Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cartdog

The Silent One - Restarted project [WIP]

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys, names cartdog...pleasures all mine. I've been on the linus forums a few months, haven't posted anything of my own just a few comments. I use to be right into tech forums etc, but got a little disillusioned on another forum so have since stopped wasting my time posting....perhaps LTTF will be different?

Anyway abit about myself I guess...maybe? If your bored already, by all means skip down. Been building PC's on and off for about 12yrs? Build my first water-cooled pc around 7yrs or more ago. The most exciting part about PC custom building for me, is all the glittery boxes you get at the door delivered by Postman Pat and his dog.....well not really but a postman does generally drop them off.

I stopped custom building/upgrading about 4 years ago, I just got sick of chasing the newest tech you know...but it appears its happened again to me anyway...meh. Ok well that's enough, down to my system specs and a few pics.

HARDWARE

Intel 3930K

Gigabyte UP4

Corsair dominator platinum 2133mhz 16gb (will add another 16gb)

Evga GTX680 FTW x 2

Silverstone TJ11

Silverstone Strider 1000w

Intel 520 60gb SSD's RAID 0

Raptor 300Gbs HDD storage

WATERCOOL

Koolance PMP 450S pump

Primochill Tubing

EK-FC GTX680 FTW waterblocks

EK-SUPREMECY 2011

EK Indigo Extreme 2011 TIM

EK 45 & 90 degree fittings (1/4")

EK compression fittings

EK 360 XT & 240 XT radiators in push/pull

EK X-RES 3 and pump housing with 200mm res

Bitspower 1/4" fittings...too many to count

Fluid-XP coolant (only received 1 bottle of 2 I ordered and the bottle I did received had some kinda growth in it...was gross, so I wont be using Fluid-XP..ill have to find another white coolant from somewhere)

ACCESORIES

Bitfenix Alchemy total PSU sleeved cables (ie: 24pin, 8pin etc etc)

Bitfenix Spectre Pro 120mm x 6

Noiseblocker E-LOOP 120mm x 2

Im sure theres more but its not worth putting down. Now I don't have that many pics, its mostly product shots but once it starts to kick up dust ill try to post more.

2013_05_01_09_43_25.jpg

2013_05_01_09_43_37.jpg

2013_05_01_09_43_48.jpg

2013_05_01_09_43_58.jpg

2013_05_01_09_44_05.jpg

2013_05_02_16_07_45.jpg

New Mid Plate Design

Option_2_preferable.jpg

Mid Plate Application

Custom_PC_final_applictaion.jpg

Like I said guys, not much, so I don't expect interest to be great, but thanks for stopping by. Currently the Mid plate is off getting holes and afew other bits and pieces don't to it, then it'll be back around June 10th and I should have more pics soon there after. This build has shot to the moon in terms of price...5k so far, but its a hobby and we all spend money on things we enjoy I guess.

Thanks again LTTF people.

Peace,

Cartdog.

Cpu: i7 3930k 4.4ghz Ram: Corsair Dominator 2133mhz 16gb Quad Channel Gpu: GTX1080ti Psu: Silverstone Strider 1000w Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Case: Silverstone Temjin TJ11 costom modded Mouse: Razer DeathAdder cordless Monitor: Asus SSD: Intel 520 60gb Build Log: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/17437-the-silent-one-first-modintro-tj11-10-10-13/

Wait what? Interest is gonna be great. If the quality of the build and the updates are up fast and in awesome quality you'll have a bunch following this. Including me! :D

+1 followed!

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Oh snap dude, I should get some popcorn...

It might get cold but fuck it. I'll join you! :D

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Cheers Gents, look forward to sharing with you all. The past pics are mobile, but im charging my battery on my cam, so hopefully get some better "build" shots. I'll do my best with it, im not a professional but im finding out fast that things on paper don't always go as smooth as you'd like, but that's what comes when you go custom. Now on the build, I was going black and white....what you think? I have all black EK CSQ blocks etc, and white cables....what you think about white coolant? Im going to try get my hands on mayhems ice white, but perhaps a blue coolant? Reason for the color option was that the white coolants in clear tubing tends to make the coolant get a slight yellow ting...anyone else had this issue? Oh btw, anyone have ideas or surgestions good or bad, man by all means drop em by me, im a noob to this custom modding so its all baby steps.

