Mouse DPI from 1080p to 1440p

Aligaterror

Okay, so with windows pointer speed maxed and DPI at 5600, not only does your mouse skip pixels, but you have your entire monitor stuffed into an area of 2.5 x 1.25 millimeters (I think). Perception of pointer-speed aside, any semblence of accuracy has been objectively scattered to the wind and forcing your wrist to move in such small increments probably isn't doing it any favors in the long-run, either.

I can still quick scope and head shot someone really easily in battlefield 4. It really just depends on what you are used to. DPI is just a matter of preference for the most part and I like not having to move my wrist/arm across the entire mouse pad to turn around. I am able to turn faster and correct shots faster than most people. Yes i do notice it when it skips pixels but i am able to correct that super easily and i don't even think about it anymore. The only reason why i turned off pointer precision was to get a little more speed out of my mouse. Again this is normal for me and feels great, to you it may not, that is your opinion.

I can still quick scope and head shot someone really easily in battlefield 4. It really just depends on what you are used to. DPI is just a matter of preference for the most part and I like not having to move my wrist/arm across the entire mouse pad to turn around. I am able to turn faster and correct shots faster than most people. Yes i do notice it when it skips pixels but i am able to correct that super easily and i don't even think about it anymore. The only reason why i turned off pointer precision was to get a little more speed out of my mouse. Again this is normal for me and feels great, to you it may not, that is your opinion.

Even with 1600dpi I can normally stay well within the confinds of a qck mini. But prefer to have a 10x12in pad.

I said objectively for a reason. Use what you like, I'm not judging you. I'm not saying you will necessary do badly in games, I'm saying it's physically impossible that you aren't doing worse than you could be.

• 4 years later...

if you do the math of (2560x1440)/(1920x180)=1.7777 repeating then 400x1.777 = 711 so 700 dpi should be your new sens 

tldr multiply dpi by 1.777

if 400dpi new sens should be 700dpi

In my 3440x1440p screen, I use 400dpi for fps games and 1200dpi for everything else.

On 6/28/2014 at 6:47 AM, Toby said:

I said objectively for a reason. Use what you like, I'm not judging you. I'm not saying you will necessary do badly in games, I'm saying it's physically impossible that you aren't doing worse than you could be.

Agreed. There are pixels that it's literally impossible for him to point at.  Windows mouse speed is incredibly stupid and should always be on 6/11 (dead center). Anything else is objectively worse.  If that's not enough speed the only correct solution is to get a higher dpi mouse.