!Cheapest Microphone for Decent Audio on YouTube! (!PLEASE HELP!)

TTesla
Go to solution Solved by TTesla,

Yes.

Well there you go!

So you can't mount the snowball?

You can, its just like mounting a football to a stick :P

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Subscribing link I can see it a mile away. Bad attempt bro.

I am using a Blue Snowball myself, it works perfect.

Blue balls... I mean Blue Snowball.

The Behringer C1 is a great microphone too!!

$50 is not exactly expensive, there are some used ones for 39

How about the snowball ICE?

it's $10 less expensive!

is it worth it, or should I just pay the extra 10 for a far better value?

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

Normal snowball is better quality and better stand.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Normal snowball is better quality and better stand.

Worth the extra 10?

Worth the extra 10?

Yes.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Yes.

Well there you go!

$55 for an entry-level, studio-quality microphone is a steal.

The same mic cost nearly $100 in Canada. I had to settle for the iCE version, which is just as good as the regular. 

The only difference between the iCE and the regular is the 3 separate modes. iCE only includes the first. The second mode (-10dB) wasn't necessary and I didn't need the 360 mode either. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

$55 for an entry-level, studio-quality microphone is a steal.

The same mic cost nearly $100 in Canada. I had to settle for the iCE version, which is just as good as the regular. 

The only difference between the iCE and the regular is the 3 separate modes. iCE only includes the first. The second mode (-10dB) wasn't necessary and I didn't need the 360 mode either. 

The stand is also a lot more crappy I hear!

Also the general build quality.

Since they made it cheaper without changing the main recording mode (cardoid) they had to take the money from somewhere lol!

The stand is also a lot more crappy I hear!

Also the general build quality.

Since they made it cheaper without changing the main recording mode (cardoid) they had to take the money from somewhere lol!

Not a problem unless you plan on beating up the microphone. Mine's been sitting on my desk for over a year without being touched.

Don't think it's the build quality that's "worse" - the lack of omnidirectional recording alone would make it less expensive. The main shell is plastic, but it's good quality plastic. 

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Not a problem unless you plan on beating up the microphone. Mine's been sitting on my desk for over a year without being touched.

Good to hear :D

Since I live in the US the price difference is less then $10, so it is worth it for me to invest in higher build quality basically because I have younger siblings. (That's all there is to say about that LOL)

Since you're in the US, the obvious choice is the non-iCE, as it's worth the price. Comes in more colour options, too. 

I'm simply saying that the iCE isn't bad.

Since you're in the US, the obvious choice is the non-iCE, as it's worth the price. Comes in more colour options, too. 

I'm simply saying that the iCE isn't bad.

I agree, I even considered it a long time ago, but I wasn't into the whole youtube thing at the time!