Cpu: i7 3930k 4.4ghz Ram: Corsair Dominator 2133mhz 16gb Quad Channel Gpu: GTX1080ti Psu: Silverstone Strider 1000w Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Case: Silverstone Temjin TJ11 costom modded Mouse: Razer DeathAdder cordless Monitor: Asus SSD: Intel 520 60gb Build Log: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/17437-the-silent-one-first-modintro-tj11-10-10-13/

cartdog, on 18 May 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

Cheers Gents, look forward to sharing with you all. The past pics are mobile, but im charging my battery on my cam, so hopefully get some better "build" shots. I'll do my best with it, im not a professional but im finding out fast that things on paper don't always go as smooth as you'd like, but that's what comes when you go custom. Now on the build, I was going black and white....what you think? I have all black EK CSQ blocks etc, and white cables....what you think about white coolant? Im going to try get my hands on mayhems ice white, but perhaps a blue coolant? Reason for the color option was that the white coolants in clear tubing tends to make the coolant get a slight yellow ting...anyone else had this issue? Oh btw, anyone have ideas or surgestions good or bad, man by all means drop em by me, im a noob to this custom modding so its all baby steps.

Black + White = Awesome (I can't wait!)

I've heard a bunch of good things about this coolant: Ice Dragon, Nanofluid, White. Link: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/15033/ex-liq-203/Ice_Dragon_Cooling_Nanofluid_Coolant_White_Color_-_32oz.html#blank

Everything i read/see in this thread might be used for tips and tricks into my build ;)

Tips from MDPC on how to take good pictures:

mdpc-photography.jpg

Edit: So yeah the picture changed ( why? ) but you still saw it i hope so good luck anyways :)

Black + White = Awesome (I can't wait!)

I've heard a bunch of good things about this coolant: Ice Dragon, Nanofluid, White. Link: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/15033/ex-liq-203/Ice_Dragon_Cooling_Nanofluid_Coolant_White_Color_-_32oz.html#blank

Everything i read/see in this thread might be used for tips and tricks into my build ;)

Tips from MDPC on how to take good pictures:

mdpc-photography.jpg

Fantastic man, thank you so much. I set up my Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ30 with the instructions, takes a wicked pic both close up and far away. Ill take some tomorrow to give you all a sample. :) Im enjoying this.

Fantastic man, thank you so much. I set up my Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ30 with the instructions, takes a wicked pic both close up and far away. Ill take some tomorrow to give you all a sample. :) Im enjoying this.

Glad i could help! I can't wait! I'm building my own system in 1-2 weeks now, and this will hopefully be a big inspiration!  :D

*UPDATE* 30-5-2013

Hey guys, its been a little while I know, but to those following, got some more pics. Finally got all my parts now, so ill be able to kick off shortly with just afew more things to do, hope you enjoy the pics, my photog skills leave abit to be desired, hopefully I can improve.

My cat...but man is she annoying...shes just a walking static electricity ball of fur

P1010466.jpg

All the fittings/blocks

P1010475.jpg

P1010476.jpg

P1010477.jpg

P1010480.jpg

P1010478.jpg

P1010483.jpg

P1010485.jpg

EK boxes are artwork

P1010488.jpg

Mainboard/Graphics/Cpu

P1010489.jpg

P1010491.jpg

P1010490.jpg

P1010492.jpg

P1010493.jpg

P1010494.jpg

P1010497.jpg

P1010495.jpg

P1010500.jpg

hope they havnt bored yas...:)

Hey guys, just afew more pics. Ill detail photo description in links.

Mainboard support slide mounts

P1010503.jpg

P1010502.jpg

Mid-Plate (long front shot)

P1010505.jpg

P1010511.jpg

P1010509.jpg

Cable Management slots

P1010504.jpg

Pump housing holes

P1010506.jpg

Its coming along, not like a rocket but getting there. The hot-swap bay I plan on making a surround for it so all that's visible is the actual drive slots themselves. Tell me what you think guys?

Its coming along, not like a rocket but getting there.

