How much do you care about the sound level of your pc?

Mao_Zedong

I'd rate myself at 3. I want everything to be as silent as possible but I won't go out of my way to achieve total silence or spend extra on more expensive solutions.

I don't really care, but my cpu fan has started to go crazy. It's like 2300 rpm when playing tropico 5

For CPU cooling, I use the Corsair H100i, which is sort of quiet, but when it comes to other parts around the case like the GPU, the PSU, or for the system fans just for circulation, then it starts to get somewhat louder when I run my 200mm fans at a higher setting. When I turn it down its just about a 2.

im around probably 2. i like having a extremely quiet computer when doing simple tasks. when gaming or doing something a bit more intensive, i can deal with a bit of sound

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

As for now I'm OK with slow spinning fans to get some airflow is acceptable, but I'm really looking forward to the day when one can have the best tier of components and yet have it completely free of moving parts.

I'm from Sweden, so it's okay that my English is so so.

I like a slight blowing/humming to my computer, I like background noise and it helps me fall asleep.

CPU - Intel i5 3570 - MOBO - Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI - GPU - EVGA GTX670 FTW - RAM - 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz - SSD - 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k 

HDD - 1TB Western Digital Blue - CASE - Bitfenix Prodigy White - CPU COOLER - Coolermaster Hyper 101 - PSU - Corsair TX550M 

DISPLAY - Acer H236HL IPS - KEYBOARD - Coolermaster Quickfire TK (Reds) - MOUSE - Logitech G600 - HEADSET - Steelseries Sibera V2 - SPEAKERS - Corsair SP2500

I very much care about the sound level, however, the sound level is not exactly great. 3 x reference 7970. That'll give you an idea.

My computer is 40-50 cm next to me on earvlevel, so quetness is pretty important for me. I do wear headphones all the time, but those are open so it wouldn't make a difference if I didn't wear any at all. I don't mind some fan spin noise because that makes me feel comfortable that the pc is still alive. In the current state of my computer I'm nit too happy with the sound but that's only because of that bloody harddrive, it's the bottleneck of the system and makes the most noise, any other fan I have is pretty silent.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I wear headphones but I still like a quiet PC for the sake of people on skype or teamspeak or w/e. I aim to hear nothing but air moving but during the summer that's hard to achieve : /

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Well... I'm an American raised near the beach, and I like loud stuff.  For example: motorcycles, cars, boats, guns, large waves, concerts, rollercoasters, bonfires, sizzling bar-b-cues, playing kids, and a loud pc.  Silence is pretty much always a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

My rig =SCOUT2= 

I voted 4... I wouldn't want a PC noisy enough to lead me to use headphones but where I live, it's very hot so I can't expect to have a completely silent PC.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | I7 930 2.80GHz(stock) | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair @ 1600 | Sapphire 5850 Toxic Edition 1GB | Corsair TX750W | Corsair C70 black |<p>Collection of Parts for next build: Corsair 760T | Windows 7 Pro | Corsair AX850 |http://jond7.deviantart.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/JonD7

Personally i would put myself at 7 on this, I don't hear it much if I don't pay attention, and I normally wear headphones anyways. On my laptop I care more, but my laptop is for different uses.

'different uses'

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

My current rig is rather quiet when idling, the loudest part is the cheap as chips CDROM spinning up to speed and the occasional hard drive powering up. But when it games it sounds like a hoover. Curiously a while back I looked into why the fans power up so much even when light gaming and i found one of my GPU's gets rather hot,  so now in addition to the fans of the GPU's screaming i also have a desk fan situated so that it blows additional air into my rig. Bad i know, but till i can afford a new case with better airflow its going to have to do.  

But meh, I'm not massively fussed about the sound level of my PC, only the temperature. If its loud as a hoover but cool I'm happy. 

I used to not care that much and be at 6.. But after I got noctua fans I can't go back, it's 2 for me now..

my pc is almost silent and i usually play with speakers so it's important for me

AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 - Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4,5GHz - EKL Alpenföhn Himalaya CPU Air Cooler - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz - Asus GTX 970 Strix - Samsung SSD 840 EVO 240GB - Samsung SSD 830 128GB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 600W - Creative Sound Blaster Z - NZXT Phantom

I Water Cool for silence, not Overclocking.  The pump is the loudest thing on my machine, all the 120mm fans are slow and silent, the radiator is efficent at low CFM airspeed, and the GPUs (which are currently air cooled) are using silent fans (ACX cooling on EVGA 780ti classifieds)

I miss the days passive cooling was possible.

1486743_10201265046770413_72163379_n.jpg

I put it down at 10.

The machine I use the most is in my bed room and I have a table fan running 24/7 that blows on me when I'm sleeping and if it's quiet in the room, I feel strange.

But on the note of PC noise. I really don't care about how much noise it makes. If it's just a fan hum that's cool. If it sounds like a microwave going than we have an issue but a little fan noise won't kill me. Right now my fans are running at maybe 90% on the dial and it sounds really dull, can't hear it unless I'm close to the case.

I also ripped the sound dampening foam from my h440 and it's made the temps better.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I'd put myself on a 1½, but I voted 2.

A 0db system would constantly give me thoughts of it overheating, so <800rpm fans are the way to go for me.

A PC in another room is very quiet :)  Just put a little hole in a wall and route your display and other cables through.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

My computer is relatively quiet but is still not quiet enough for me to leave it on when I sleep. So in order to have it silent I would have to turn it off.

da_deity

I dont use headphones that much and I leave my pc on while sleeping doing stuff..So I want it to be as quiet as possible.

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1