Using 2 Network Interfaces At The Same Time

Captain3xtreme

Hey guys.

So basically I pay for a swedish vpn service that I use whenever I need extra internet privacy. Mostly for torrenting.

Well the down side is that I can't really be connected to anything that requires high bandwidth or low latency or is ip address sensitive like paypal or world of warcraft while I am connected to this vpn. As far as I know there is really no way I can use my normal connection and this vpn at the same time at least with only one network interface.

If I just bought another cheap network card would I be able to somehow configure a torrent program to use that connection and would windows be able to use both connections at the same time somehow? I honestly don't even know how this would work but I just find it annoying that I can't seem to do this on one computer, If I just had a laptop or something I would be able to easily I just only own 1 computer.

Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated.

2500k @ 4.8, R9 290x, 256GB Vertex 4, Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless Brown, Logitech G602 Mouse, Kingwin Lazer 1000w Platinum PSU, Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM 8GB @1866, Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3, Xonar U7, Sennheiser 598, Switch 810, Coolermaster Hyper 212 with 1x Noctua nf-f12

Ahh US and the torrent rules... Anyway,

Do you get one wire to your house ? If so then no you can't.

Might be possible to split the connection with a high-er end router and then rigging windows to work with it, i could be just speaking nonsense, so if anyone has experience with that please share :)

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

Ok thanks for the advice I guess I will just have to live with it

2500k @ 4.8, R9 290x, 256GB Vertex 4, Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless Brown, Logitech G602 Mouse, Kingwin Lazer 1000w Platinum PSU, Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM 8GB @1866, Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3, Xonar U7, Sennheiser 598, Switch 810, Coolermaster Hyper 212 with 1x Noctua nf-f12

Well yeah you can, but Windows sucks for this sort of thing (anything fancy with networking). Linux builds of most torrent programs let you bind to an IP address, which you can then set up a router to distribute to different interfaces, one running the VPN, one without. And by router I mean a router that you can throw OpenWRT on, so that rules out every ADSL/VDSL modem & router combo. Intuition would say that you can bind ports to go through the interface but sadly torrent clients communicate to trackers on a different port again, probably 80.