High profile ram with air cooling

CaptainRagu

Ive seen people complain that the 212 evo can interfere with high profile ram.

Im going to be using an MSI Z97-gaming 5 motherboard with 4 ram slots, along with high profile corsair vengeance ram.

Can I put the two sticks of ram in the far slots avoiding interfering with the 212 evo fan?

Ive seen people complain that the 212 evo can interfere with high profile ram.

Im going to be using an MSI Z97-gaming 5 motherboard with 4 ram slots, along with high profile corsair vengeance ram.

Can I put the two sticks of ram in the far slots avoiding interfering with the 212 evo fan?

yes, but why not just get LP ram? also if the ram does still interfere with the cooler, you can take the heatsinks off the ram, it won't cause any overheating

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

yes, but why not just get LP ram? also if the ram does still interfere with the cooler, you can take the heatsinks off the ram, it won't cause any overheating

So low profile ram without the heatsinks are no worse than high profile?

So low profile ram without the heatsinks are no worse than high profile?

the actual ram is exactly the same, the heatsinks dont actually do anything, all they do is look cool.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

the actual ram is exactly the same, the heatsinks dont actually do anything, all they do is look cool.

Umm... ofc heatsinks do something. Otherwise LP ram wouldn't have them. But for normal use they don't matter that much.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Umm... ofc heatsinks do something. Otherwise LP ram wouldn't have them. But for normal use they don't matter that much.

I meant, it doesn't matter if you have them or not. Taking them off won't change anything.

I'm inclined to agree. I've never actually had RAM get hot on me before without heatsinks.

A bit warmer than body temperature was the hottest RAM I've felt moments after switching off.