That's ok. I like slow builds (doing some of those myself :lol: ). For one thing they

are a lot easier and less stressful to follow. And secondly, since they tend to pop up

on the front page of the build logs section much more often they are harder to miss.

These forums are so crazy busy I don't have the time to check all the time what's new

and hot, so when something gets pushed to the stack's top a few times I'm a lot less

likely to miss it. A build which just gets posted in one fell swoop in its entirety

is a lot more likely to fall through the cracks and just get lost.

I've always liked the TJ11, almost got one myself until I realized I would have to change

so much about it that I would be better off with something else. Still a beautiful case

though. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Thanks dude,  I appreciate your comment. Trying not to be despondent at the seeming lack of interest...but I guess its not really moving enough for people to go WOW! you know. If there's a little group who's happy to follow along, than im more than happy to share with them, this build log isn't about "look at me", its more just a journey that PC enthusiasts go through so its nice to share with people to hopefully inspire them also you know.

I loved the look of the TJ11. I tossed up between that and the cosmos II. But the cossy just didn't do it for me and looked abit cramped, plus the small window and hinged doors sealed the deal for me, no go. Still got abit of modding to do such as HDD surround and bay drive slot mounts. Im really going for a factory look with this build, I hate this jutting outta the case etc you know. The only thing outside the case of this build will be the flow meter, I didn't want it but my brother likes it so I thought id put it in for him, nonetheless it'll look really good where ive decided to place it.

I see your from Switzerland, beautiful place (like you don't know) I planned on going to Wengen last yr but had to change plans...maybe this year or next if the EU hasn't folded.

That's ok. I like slow builds (doing some of those myself :lol: ). For one thing they
are a lot easier and less stressful to follow. And secondly, since they tend to pop up
on the front page of the build logs section much more often they are harder to miss.

These forums are so crazy busy I don't have the time to check all the time what's new
and hot, so when something gets pushed to the stack's top a few times I'm a lot less
likely to miss it. A build which just gets posted in one fell swoop in its entirety
is a lot more likely to fall through the cracks and just get lost.

I've always liked the TJ11, almost got one myself until I realized I would have to change
so much about it that I would be better off with something else. Still a beautiful case
though. :)

Just keep up the good work mate. I mean things take time so at your own pace, go along as you would :D

I'm really keen on seeing the final, finished product.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Just keep up the good work mate. I mean things take time so at your own pace, go along as you would :D

caught in a land slide, no escape from reality...

Just couldn't resist carrying on your quote :3

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

caught in a land slide, no escape from reality...

Just couldn't resist carrying on your quote :3

Yeah I love the song just WAY too much. I should stop listening to it lol

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I'm interested man... Just don't really know how to comment on it, looks sick so far though XD

Awww thanks guys. Yeah I know what you mean sam, Hopefully by June 12th Ill have a heap more done, its just kind of in that phase where theres the big stuff outta the road, now its all the fiddly things like fitting placement, holes to drill etc you know. Cheers gents :) your a bunch of swell lads.

Yeah I love the song just WAY too much. I should stop listening to it lol

That song is what made Wayne's World what it was :) love it as well dude, awesome tune :D

But also it's so true, everyone TRIES to hit the high note :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Just some updates for those following. Going really smooth, next step is "dry fit"...or paint..havnt decided whats first. Let me know what you think ok :).

GPU thermal covers close up ( 1 more to do)

P1010520.jpg
image hosting site

P1010521.jpg
image upload software

Test fit of case components

P1010526.jpg
image search

P1010531.jpg
windows screenshot

Radiators

P1010534.jpg
image hosting sites

Flow meter (rear case panel)

P1010539.jpg
free screen capture software

Flow meter prep tape.

P1010541.jpg
upload photos

Shots of the case

P1010542.jpg
image upload software

P1010543.jpg
program to take screenshots

P1010547.jpg
image hosting picasa

P1010549.jpg
application screenshot

P1010550.jpg
print screen windows 7

Hope you enjoyed guys, sorry theres not many pics of the actual work being done, but its easy to get carried away and kinda forget to take pictures lol.

wow its going pretty well, i love that flow meter there :) very nice touch :)

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Yes, yes this pleases me. *evil laugh* :lol:

Is that a Makita drill? I think I might have the same one.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic