How much input lag is acceptable?

Go to solution Solved by Sauron,

Let's put it this way: if you do not earn money from gaming and don't take part into competitions, there's no reason for you to care. It will not affect your experience in a significant way, as in you won't feel "sluggish" while playing. There's a little delay, and it's noticeable if you pay attention, but it won't bother you much imo.

For me, 7ms is the limit.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Let's put it this way: if you do not earn money from gaming and don't take part into competitions, there's no reason for you to care. It will not affect your experience in a significant way, as in you won't feel "sluggish" while playing. There's a little delay, and it's noticeable if you pay attention, but it won't bother you much imo.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

• 7 months later...

I personally will not settle for more than 19 ms of input lag on any display that I do heavy gaming on. I used to be more concerned about it because I played Call Of Duty games quite frequently. Even though I no longer play competitive first person shooters as often as I used to I still prefer to have the lowest input lag possible because I notice the difference between higher and lower input lag even in single player non-competitive games. That's probably because I'm so used to playing on my 17 ms input lag monitor that I'm just used to having great response time between pressing a button on a controller and seeing the corresponding action within the game I'm playing. It affects my enjoyment of the game negatively if there is a greater than 17 ms response time present. I think it is a subjective thing though since it seems that everyone has a different sensitivity to visual effects like input lag and 3D and frame rate differences. So I can only speak for myself when I say I cannot enjoy a game as much with a greater than 17 ms input lag. I don't believe there will ever be total agreement by all gamers on what an acceptable amount of input lag is.

I can tell you that I used to play primarily on an LG HDTV with about 33 ms of input lag and comparing the delay of me pressing something on a controller and seeing the corresponding action in a game on that TV to the delay of my 17 ms input lag monitor, it was enough to make me never want to play any games on that TV again. In fact, I immediately sold that TV even though it was 32 inches and my low input lag monitor is only 24 inches. The gaming experience with 33 ms input lag was so bad in comparison to the 17 ms input lag that I would rather play on a much smaller display than accept the high input lag on a much larger display.