Just bought myself a sun microsystem's storedge 3510

dylandylandylan

Now what the hell should I do with it?

I bought it mostly because of the drives, and as you guys know, I love older tech :P

From what I can gather it can only talk to solaris systems which is unfortunate .. or means I just need to buy a solaris server with FC :P

6iusky.jpg

I've got a video of it on my channel if you wanna check it out too, it's a freakin' beasssst! 55KG D:

#!

I wish I wish I wish.

You could find a datasheet for it and look how it should be hooked up, maybe there is an option to run it as an ethernet NAS, though i doubt that.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

I wish I wish I wish.

You could find a datasheet for it and look how it should be hooked up, maybe there is an option to run it as an ethernet NAS, though i doubt that.

It's a fiber connection, and I have no way of hooking it up as of yet :(

#!

Is the ethernet port there a normal port or a serial wired one ?

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

It's a normal one, but I have no idea what the I.P. address would be, or the password for it, and won't be able to figure it out without a terminal machine I don't think

#!

It's a normal one, but I have no idea what the I.P. address would be, or the password for it, and won't be able to figure it out without a terminal machine I don't think

you can always scan common IP ranges

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

use this link to download a a nice scanning tool, https://mega.co.nz/#F!xZpQgDBQ!DQqppjnDAtBnyX4aW5_azw

just get the 32 or 64 bit version depending on you system, then you can fill in the ranges on the top.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<