Ubisoft Massive Sweden leak on Division downgrade

deathjester

Ubisoft should just focus and make games for PC. It disgusts me when developers are actually making a pc title for console FIRST in creation vids and at demo show I see a joystick /facepalm. Wouldn't it be better, faster, easier to make it primary for PC like it should've and then just dumb it down fast for console.

Microsoft should've simply make some kind of windows based console over xb that would simply be lower grade pc and games would work like on pc.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

*looks at member info*

Your point here? You do realize that people in America are allowed to vote right? And every vote is counted in the democratic process? 

lmao at America bashing, its so fucking stupid. 

Conceal your intentions

It's Ubisoft: 

Liked because Full House that's why.

Meanwhile 

In the ubi PR department

yryr_zps4ada76ef.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ubisoft just kill yourself.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Can't wait to hear TotalBiscuit to talk about this!

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

The year is 2015 and the award for the worst company goes to ........  I do wonder however if the reason why the game was delayed wasn't the fact that the game was looking good? Too good comparing to the console versions so they took their time to '' dumb'' it down so the visual gap between pc and console versions would close?

Also I know we're all pissed off at Ubisoft but I think there's more to it than this. It's not like Ubisoft is making the consoles. Making consoles look as good as PCs three times the price doesn't seem to have any direct benefits to Ubisoft as a company that I can come up with.

It is more efficient to cater to the lowest common denominator. This is what gives developers time to release new games on a yearly cycle and profit.

To publishers and investors, $60 from a console player is the same as $60 from a PC user with a beastly rig. Profit driven corporations will focus on profits.

:( :( :(

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

Was there ever any doubt about this being the situation after people discovered the left out files in Watch Dogs? The fact that those files were still in there was clearly a silent call for attention from the hard-working artists and developers who truly want their work to be displayed in its intended state. Ubisoft needs to stop this detrimental behavior immediately and stop kneeling down for Sony and Microsoft and their ridiculously inferior platforms just to improve sales numbers and secure a wider audience (right, as if the shareholders would allow that to happen)...

Thank you, Massive employee for speaking up. Hope you'll be able to stay out of trouble.

Cheers,

Linus

You know you've fucked up as a publisher when people prefer EA's polices to yours

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I would like to see clear figures of AAA titles. Everything I see always is always global. Which means money farming shit like candy crush are probably included.   

But if Assassin's Creed sales more on PC, houray ! 

In quarter 13/14 Ubisoft made the most money on the PC platform per their own documents. 

https://www.ubisoftg...tcm99143202.pdf

24 percent PC

22 percent Xbox One

20 percent PS3

13 percent PS4

7 percent Xbox one

It is safe to say a @$%^ load of money is involved in this, and perhaps perks like Sony Pictures distributing the Watch Dogs movie. 

The thing that sucks is for Ubisoft to fix this game, they would probably need to make a DirectX 11.2 port with memory tiling. Otherwise they would have to redo the game from the ground up (which is prob how the original reveal was running with PC optimization)and I don't see that happening. They just expect us to have tons of VRAM and not to be able to run at high resolutions basically and I don't expect it to ever be fixed. It was done poorly for a reason and it artificially makes it look like you need a much more powerful PC/graphics card, which was probably the intention. 

Watch Dogs was the Disrupt engine from Ubisoft Montreal. Assassin's Creed 4 was just pure sabotage on core usage/CPU, Quads barely ran it better then a Duo Core. Far Cry 4 is Ubisoft Montreal  and most likely has the same stuttering engine/BS. The Division uses the Snowdrop engine. 

What ticks me off is that it appears Ubisoft has literally went out of their way to screw over the PC port of their last few games. Not just downgrading, but screwing over performance, and doing ZERO optimization, and or reverse optimizing the game from the console port or original reveal.  

There is a big difference between limiting graphics and totally screwing over the port. We could get around limiting graphics and downsample the game. Hell you can make the old Mass Effects look awesome with downsampling, and Dark Souls 2 textures sucked, but downsampled it looked and played pretty well. These games should have GPU requirements of a 7770/7790 if they are running at 1080p on a console. At the most a 7870. instead we get requirements like a GTX 770 with 4 gigs of VRAM for 1080p to run well. That is way beyond 1.31 TFLOPS or 1.84 TFLOPS, which is what the consoles are sporting. In addition to that? The consoles are using 6 cores out of their 1.6-1.7ghz AMD Mobile chip. 2 are locked to the OS.

To make the games run as bad as they have on PC's with as much power as they have, required effort. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

To make the games run as bad as they have on PC's with as much power as they have, required effort. 

Imagine being one of the developers having to work on deliberately "destroying" a game they've been polishing to perfection over several years only to achieve parity with consoles... I'd be devastated.

Cheers,

Linus

In quarter 13/14 Ubisoft made the most money on the PC platform per their own documents. 

https://www.ubisoftg...tcm99143202.pdf

24 percent PC

22 percent Xbox One

20 percent PS3

13 percent PS4

7 percent Xbox one

Wow that's cool thanks. But sadly, it confirms what I said... 62% vs 24%. The rest is all consoles or mobile being Wii, WiiU, Vita and others(ios/android ?). Seems like money is on the consoles. 

But it's kinda cool to see the PC as the strongest platform. Let's hope it just keep growing letting less and less to split amoung consoles. 

I don't know why ubisoft even delayed there f'ing games. I swear they just delay so the PC gamers have the worst experience. This was the game I've been looking forward to since it's release. And I has a hope ubisoft wouldn't do this to the division as they did to watch dogs. I hoped they learned there lesson but nope.

post-45067-0-69879500-1403546000.jpg

cpu:i5-4670k | Ram: 16gb | Case:Nzxt phantom 520 | Psu: corsair tx850 gold

mobo: Asus hero | Gpu: evga 780 | Storage: seagate 2tb/smamsung evo 240gb

Sound: Corsair 2100 / Mouse: Corsair m65 mouse / Keyboard: Corsair k70 / Display Vizio 23inch hdtv (changing soon)

Sorry guys, but I'm calling BS.

News source is anonymous and the website reporting on it looks fake.

Obviously we shouldn't trust Ubisoft, but until an official statement has been made by them, then I'm going to dismiss this.

Time to wait for when it's released, if it looks like the Xbone/PS4 version, then we know what happened.

is this for real.....

i wonder what ubisoft will say, to this.

Obviously we shouldn't trust Ubisoft, but until an official statement has been made by them, then I'm going to dismiss this.

Time to wait for when it's released, if it looks like the Xbone/PS4 version, then we know what happened.

im with u on this one.!

They just keep shooting themselves in the foot, THERE IS JUST SO MUCH GUNPOWDER YOUR FEET CAN TAKE UBISOFT!

I mean I never though that The Division presentations will be actual IG footage, it just looks.. too good, watchdogs looked good, but the division looked unreal, and I won't have unreal expectations

You are taking sense there, it all looks a bit iffy!

edit, very iffy!

This is fucking terrible, Ubisoft is a terrible company

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

It's Ubisoft: 

tumblr_mil4q4utPG1rc0luco1_400.gif

:(

They'll start to admit that the next gen consoles are under powered about next year.

Until then, this is fucking abysmal