SLI users tell me...

I upgraded from a single GTX 780 to dual 780's (on water).  I run triple monitor surround on 3 x 24" screens.  I would max out on the settings on a single card with a very slight OC and get about 35-40 FPS on games like BF4.  I upgraded to 2 cards in SLI and the same settings - FPS went to 120 on average.  Yes, I use more power and had to upgrade the PSU but I more than doubled the FPS.  

I'm getting tired of the Nvidia surround though - games like Watch Dogs that claim they were made for surround don't work properly at all.  Titan fall is also the same - no mini map, etc.  I'm planning to get a 4K monitor and just run one.

to answer your question - I love the SLi setup and the computational power when I'm doing my graphic/video work really helps.  My next gen rig will probably gain another 780 (tri-sli) on the x99 platform with a 5960 to power it.  

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

The only thing that isn't good about sli is the price/performance ratio. 

thats not true if its an upgrade, I currently have a 660ti in my pc and plan on upgrading to SLI soon, it will cost around£150 for another 660ti which will deliver better than 780 performamce, and to me, that sounds alot better than spending £400 on a 780.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

i like sli. its great.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

SLi is amazing. If you get your cards second hand you save a butt load of cash and come pretty damn close to bigger cards. Right now i have similar performance to a GTX 680 and those things still sell for £250+. 

All the single card skrubs just don't get it. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I plan on sli with another 780ti with in the next year.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

I sli two 780 Tis.  The performance is awesome.  The heat is incredible.   Haven't had any issues.  From what I've gathered now most games support SLI and if they don't then they didn't really need that much gpu power to begin with.  Anyway, that's why I went with two 780 Tis and I'll continue to go with SLI of the top cards, in case something goes wrong you've got a very powerful card to fall back on.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

SLi/ Xfire can be a pain in the ass if you always play some MMO beta or early access game. Those are the main people I see complaining about multi GPU - people who are always playing games before their SLi / Xfire support is added, and getting burnt out on the game before that happens.

They have a point, but they are morons for using SLi in the first place considering all they ever play is in beta at best. They are projecting their problems on the wrong issue.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.