The Shocking Orange - By Zombie Mods.

ALXAndy

Damn, that was some hardcore bird dancing ;)

Getting all hot sweaty up here. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

OK so the Sesame Street word of today begins with F. It ends in K. It has UC in the middle. It rhymes with 'muck'.

1_zpsb00a3ee6.jpg

Game over man, game over. Basically I had to remove it to finish fit it. Sadly I was clumsy yesterday and I had fitted it too well just for a mock. As I peeled it away I heard a crack, that was it, digitizer gone :(

Any way, I pressed on a little bit down and now I have finished the GPU fan box. First up I wanted to make some graphics, so I found this pic.

skullhelmet_zpsf04dffcf.png

It carries on the theme from the front. Any way, after about 40 minutes here's what I gots.

2_zps72c8d594.jpg

TBH? that made me less sad about the phone idea. That area is now finished, and I really like how it came out. Here is a shot of the rig, I also found my camera so I was happy about that too :)

3_zps31a49228.jpg

Next up, two custom GPU back plates :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

you should make a motherboard io cover out of black acrylic so the silver chrome doesnt stand out so much..

love the skull graphic though it just works really well with the build especially the bullets on the motherboard

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

you should make a motherboard io cover out of black acrylic so the silver chrome doesnt stand out so much..

love the skull graphic though it just works really well with the build especially the bullets on the motherboard

Hmm not thought about that ! will definitely consider it. I have plenty of offcuts large enough to do it too. 

To come...

GPU back plates.

Corsair h110 pump cover.

Floor cover.

5.25 cover.

PSU cover.

Bit by bit :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Backplate time. Mark.

1_zpsac4e6ded.jpg

Cut.

2_zps8b26969b.jpg

Sand.

3_zps5018e9c2.jpg

Peel.

4_zpse030abef.jpg

Dinoc.

5_zps636c5c3e.jpg

Cover.

6_zpsb5ab8e62.jpg

Graphics.

7_zps3e1f28e9.jpg

One.

8_zpsac727b1d.jpg

Two..

9_zps42157e59.jpg

And fit.

10_zps709905d7.jpg

11_zpscd718b27.jpg

Total cost about £9 the pair.

but ... but i dont see any screws? WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

but ... but i dont see any screws? WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?

3M  double sided sticky foam. Screws are ugly.

BEAUTIFUL

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Those dom plats are looking a little lonely now. How about picking up a lightbar upgrade pack? You could then simply recolour the lightbars purple and have them fit in with the theme of the build?

YES, DO THIS NOW

And by now I mean whenever you get the chance

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

3M  double sided sticky foam. Screws are ugly.

Wow that's a really good idea, is it heat resistant enough?

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

Wow that's a really good idea, is it heat resistant enough?

yes mate but the trick is not to let it touch anything hot. I just cut very small pieces and put them on top of the screw heads. You don't need to go mad tbh, you're only holding them in place :) not like you're going to tip the rig upside down.

Maki - for sure. Saving for a holiday at the moment but that and a new chair (I want a Sparco) are on the shopping list :D

Crikey. So my lady saw what I was up to and asked if I would do a skull for her with a rose in its mouth.

Went into Photoshop and spent an hour or so drawing. I wanted a skull with a beret, she wanted it to have a rose.

First I cut the acrylic..

1_zpsd1fabd50.jpg

Note I've began the IO cover too. Any way, the graphic took me nearly two hours to cut. Never again !

2_zps4ac5ec1d.jpg

It was kinda worth it though. And with the panel fitted.

3_zpse49c2d24.jpg

OK so time for the IO cover.

First up I made the cover.

1_zps9dd85d18.jpg

Then design the graphics for it.

2_zpsb06095c0.png

Then create it.

3_zps6243b8db.jpg

Mask.

4_zpsff2f957a.jpg

And then fit.

5_zps3eeab038.jpg

6_zps5294a92d.jpg

what do you ouse for printing out the design?

*use. also that looks epic just wanted to say.

what do you ouse for printing out the design?

Create design in Photoshop. Create A4 sized page by using these dimensions...

A4 = 72 PPI. W = 595 pixels and H = 842 pixels.

Then put your image onto that layer and size the image to the size you want printed as a rectangle or square.

Print on regular paper, but, do it like this. (Take your original graphic, make a copy layer and then EDIT-TRANSFORM-FLIP HORIZONTALLY) So that you end up with two...

rough_zps8e7f058e.jpg

OK. Now roughly cut out the entire part of what I have numbered 2. Now you take this bit and you stick it (the mirror flipped one !) onto the back of  your vinyl. I sometimes use a glue stick (pritt stick if you're in the UK) or, sometimes double sided tape. Note that the tape does make it thicker though ! and that makes it harder to cut.

OK. Now lay number 1 down on the desk. That's where you are going to build your graphic...

Slowly cut it out, cutting out all of the parts in black.

Note - any area in white is waste, dispose of it...

Slowly cut each part (you need a quick brain for this, ideally you want to think up how you're going to attack it) out and then place the cut parts onto their correct place on image 1. I use the end of my scalpel to position them.. DO NOT breathe on it lmao it'll all go flying.

Once every part is laid onto picture 1 take some masking tape and carefully lay it over the graphic. Don't press down onto the paper template, just apply pressure to each part of your cut vinyl.

Then slowly remove the paper from underneath. Have some backing ready large enough to hold the graphic.. Remove the underside paper. Then remove all of the backing from your graphic. Make sure the top is completely masked as you see in my pics..

OK. When you're ready take your graphic, stick it where you want it. Rub it hard making sure you rubbed down every part of the graphic. Then, slowly remove the masking leaving your graphic permanently in position.

BTW it wasn't fitted correctly before. It got snagged on a fan wire.

fixed_zpsaa73ff90.jpg

That's it positioned correctly. Now you can see the entire graphic and nothing is hidden

Have you considered coloring the light bars on your dominator platinums?

Just speed read this.

And its amazing, glad you've done the GPU back plate, I thought of doing this but thought it would look tacky but glad I'm wrong.

That case seems amazing, wish I'd seen this before I brought my enthoo pro

Have you considered coloring the light bars on your dominator platinums?

Yup coming soon mate. Saving for a holiday at the moment...

Yup coming soon mate. Saving for a holiday at the moment...

Ah ok.

OK so money gone for the moment. I did order another sheet of acrylic though, this one is important. I also started work on the 5.25 area, stripping off the CM locks. I've also snapped off any metal remnants so I can make a cover panel.

Any way, today was a day of tweaking. I've already settled on an overclock of 4.7ghz, which apparently is very rare for SBE on standard cooling. So that I was very happy with.

Only thing was, when I overclocked my Titan Blacks using Precision X they just bombed. Not sure if it's an issue my end, or, if the cards had a borked bios on. Any way, I did some research and...

2_zps49f37710.jpg

So now they are EVGA Titan Black Signature editions lmao. They're completely bench stable, too !

OK so here's what I got up to today. First up I took apart the EVGA SLI bridge. I was faced with a 2mm plate of clear acrylic, so I just hit it a few times with the Sharpie, letting it dry between coats.

1_zps33211d9a.jpg

Simple, but very effective :)

And, a shot of the rig.

3_zps2f928e0e.jpg

I am quickly growing very bored of the stock hard drive part. Expect that to come apart soon..