CM Hyper212 EVO Dying?

So my Hyper212 EVO FAN started making a fast clicking sounds like a baseball card on a bike spoke but on a much smaller scale

I oiled it (not WD40) went silent but now its back and wont go away

Sause what do you guys think?

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Unbalanced fan?

CPU: Intel I5 3550 Motherboard: Maximus V Gene RAM: 8Gb Kingston HyperX Genesis GPU: Zotac GTX 670 Case: NZXT Vulcan Storage: 120gb Kintson SSD + 1TB WB blue PSU: Corsair CX600 Display(s): Asus 24" VE247H Full HD Cooling: Coolermaster V8 and Casefans Keyboard: Steelseries 6G V/2 Mouse: Razer Naga Molten Sound: Onboard + Astro a40

Ah do you mean the fans?

Pretty sure a cooler on it's own wouldn't make clicking noises.

The bearings could be getting old, could be unbalanced as N0ksuu mentioned or it may be slipping off the axel and hitting the frame.

If you can take off the blade and fix em then try that otherwise replace em, Noctua NF-F12

or if they're visible, Corsair SP120

for silence, quiet editions.

So my Hyper212 EVO started making a fast clicking sounds like a baseball card on a bike spoke but on a much smaller scale

I oiled it (not WD40) went silent but now its back and wont go away

Sooo what do you guys think?

change the fan? or take it off and examine

Yeah try and change the fan out.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Hmmmm i pulled the middle out a little and let it fall back into place and the ticking stopped  :blink:

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

Maybe there was sth stuck on the blades, and when you moved it, it fell off. Perhaps there was a cable also touching the blades.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

Maybe there was sth stuck on the blades, and when you moved it, it fell off. Perhaps there was a cable also touching the blades.

Nope everyting is clear of the fan its dusted off also, fan is in push mode

well if it's fine now, just keep it the way it is, but keep an eye on it ;)

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

ill try increasing the idle speed its on asrock's lvl 2 setting right now

I have heard about the hyper 212 EVO fan is not as last longing as hyper 212 PLUS. So change the fan with another PWM fan.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Well, you can always just swap the fan out for another

It's very possible the fans dying. Right now I'm on my forth replacement fan and it's starting to click. If it works fine now, don't bother doing anything else, but if it starts again just get rid of it.

Well it stopped now it seems the low rpm was causing it  :mellow:

Well it stopped now it seems the low rpm was causing it  :mellow:

low rpm? how low? mine is as low as 300ish. And i hear no clicking sounds?

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

If you have a backup fan lying around that'll work on the cooler, then remove the current one(but plug it in), mount the backup fan and plug it in, turn on your system and let the Evo fan run for a bit. See what happens.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

low rpm? how low? mine is as low as 300ish. And i hear no clicking sounds?

idk ill have to check but i think it was 300 or 400 and now its around 1200 (1200 = no clicking!)

Forgive the Question on top of anothers thread, but I have the EVO Plus, whats the difference between PLUS and EVO?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I think my fan is dying on my evo too, after like a couple of months :\ 

What would be a good fan to replace it do you think?

#!

Forgive the Question on top of anothers thread, but I have the EVO Plus, whats the difference between PLUS and EVO?

I think the cooler looks slightly different, and the fan is different too.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

I think my fan is dying on my evo too, after like a couple of months :\ 

What would be a good fan to replace it do you think?

A good pressure optimized fan. Perhaps one of Corsair's options or Noctua's options. There's another fan that TastyPC is a fan of. I'll edit that into my post too.

EDIT: This is the fan TastyPC likes: Phobya NB-eLoop Fan

A good pressure optimized fan. Perhaps one of Corsair's options or Noctua's options. There's another fan that TastyPC is a fan of. I'll edit that into my post too.

I think I might just get a couple of SP120s :)

#!

idk ill have to check but i think it was 300 or 400 and now its around 1200 (1200 = no clicking!)

It was 430

I think the EVO is newer

I think the EVO is newer

That part I knew.. I meant the actual difference if known..?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz