LG G3 Review and.... TWENTY-FIVE Phone Giveaway?!

Hi Linus!

My favorite things from the video of the LG G3 are the tiny bezels and the QHD Display that makes the phone look very sleek.

Also the level of customization in the OS looks very cool.

what i like about the LG G3 is the IR Blaster and the back button. it make's the phone almost no bezel..

The large screen and thin bezel are the best things about this phone...

My favorite part of the phone is the replaceable battery.

Undoubtedly the "duel-screen" feature is my favorite. I'm often watching a how-to videos and wish i could take notes on the phone as well. I would use the heck out of that particular feature!

My favorite thing about the G3 is the whole package ;)

i like the simple look of the interface, and like the rear buttons

however, don't like the speaker position

My favorite feature about G3 is the ultra thin bezel around the screen of the phone.

I love the screen

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

I will go with the design, amazing clean front and that back =O. The 1440p also closes the deal.

The things that i love about the G3 are, the back buttons, the laser autofocus(photographer here) and the UI, i think its the most close we can get to stock android without buying a nexus, a One+ One or installing cyanogenmod

NCIX: n/a

Amazon: http://georiot.co/30oN

The G3 from LG is the first phone I've used with a 2560x1440 display. That's a lotta pixels! Not to mention the rest of the top-of-the-range specs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPRdr_PpnbY

Alright, now onto the good stuff. LG is giving us TWENTY FIVE G3's to give away! All you need to do to qualify is post your favourite thing about the G3 from the review above in this thread and you can be selected at random to win one of these phones!

Please note that they are retail units (in the video I said pre-production, but this has since been changed) and they are Korean unlocked global units, so you will need to verify if they will work correctly on your carrier! To my knowledge they will work on AT&T or T-Mobile, but I got no data - only get voice and SMS on my carrier (Bell) so YMMV.

Either way you can still enter to win one, and you an always use it as a portable gaming device or whatever... I mean, it's a G3 man! The wifi will work! Best of luck to everyone!

One entry per household.

The giveaway is worldwide and closes July 6th and the winners will be announced on Twitter, so make sure you're following @LinusTech!

The Screen Resolution ;)

I'd say that my favorite thing about it is the UI. I'm used to the stock Android experience on my Nexus 4 that I've been using since release, and I'd like to give something else a try. The crazy detailed settings would give me plenty of things to fool around with.

Linus mentioned a 3000mAh battery so would liketo see how well that does when takin into account the main feature (imo) the 2560*1440 screen. I think my favourite part would be the backbuttons because they're "new" and innovative. Props to LG for sending freaking 25 devices!

The overall design is a great step in the right direction for Android manufacturers. Going from my HTC One to an iPhone 5 made it really hard to go back, and being able to move to a phone with comparable design would be enough to bring me back for a bit.

I love the full cabinet list of customize options that you can do on the phone; something that I do a lot on my nexus device. Also, I would love to use a 1440p phone with an awesome "laser" focus camera! :3

My favorite thing about the phone would probably be the shear level of customization possibilities when it comes to tweaking the user experience. Definitely substantially more tweaking than in iOS.

The Workstation – Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 WS | CPU: Intel i7-4930k @ 4GHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked | RAM: 32GB G.Skill RipjawsX 1600MHz | Storage: 250GB Samsung EVO SSD, 3TB WD Green  | PSU: Corsair AX760i

The Server – Motherboard: ASUS M4A78LT-M | CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240 @ 3.0GHz | RAM: 4GB 1333MHz | Case: Silverstone PS08

The iMac – CPU: Intel i7-2600 @ 3.5GHz | GPU: Radeon HD 6970M 2GB | RAM: 16GB 1600MHz | Storage: Hitachi 2TB 7200RPM

dat camera laser though....

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

There's a lot I like about this phone, but one thing I noticed was the UI, like the customizable soft buttons. My previous smartphone had a dedicated settings button, I'm still getting used to not having that anymore on my newer phone. Being able to hide them when not in use to get the full screen sounds great too. All of its customizability was great, really.

My favorite thing about this phone is it's newer than mine and isn't an iphone

What I like most about the G3 is probably the massive screen and its stuning resolution. I mean I can already barely see any pixels on 1080p screens at 5"... but 1440 at 5.5" is really impressive!

My favorite feature is the IR interface. Makes great for a universal remote with all my home theater equipment.