how fast can you type?

Frank Brown

http://10fastfingers.com/speedtests/generate_screenshot_result/85_445_0_0_78_4_83.7_1114_6834

I am not allowed to use that image extension. 

Whatever, have the link! 

The problem is that the mx black switches trigger even if i just accidently slightly hit them. I really like them for gaming though

I don't know how it is even possible unless you have 500g fingers but good luck using reds lol.

1_wpm_score_CF.png
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Had no clue this is around how fast I type, I'm using a Cooler Master Quickfire TK with blue switches. 

i5 3570K • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP • 2x Asus GTX 670 SLI • Asus Sabertooth z77 • Asus PCE-AC66 • Crucial M4 256GB • Corsair AX 850 • Sound Blaster Xz • Fractal Define R4 • Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 • Dell U2713HM • Sennheiser RS 180 • Fanatec Porsche GT2 Wheel • Clubsport Pedals

I got 46 WPM last time I took a test...

I don't know how it is even possible unless you have 500g fingers but good luck using reds lol.

The blacks are the linear ones ;) 

The blacks are the linear ones ;)

I know. Peripherals are my most visited section. Blacks require a whopping 60g of force to actuate and it's commonly chosen as a gaming switch as it is not only responsive but has the advantage over Reds that you will not accidentally depress any keys (Reds are really light at 45g actuation force, i use them) so i don't see how you get so many errors on Blacks unless your fingers weigh half a pound each :P

54 wpm with this £5 keyboard with a broke space bar that you have to hit exactly in the middle or it doesn't register: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/bcl-slimline-black-gaming-keyboard-with-interchangeable-wasd-and-cursor-keys-water-drain

ill have to try again when I have my new mechanical keyboard and I wont have any excuses lol

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

44 wpm. Are there any programs to help you improve typing speeds that make it fun or can be done while doing other random stuff on your PC ?

I got this with my IBM Model M

I'm not the best, but I think I'm still good :P

hDAhr6r.png

Old shit no one cares about but me.

1_wpm_score_BI.png

2nd1_wpm_score_BN.png

Mom's 1_wpm_score_BV.png

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

• 2 weeks later...

What is your typing speed in WPM?

My typing speed is :

Cherry mx blue:http://10fastfingers.com/speedtests/generate_screenshot_result/76_397_0_0_72_3_88.25_7483_63702

Membrane: http://10fastfingers.com/speedtests/generate_screenshot_result/69_349_0_0_64_1_84.31_10085_64276

Am i below average? above average? or average?

Some don't like 10 fast fingers because it doesn't have punctuation. This gives a more accurate typing speed when chatting to friends since you won't be typing nearly as fast when you are writing a report.I like 10 fast fingers because it is just random words which prevents your brain from automatically assuming the next word the same way an anti joke works.

http://www.10fastfingers.com/

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

I average about 30 WPM on that website with my crappy laptop keyboard. (I don't know how to properly type  :lol:)

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

I don't know mine, but SLOW would be my guess :P

BTW: you should probably edit the last link to be correct ;)

haha nice pickup on that one ;). Just try it out. i feel that i am typing slow but i want to know if actually average

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Windows 8 64bit

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

haha nice pickup on that one ;). Just try it out. i feel that i am typing slow but i want to know if actually average

The site tells you that your faster than 85% of users, so that should give you an indication of your speed ;)

I Got 38, but I deffos don't like this test, the basis of how fast you can type shouldn't be measured on random words as we can type a lot faster then that with proper sentence structuring.

ALso the mind blocking randomness legit fuddles up my mind lol

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Haha, haven't done this in a while, here's mine (91 WPM).

I did do it blindly, but I gotta admit that my technique is not the 100% clean 10 finger

system; I often type "y" with my left hand, depending on how my hands are positioned at

the moment, and the division of labor between my right ring finger and my right small

finger is not exactly according to standards either. But it seems to work well enough. :)

Keyboard is a QPAD MK85 with Cherry blues.

The site tells you that your faster than 85% of users, so that should give you an indication of your speed ;)

Exactly. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Haha, haven't done this in a while, here's mine (91 WPM).

I did do it blindly, but I gotta admit that my technique is not the 100% clean 10 finger

system; I often type "y" with my left hand, depending on how my hands are positioned at

the moment, and the division of labor between my right ring finger and my right small

finger is not exactly according to standards either. But it seems to work well enough. :)

Keyboard is a QPAD MK85 with Cherry blues.

Exactly. :)

What do you mean blindly? as in not looking at the keyboard? isn't that standard practice? i have been doing that since the age of 10

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Windows 8 64bit

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

I got 48 on 10fastfingers.com but for those of you who want to try it using an actual sentence with punctuation, try this http://app.typrx.com/. It gives you real sentences and quotes from people. I got 43 on that so not that much of a change.

it diffeerentiates between languages i type, i'd say mid range...

i have my own type style

I finally got rid of my crap ass HP Compaq 8000 Elite !    :D