how fast can you type?

Frank Brown

lKg6xWB.png

Used to be 100+ a coule years ago when I was taking a required typing class in high school, but I've gotten lazy and make too many mistakes now.

My Rig: CPU: 3570k@4.4Ghz | GPU: XFX r9 270x | Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 | RAM: 16GB DDR3 2133 | Cooler: Hyper 212+

PSU: OCZ 700w | Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Z | Headphones: AD700 | Case: NZXT M59 | Monitor: 144hz 1080p

I'm using a crappy membrane keyboard and I'm sticking to that excuse...

1_wpm_score_AS.png
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Wow I suck...

I got 74 WPM, but for some reason it's not allowing me to embed images. It says you aren't allowed to use this file extension with both .PNG and .JPG files.

I'm usually somewhere around 75-80WPM, depending on the test.

1_wpm_score_CN.png

Not easy with using only 6 fingers > :(

Filco POWER!!

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

1_wpm_score_EB.png

Not a very reliable test though, on a real world scenario 120 is closer to my true speed

Ducky Shine 2, Red Switches

Red switches? I use them too, they are good for gaming but when it comes to typing...

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Red switches? I use them too, they are good for gaming but when it comes to typing...

Probably could have typed faster on blues for sure, but reds ain't all that bad, you guys make it sound as if it's worse than membranes :(

Probably could have typed faster on blues for sure, but reds ain't all that bad, you guys make it sound as if it's worse than membranes :(

They are awesome. I have a quickfire rapid that i'm typing on now and gaming is awesome. Typing just has a longer learning curve. When i first had this keyboard, I made so many typos it burnt my brain.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

1_wpm_score_AK.png

And that's on a really old, worn down rubber dome. Hope to be getting a nice mechanical soon though.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

They are awesome. I have a quickfire rapid that i'm typing on now and gaming is awesome. Typing just has a longer learning curve. When i first had this keyboard, I made so many typos it burnt my brain.

Yeah that's the main problem with reds >.>

So many typos! Until you start to get used to it you still get more errors than on a membrane

Yeah that's the main problem with reds >.>

So many typos! Until you start to get used to it you still get more errors than on a membrane

I'm still amking them :P <----- See! dammit. Happens a lot with random 'R's appearing around the place. How long have you been on reds for?

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

1_wpm_score_AQ.png

Hmm... I have a mech keyboard on order, wonder if it will go up after i get used to it

I'm still amking them :P <----- See! dammit. Happens a lot with random 'R's appearing around the place. How long have you been on reds for?

Around 5 months :)

First mech obtained at December 2012! Wanted browns at first but there was a global shortage of brown switches at the time and i can get mine for like $110USD from a warehouse sale, too good to pass up! Settled with reds in the end.

I call photoshop on the 2nd one wtf?

well if it is not it is very FAST!

well if it is not it is very FAST!

World record is like 175 WPM... You think someone can jump to 778? I call BS :D

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

Right now I'm getting about 59 WPM on my Model M, however it's 1:30 AM and freezing, so my hand's aren't warmed up (at least, that's my excuse). I've hit around 70WPM before in better conditions

Wit is educated insolence.

First attempt:
1_wpm_score_BU.png

Tried few times after that and it's the same at:
1_wpm_score_BO.png

Then I calmed myself and felt the Force....
1_wpm_score_BX.png

1_wpm_score_CE.png

Using a crappy membrane keyboard that is several years old.