Project Akula - Dimastech Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680

Akula

Considered, don't fancy blowing my warranty prior to see if the cards even work though.

You could probably just put a electrical tape on them, and take it off if you need to RMA or something.

Having some issues finding time this week to do anything, work is busy right now, so not much time for anything at home.

I hope to fill the loop this weekend, then i can close out this build with some final touches.

Few little things i intend to do after the loop is filled & leak-tested.

• Install Red LED's underneath the Dimastech Hard Bench - should create a nice red glow under the bench.
  • Black of the capacitors on the graphic cards & motherboard

Until work slows down a little, not much i can do :(

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Where did you get a SLI bridge like that one? =)

http://www.coldzero.eu/

They also do custom orders :)

when I first looked at the GT ram with the heat spreaders off I couldn't figure out what ram it was? ha ha One of my favorite flavors. cool build.

Update : 25/06/2013

Completed all the sleeving for all three graphic cards, hard-drives & molex cables.

I've just finished installing all the cables, fingers hurt & I've caught the flu :(

I'll throw up some quick photo's of the cables installed, I'll be training the cables a little to ensure the cables are neat.

If all goes to plan, perhaps I'll fill the loop this weekend?

This loop is going to be highly annoying to fill, i have a feeling I'll be running the pump dry for several minutes :o

Stay tuned for photo's in the morning.

Update : 26/06/2013

Here's a few quick pictures of the cables installed, they are not trained yet but it's the rough idea. :)

I've had to rethink my loop order, filling the res & feeding the coolant to the pump was going to be a complete pain and near impossible.

Previously i had the Res>Dual Rads>Pump - Which would be ideal for my loop order, but it just won't work :(

ix9r.jpg

glff.jpg

That looks really sexy :P

Looks amazing!

Cheers for the feedback

Update : 27/06/2013

Changing from Black to Clear tubing, something i never do in my builds - Just ordered a few meters of Primochill Advanced clear tubing.

Loop order is far tidier now that i has the RES > PUMP configuration.

Turns out when measuring my cables i got lazy with my Molex cables, they are roughly 2cms short to the power supply :o

What i intend to do is directly wire the MCP655 Pump to the power supply instead of bridging with a molex connector, far cleaner look.

Oh i just ordered some Antec Red Led's to sit underneath the Hard Bench.

Won't be filling this weekend :(

If you could do one thing different it would've suggested one of the Graphics cards cables red to add more color to it.  But ERMAHGERD it looks amazing

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

If you could do one thing different it would've suggested one of the Graphics cards cables red to add more color to it.  But ERMAHGERD it looks amazing

I'm not much for flooding colors into my builds, always been a subtle highlight type of guy.

But I'm going against my beliefs and throwing in clear tubing, that will add far more color to to the build :)

I'm not much for flooding colors into my builds, always been a subtle highlight type of guy.

But I'm going against my beliefs and throwing in clear tubing, that will add far more color to to the build :)

Clear tubing? What color is the liquid?

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Clear tubing? What color is the liquid?

Once filled, it shall be red :)

Once filled, it shall be red :)

It shall be sexy then ;)

I wonder if you can get a rainbow coloured liquid, i would never use it but that would be funny. I guess it would be goof for a clown setup.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

How the bloody hell has this been on these forums for this long and I've only come

across it now? I guess that's one major downside on a really busy forum, it's just

really easy to miss stuff unless you spend all your free time here (which I don't ;)).

Anyway: Oh dear god it's pretty! :wub:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I wonder if you can get a rainbow coloured liquid, i would never use it but that would be funny. I guess it would be goof for a clown setup.

It would mix.  Good idea though ;)

It would probably turn brown by the time you finish adding the colours :p.

A k u l a  V 2 - Complete

So throughout this build i have stuck by my guns and gone with what i felt was right with my highlighting of colors, throughout all my builds I've always gone with the approach, more black less color, well now that I've seen the finished result with the red coolant i could very well change my ways.

The project is now complete, baring a few minor updates, little extra cable management down below & remounting the SSD, nothing big enough to halt the build.

I had my concerns prior to filling the loop, the EK angle fittings felt a little off, but credits to EK, their fittings held up fantastic :)

Couldn't be happier with the finished product, I'm sure it's not everyone's taste, but this sums me up perfectly :)

Started pushing these 680's to their limit today, getting some excellent speeds and the temperatures are amazing.

Thanks for the support throughout this build-log - your comments were very encouraging.

Anyway here is what you have been waiting for, pictures :o

19u5.jpg

82hz.jpg

n8pi.jpg

gfu0.jpg

i2uk.jpg

ucu9.jpg

afqc.jpg

6aln.jpg

ebhy.jpg

I know black/red is done frequently, but builds like this one clearly show why: If

done well it just looks so bauce. :wub:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic