleep SGT Keroro!!!

good job

now get to sleep SGT Keroro!!!

I might in a few hours. Only have to change a power steering line at 7.. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7iUY5UJsLI

I just needed to download the 'Intel Iris and HD Graphics Driver'. I also think changing the 'Internal Graphics' in the advanced BIOS from Auto --> Enabled was necessary.

B5cZQUL.png

gSjvbbT.png

Ooooh, forgot about the driver. :lol: Glad it works!