Gigaguy777

Well ubisoft, you have dug yourself in a deeper and deeper hole now. Your pr group is horendous.

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

Isn't it more difficult to work with low resolutions, though? I remember working with Photoshop and my teacher would always advise everyone to find high res images rather than low ones since it's much more difficult to edit with them.

Sort of yes, but mostly no.

There are a lot of factors which dictate a game's graphical fidelity, aesthetic appeal and hardware requirements - each of which can be entirely independent from the rest. When you create a game for the most powerful platform you need to invest time and money to have it work on the less powerful ones.  This is usually accomplished with lower resolution textures, lower polygon models, more primitive lighting and shading, less active AI etc.

One of the problems however is that the end result is a mess. Only one platform has a really decent version and the entire project cost is higher whilst the majority of users will suffer from a lesser experience than they would have otherwise. Battlefield 3 and 4 are good examples of this on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 - it was developed on PC for PC, and as a result the console versions were quite poor. They ran at sub-720p with a locked framerate of 30 which dropped quite often, along with inconsistent and generally poor texture quality.

Of course, this isn't always true and there have been lots of exceptions before. I also think (and hope) that as a result of the increasing similarity between consoles and PC from a hardware perspective, developers will soon be able to work on a game simultaneously for multiple platforms without needing to sacrifice the experience they provide to meet deadlines or budget limits. But, again... that's just what I hope for. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

im sick of ubisoft they lie and then try to cover it up with BS im not getting FC4 or any other ubisoft game i wanted SP the stick of truth but couldnt bring myself to it because of ubisoft i dont care that they didnt make the game the fact that they put their name on it at all bothered me for all i care ubisoft can go away just like uplay that piece of trash

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

Ubisoft PR has been equivalent to a walrus with a  butt plug lately. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Just keep digging ubisoft......

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Ubisoft PR has been equivalent to a walrus with a  butt plug lately. 

Fascinating. Do tell more: what are the effects of a butt plug in walruses (walrusi?) Does it presses against a butt artery that in turn cuts down blood flow to the brain? That would be my guess

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wait so Farcry 4 is using "Dunia Engine". Watch Dogs is using "Disrupt" and Division is "Snowdrop", AC Unity is "Anvilnext" game engine. 4 newer games with 4 different game engines? WTF.

Meanwhile EA is doing Frostbite for everything and their first game on it ran like crap as far as stability (as most games do when not from John Carmack lol) but at least it was fast.

How about all the Ubisoft people get together and make one game engine and actually optimize the damn thing.  I don't know, maybe make one freakin title that is optimized instead of 4 that will most likely run like crap. 

I feel bad for these programmers. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Wait so Farcry 4 is using "Dunia Engine". Watch Dogs is using "Disrupt" and Division is "Snowdrop", AC Unity is "Anvilnext" game engine. 4 newer games with 4 different game engines? WTF.

Meanwhile EA is doing Frostbite for everything and their first game on it ran like crap as far as stability (as most games do when not from John Carmack lol) but at least it was fast.

How about all the Ubisoft people get together and make one game engine and actually optimize the damn thing.  I don't know, maybe make one freakin title that is optimized instead of 4 that will most likely run like crap. 

Maybe that's why Crytek's broke: Scumbag Ubisoft changes a couple hundred lines of code and renames the engine each time but they're all really Cryengine at core

-------

Current Rig

-------

This is just a guess but I can imagine that some of those engines are just specialized versions of each other for a specific kind of game. I mean afaik, Skyrim runs on a modified version of the engine used in Bethesda's other games and that was given it's own name too (Creation Engine).

Of course I could be wrong.

"What the... You're not made of Tuesday!"  ―Roberto

Maybe that's why Crytek's broke: Scumbag Ubisoft changes a couple hundred lines of code and renames the engine each time but they're all really Cryengine at core

:(.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Fascinating. Do tell more: what are the effects of a butt plug in walruses (walrusi?) Does it presses against a butt artery that in turn cuts down blood flow to the brain? That would be my guess

They put in the butt plug represents that they spew so much shit that they cant control the leakage anymore and the walrus represents how they attempt to communicate with their customer base- grunting and clapping. 

I know buttplugs are not used to stop anal leakage but rather for pleasure, but I assume Ubisoft doesn't know that if they call 30 FPS filmic. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

They put in the butt plug represents that they spew so much shit that they cant control the leakage anymore and the walrus represents how they attempt to communicate with their customer base- grunting and clapping. 

I know buttplugs are not used to stop anal leakage but rather for pleasure, but I assume Ubisoft doesn't know that if they call 30 FPS filmic. 

Oooh so not kinky but a literal cork up their butts? Gotcha. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Oooh so not kinky but a literal cork up their butts? Gotcha. 

Yep.  :D

Glad my analogies are appreciated here. My girlfriend hates them and complains about them. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I have a new theory

Everyone at ubisoft hates gaming, hates customers and really hate their jobs. So ubisoft have decided to RUIN their company so that they nobody buys their games and they can all get fired and go  live in cardboard boxes in an alley somewhere

You heard it here first

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

All the console hard cores (the ones that hate pc) must be having a field day with all this information.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hang on If Consoles are getting PC Ultra settings 

To quote Total Biscuit 

" If your console version of a game is equivalent to "ultra high" on PC, that's because your PC version isn't good enough"

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

In an interview with Game Informer, the director of Far Cry 4, Alex Hutchinson said the following.

"Far Cry is a PC-developed game at heart...

Fingers-crossed.jpg

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

The depth of ubisoft's hole is just a number.

That number is the limit for x that goes to 0 of 1/x.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Resolution is just a number 

Also ubisoft needs a proper heavy duty digger,shovel wont cut it for the ammount of stupid they produce.

bagger.png

All the console hard cores (the ones that hate pc) must be having a field day with all this information.

It's not like anyone actually cares what they think, though.

It's not like anyone actually cares what they think, though.

I was reading om beyiond3d forums, that some of them are just as angry because apparently the console version isn't as good either.  On of them was also saying that all producers should strive for the best on each platform.

All of them are pissed that the WD demo was in high res. on a pc yet the the whole game at launch was nerfed.   So it appears the intelligent ones are, well, intelligent.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I feel like MS or Sony is paying ubisoft to praise the consoles. Like no one is stupid enough even them to not see that they are making it worse

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place