The Shocking Orange - By Zombie Mods.

ALXAndy

OK so a slight change of plans. Instead of mounting the Android device in the front I did this.

DSC09534.jpg

And running..

DSC09536.jpg

Then for the GPU mid plate. First mark.

marked.jpg

Then cut.

cutout.jpg

And finally..

clear.jpg

Sadly I broke the corner off when drilling. Ah well, doesn't matter and tbh? I needed to do it any way to pass through the Android USB cable.

So here it is ready to bolt in.

made.jpg

And fitted.

fan.jpg

gpuside.jpg

Sadly I seem to have misplaced my 3 pin splitter so I need to buy some more.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

It's looking amazing wish I could do a build this extravagant

Aawwww yeah :) a little bit sad that there isn't a tablet in the front

No No No

Aawwww yeah :) a little bit sad that there isn't a tablet in the front

Don't sweat it man there's a 5" phone going in ;)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Don't sweat it man there's a 5" phone going in ;)

Can't wait to see what that looks like

Really liking how this is coming along man!  Any thoughts on switching the GeForce logos to purple to match the rest of the accents?  Actually, spraying the coolers black and switching the logo to purple would look ridiculously cool.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

I can't mod the coolers it would invalidate the warranty sadly. I have done a lot of research, but even changing the logo colour means taking the card apart and then sanding off the green.

I went with Palit cards because they are the cheapest. At £699 they were only £60 more than the 780ti Kingpin. I know the Tis would have been faster for brute force but I wanted the vram. I will have the last laugh when GTAV launches....

Plus I don't think it will be long before we're seeing 4k monitors for £250. Hannspree will no doubt pull out another corker, so as soon as that happens I'll jump aboard..

This isn't a purchase I will ever repeat, so I can't risk my warranties.

I can't mod the coolers it would invalidate the warranty sadly. I have done a lot of research, but even changing the logo colour means taking the card apart and then sanding off the green.

I went with Palit cards because they are the cheapest. At £699 they were only £60 more than the 780ti Kingpin. I know the Tis would have been faster for brute force but I wanted the vram. I will have the last laugh when GTAV launches....

Plus I don't think it will be long before we're seeing 4k monitors for £250. Hannspree will no doubt pull out another corker, so as soon as that happens I'll jump aboard..

This isn't a purchase I will ever repeat, so I can't risk my warranties.

Bawk bawk bawk...

In all seriousness I can understand where you're coming from, went with Gainward Titans in my own build for the same reason, although chucked them underwater anyway. The EVGA ones, although more expensive, aren't that much more, I seem to recall that their warranty still holds even if you remove the cooler. In which case you probably would have been safe to grab another cooler, and mod/paint that instead.

Waiting on affordable 4k too, not so much for gaming as productivity use. Decided I'm not going to spring for one until a decent IPS and 60Hz one pops up that doesn't cost the earth. The TN ones I've seen in person are pretty good, but at 27/28" IPS would be much better.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

I don't think 4K will have the 'extract the urine' prices that 1080p and 3D etc did. If monitor manufacturers want to keep telling us we need new kit then they need to start releasing it cheaper. I'm seeing an Acer? with Gsync already for £500, I don't think it'll be long before there are cheapies out there :)

You might be talking about the $500 Asus 1440p monitor, I haven't seen any 4k monitors that cheap, let alone with G-Sync

this looks awesome bro!  did you get some custom cable extensions or did you get them like that from EVGA?  Are you planning to watercool with a custom loop in the future?

How are the temps with that case?  I was going to buy the same one but went with the 900D for rad options and air movement.  Awesome looking build though!!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

You might be talking about the $500 Asus 1440p monitor, I haven't seen any 4k monitors that cheap, let alone with G-Sync

He meant this monitor http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-065-AC

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

I said £500, not $500.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-065-AC

this looks awesome bro!  did you get some custom cable extensions or did you get them like that from EVGA?  Are you planning to watercool with a custom loop in the future?

How are the temps with that case?  I was going to buy the same one but went with the 900D for rad options and air movement.  Awesome looking build though!!

The case is huge. Like, stupid huge. After the Corsair 250D I was put off of the 900D as I found the 250D to be a cheap case in disguise as an expensive one (slither of alu covering plastic, for example, steel body, not much better than any other case). Had I dumped the money on a 900D and found it to be more of the same (I suspect I would have) I'd have been disappointed. I've heard people making a fuss of Corsair cases over the years, but being an Alienware owner since 2006 I know what a solid well built case looks like. Mind you, if people rave on about Corsair cases so much it must show what crap we're used to.

I'm not going custom loop. The H110 is good enough for a 4.7ghz Prime stable overclock so I really can't be bothered dumping hundreds of pounds for 300mhz more. I guess it's just what you're into :) Me? I wanted every penny to go on performance, rather than a nice looking loop. Whenever I see people building high end water rigs the hardware is usually kinda meh. No offence, it's just as I say, I'd rather my money went on every single ounce of performance.

Like any big case the Cosmos 2 needs modding to add  more fans if you're sticking to AIO/air. I dread to think how bad it would be had I not modded in a few extra fans. I'm sure the GPU temps will come down too once I add the fan splitter and hook up the fan I just fitted in front of them. The case does have a fan mount there originally, but I found it ugly.

My bad about the monitor.

What if you took the tubes off the AIO and changed them to clear and added purple coolant?

The H110 is good enough for a 4.7ghz Prime stable overclock.

How many volts? I can't seem to get my 3930K past 4.50GHz! 

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Hawt

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

How many volts? I can't seem to get my 3930K past 4.50GHz! 

1.37 atm.

1.37 atm.

Hello after seeing yours i thought that having a tablet on the front was a marvellous idea so i was wondering what device you were using because i found this: [HIDE]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Blue-7-iRulu-Q8-A23-1-5GHz-Android-4-2-Dual-Core-Camera-Tablet-PC-WIFI-8GB-/111399641637?pt=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item19efefa225[/HIDE]

Steve

Yes that's pretty much the same one. The issue though is that the charging socket and usb socket (which it also charges through) are on the side. That means that there isn't enough room to fit the charger or usb cable in the 5.25" width.

I would look at other tablets, and look for one with the socket at the top. IIRC the Samsung galaxy 7" fits the bill and can be had for £65 or so refurb on Ebay atm. 

That's if you want it mounted in the PC of course. If you just wanted it to run Precision X then it would be fine :) Here is what I will be using now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SWEES-5-0-Dual-Core-Android-4-2-Mobile-Phone-Smartphone-Unlocked-Touch-White-/231099914083?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item35cea0d763

I just bought an Iphone 4, so now I can use the Swees to mount in the PC :)

Well ive got a galaxy tab 2 7" already but it sucks so i might get a new tablet and just use the galaxy. Thanks for the reply

Steve

Yeah the chinese tablets are built like crap, so modding them without damaging them proved too much for me. The connecting wires are like hairs, and the ribbons are piss weak too. It would be much easier to use a tablet with the socket at the top or bottom tbh. 

Yeah the chinese tablets are built like crap, so modding them without damaging them proved too much for me. The connecting wires are like hairs, and the ribbons are piss weak too. It would be much easier to use a tablet with the socket at the top or bottom tbh. 

And my galaxy has a crack on it... Well yeah... but you know as you do. I think its time to show off my amazing photoshop skills. What do you think of this concept. the resolution reminds me of my old xbox 360.

post-105690-0-28579600-1405425526.jpg

Steve