The Shocking Orange - By Zombie Mods.

ALXAndy

No paint no. However I did buy some purple glitter vinyl so expect something :)

However It's already beautiful ;)

Another idea, only because I would do it if this rig was mine, is replacing H110 pipes (or tubes, i don't know the correct translation) with transparent one and replace the liquid with the purple UV sensible liquid and mount an UV led stripe.

Sorry for my crappy english.

Hydro Series HG10 N780 GPU Liquid Cooling Bracket should be avaliable from feb 2015 and i did find it on in a AU store...

http://www.techbuy.com.au/p/389208/COOLING_VGA_CHIPSET/Corsair/CB-9060002-WW.asp 

And damn M8 ya rigz looking awsome =D kinda jelly, keep up the good work

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

OK really good news. It seems my studying the parts for hours by staring at them made them all do exactly what I wanted them to do :D

So first up the grill.

DSC00439.jpg

Then eye it up...

DSC00440.jpg

OK now I know what bars I need to cut out. Tin snips !

DSC00441.jpg

Then file down the edges. Sadly I can't find the pot of black paint so they're going to have to be spray painted when the weather warms up. It's OK for now though, I don't even have the brackets yet.

DSC00442.jpg

And finally... Tadaaaaa !

DSC00444.jpg

It all went together exactly as I had envisioned it to ! massive sigh of relief.. Now it's literally ready to be bolted in. Well, once I braid the pump wires purple it will be ready :D

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

A full loop.

... - of AIOs. ;)

Rad bracket and rad stand = £20. Corsair H55 = £29 each, so £58.

Total so far = £78. Corsair NG10 N780 bracket will be £29.99 so let's say £60 so that's a grand total of  £138.

Custom loop with a dual rad would be double that and would perform right around the same. There's a big reason why people are slapping AIOs on their CPUs these days and that's because they perform very close to an actual water set up and cost about a quarter.

Only thing with AIOs is that they're not as pretty as a proper full loop. Well actually no, that depends on whether people use tubing or pipes (stiff acrylic, you know what I mean) personally I think hoses going all around the inside of a PC are just as unsightly as a couple of AIOs.

I've said it before dude and I'll say it again - I will always choose performance over looks. Bang for the buck rather than pretty coloured coolant.

I actually use my rig. I didn't build it to show off, nor does it look anywhere good enough because that was never the intention. I want raw performance and everything has a practical purpose.

See all those acrylic covers? when they get dusty all I need to do is moisten a cloth with some window cleaner and then just go around wiping it all down. They stop dust gathering.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Haha yeah. Been hanging around the GPU subforum asking when the Corsair N780 will be in!

Haha yeah. Been hanging around the GPU subforum asking when the Corsair N780 will be in!

Cool, I'm on there too but I was surprised to see it fill up with more fanboys than linus tech tips, trying to get my 100 posts so i can get free delivery but do it legitimately, always been a part of it i've just never posted there

• 4 weeks later...

Well apparently the G10 N780 ships at the end of March. Good thing I spent the last month in the Caribbean the wait would have killed me!

Update time. I am very impatient... Basically OCUK had a sale on today and the Kraken G10 was only £19.99. I also got free shipping, so my patience cracked I'm afraid.

So two of these should be here tomorrow or Monday..

NZXT_Kraken_G10_01.jpg

The only issue is that the Titan Black has 12 ram modules and would need 8 extra heatsinks to cover the VRMs too. So we're looking at 40 heatsinks :eek:

Good thing is that I saved £10 on each one by buying the Krakens at the cut down price, so that leaves me £20 to buy the sinks. Easily achievable, methinks. OK. So I also braided the pumps today too.

DSC00523.jpg

Which is nice. I won't do the fans because the wiring will be hidden any way. The only thing I have left to do now is cut off the two forward plates on the front of the radiator stand, paint it, then make a cover for the 120mm middle fan mount to stop any dust being thrown into the inside of the PC. Not hard to do, nor very time consuming so I really should get my ass in gear and get on with it :)

Due to the inflated prices of memory cooling modules in the UK I may have to order from HK which could hold me back a couple of weeks but I'm determined to do it on budget, and, more importantly, do it right.

More work done. What I'm trying to do here is make it look at least somewhat custom. Any one can just bolt a AIO onto a GPU....

So first up, tested the compass my lady bought for me.

DSC00536.jpg

Worked well :D

DSC00542.jpg

OK now for the center rad cover. Mark.

DSC00538.jpg

Mark the tube placement..

DSC00544.jpg

And cut.

DSC00545.jpg

Clean and peel.

DSC00546.jpg

And, with a little anti kink.

DSC00549.jpg

Got these today, expect heavy modding.

DSC00550.jpg

Also got this which will be the distro for all of the pump/fans.

DSC00541.jpg

And finally I braided all of the cable extensions.

DSC00539.jpg

More soon :)

Right. So today I ordered two all black 92mm fans. It's highly annoying that NZXT supply black and white fans with a black adapter. Very, very annoying but thankfully £4 for two Antecs will do.

OK so it's time to tackle the ugly adapter itself. Time to give it a bit of a custom shove ;)

Draw.

TB.png

Send to plotter.

tb.jpg

One.

DSC00551.jpg

Both.

DSC00553.jpg

And I'm a lot happier with them than I was an hour ago.

can wait for the final pictures of this build

There's just a lot of fiddly crap going on atm. I mounted the power distro a minute ago and routed the rad fans into it. The fans for the Krakens came today too. Nothing special, just all black 92mm without the annoying white bit.

I should theoretically be ready to offer it up to the case soon. Right now I'm not very well so I'm taking meds that make me clumsy so the last thing I want to be doing is killing anything :D

I nearly chopped through the fan wires earlier instead of the cable tie - that's how bad it is :D

Throughout the duration of this post the names will be changed to protect the innocent....

OK. So bad bad news I'm afraid. I finally got around to attempting to fit the water coolers but sadly the hoses were very short and the top GPU would not reach no matter what I tried. And believe me, I tried. Eight hours all told.

So that's out for the foreseeable.

So what next? well tbh? I'm growing very tired of the SHIT Corsair fans. They really are appalling. So what to do? well, I <3 DFI will not be finished now as I simply don't need another rig. My step son's rig went bang (big old Alienware I gave him) so I am going to set him up to use I <3 DFI as it stands with his GPU. So I have a pair of orange fans, lots of orange DINOC and a piss load of orange braid.

Here's the plan ! the rig will now be renamed Aquarian Orange.

Apparently the Aquarius's favourite colour is shocking orange. That explains it then ! OK, so here's the list of work to do.

Re-cover all purple panels - in progress.

Change out fans - in progress, see later in post.

Redo the IO cover neatly - done.

Re-cover the AIO pump -done.

All new logos and so forth, only this time using the plotter - in progress.

Fit a single 5.25" fan controller - ordered.

OK. So here are the new fans. First up the 120mm. Xigmatek. I know from experience they make awesome fans.

xigmatek_zpsncghf61p.jpg

140mm Cougar smoke fans.

cougar2_zpsc3xmxw86.jpg

Free fan guards

guard_zps1xothcci.jpg

Fan controller.

big-45_zpsj6gut10a.jpg

PSU cover

DSC00556_zpsydffzcou.jpg

/Cartman - Sweet !

And the rig at present. Please note, this is still very much a work in progress !!!!

DSC00557_zpsj009ngjb.jpg

OK. So you can see what I've done. Please also note, the remaining missing panels are covered and awaiting graphics TBC. 

So what else? well, as much as I love my Cherry keyboard I gotta say she's fucking ugly. So I've ordered one of these.

battlefield-4-razer-blackwidow-ultimate-

Which I got ridiculously cheap tbh. £34 for a £120 keyboard. I also bought this.

naga_zpsw6d2vm3k.jpg

More to come soon :D

Throughout the duration of this post the names will be changed to protect the innocent....

OK. So bad bad news I'm afraid. I finally got around to attempting to fit the water coolers but sadly the hoses were very short and the top GPU would not reach no matter what I tried. And believe me, I tried. Eight hours all told.

So that's out for the foreseeable.

So what next? well tbh? I'm growing very tired of the SHIT Corsair fans. They really are appalling. So what to do? well, I <3 DFI will not be finished now as I simply don't need another rig. My step son's rig went bang (big old Alienware I gave him) so I am going to set him up to use I <3 DFI as it stands with his GPU. So I have a pair of orange fans, lots of orange DINOC and a piss load of orange braid.

Here's the plan ! the rig will now be renamed Aquarian Orange.

Apparently the Aquarius's favourite colour is shocking orange. That explains it then ! OK, so here's the list of work to do.

Re-cover all purple panels - in progress.

Change out fans - in progress, see later in post.

Redo the IO cover neatly - done.

Re-cover the AIO pump -done.

All new logos and so forth, only this time using the plotter - in progress.

Fit a single 5.25" fan controller - ordered.

OK. So here are the new fans. First up the 120mm. Xigmatek. I know from experience they make awesome fans.

<snip>

This looks sick. Are you going to try to figure out the gpu cooling?

This looks sick. Are you going to try to figure out the gpu cooling?

TBH mate I am 99.9% full water loop now. Money isn't the issue, I just gotta get over my phobia of water and computers.

OK, so guess who managed to get hold of the actual Nvidia font? me ! cheers to Nvidia for this, it really helps.

So here is the top cover.

DSC00559_zpsp8vvwzgf.jpg

And tbh? this plotter has completely changed the rig. In a good way !

TBH mate I am 99.9% full water loop now. Money isn't the issue, I just gotta get over my phobia of water and computers.

OK, so guess who managed to get hold of the actual Nvidia font? me ! cheers to Nvidia for this, it really helps.

So here is the top cover.

<snip>

And tbh? this plotter has completely changed the rig. In a good way !

Awesome! I'm so excited. Will you water-cool the 770 too or just the titans?

770 is gone mate. I ran all of the tests and it performed worse in Physx than the second Titan.

So that's been sold now.

Oh. Did you ever post about it?

Anyways, I'm excited to see the (possible) water-cooling.

I didn't, no. :)

wow. Love the Orange 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

This is a very nice build! I love how you didn't like the idea of a custom loop at the start and now you are almost there haha. I've used the g10's before and they sag your GPU's a lot with the pumps on them. I also love your mofset fan design thats brilliant. Can't wait for updates!

Rigtho, last of the cover panels.

DSC00562_zpsuhh6cvyo.jpg

Now I just have to come up with an idea for the back plates :)

This is a very nice build! I love how you didn't like the idea of a custom loop at the start and now you are almost there haha. I've used the g10's before and they sag your GPU's a lot with the pumps on them. I also love your mofset fan design thats brilliant. Can't wait for updates!

I noticed that on the bottom card. TBH it was so bad I was super paranoid I had damaged one of the GPUs. Glad it went the way it did in the end :D