Ubisoft Massive Sweden leak on Division downgrade

deathjester

<gif>

Check my post above yours, just beat you too it. :)

Remember ubisoft's new motto: "next gen starts [here]".

I think what they mean is Next gen games means gimping the most powerful platform (PC) in order to make console gamers feel a false sense of superiority

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

ubishit

// Its just Ubisoft, who cares

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

"Truth be told in regards to your question that while ‘Yes’ the lead platform is the PC, we simply cannot have such a big gap" 

wtf is going wrong with ubisoft?

well ubisoft is a publisher and developer so its wholly responsible. unlike how EA could be blamed for Dice having to rush BF4.

Every company is wholly responsible for the content that they produce or release. These types of business practices should be brought into the light for everyone to see Be it publisher or developers.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

Every company is wholly responsible for the content that they produce or release. These types of business practices should be brought into the light for everyone to see Be it publisher or developers.

I do agree. Meanwhile at CD Projekt.....Theyre giving out as much as they possibly can.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

At first they made ok games, then Uplay, now this, leads to this:

downvoting-roman.gif

Gaming PC: CPU: 4770k @ 4.0Ghz GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 RAM: 16GB Corsair vengeance 1600Mhz Mobo: ASRock Extreme 9/AC PSU: Corsair AX760i Case: Corsair 750D CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i HDD: Samsung EVO 250GB, 1TB HDD, 4TB HDD 

Unbelievable. Console holds gaming back so much because of awful business practices and shit like this. Ubisoft can go fuck itself. That's quite the accomplishment; to beat EA at being garbage.

Yes, because a random developer would contact a gaming website to spill the beans over a topic that the website knows will make itself very popular.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Yes, because a random developer would contact a gaming website to spill the beans over a topic that the website knows will make itself very popular.

I like the way you think, it's very easy to get wound up in the emotion and forget to wait for the product to be released before drawing conclusions.

But if this is all true to the letter then It's GREAT news,  I won't have to upgrade my GPU or CPU for another 10 years,  Think I'll put that money into my car.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Was going to buy ACIV on steam sale, I think I'll pass. That goes on to future Ubi games too.

Case: Corsair 500R (BitFenix Spectre Pro LED Green) -  CPU: Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2 -  Mobo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming -  GPUs: Asus Strix GTX 970  -  RAM: Kingston Black - 8GB 2133 -  PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750G 750W -  Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3  -  HDDs: OCZ Vector 150 120GB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Green 500GB -  Monitor: Acer B246HYL ymdpr 23.8 IPS  -  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical -  Audio: Sennheiser HD 600 - Magni 2/ Modi 2

I like the way you think, it's very easy to get wound up in the emotion and forget to wait for the product to be released before drawing conclusions.

But if this is all true to the letter then It's GREAT news,  I won't have to upgrade my GPU or CPU for another 10 years,  Think I'll put that money into my car.

I'd expect the developer to contact IGN or Gamespot, not some gaming website that no one knows about, and it isn't offering any actual proof that the email is legit.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

The only Ubisoft game I'm willing to buy at this point is Child of Light if it goes on sale. After that Ubisoft won't see any of my money for a VERY long time. Keep digging that hole Ubisoft.

The only Ubisoft game I'm willing to buy at this point is Child of Light if it goes on sale. After that Ubisoft won't see any of my money for a VERY long time. Keep digging that hole Ubisoft.

Because that's going to stop them from selling 4million in the first week right?

If consoles are making devs the most profit why would they ignore them and cater to PCs? Also can we take this with a grain of salt people say "Anonymous insider" and it's officially confirmed. I have seen no proof that tells me this game will be ugly(yes ugly not downgraded, but ugly. Game could still get downgraded and look phenomenal). I feel like I'm going to get hate for this but bring it on, I'm going to be logical and reasonable and not jump on the "ubisoft must die" bandwagon.

Because that's going to stop them from selling 4million in the first week right?

If consoles are making devs the most profit why would they ignore them and cater to PCs? Also can we take this with a grain of salt people say "Anonymous insider" and it's officially confirmed. I have seen no proof that tells me this game will be ugly(yes ugly not downgraded, but ugly. Game could still get downgraded and look phenomenal). I feel like I'm going to get hate for this but bring it on, I'm going to be logical and reasonable and not jump on the "ubisoft must die" bandwagon.

How dare you, there's no room for rational thought around here, if you aren't parroting the hate train then you don't know what you are talking about.   :P

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I really hope total biscuit makes a rage video about this , that would be entertainment 

I'm annoyed that we collectively aren't capable of not buying any Ubisoft game for a couple years. Instead I see "oh damn, I just bought X Ubisoft game on the SSS. Well, I promise to not buy any more Ubisoft titles for a while" Except you won't hold up to that. Guarantee it. 

It's not about whether the game is good or bad, whether it's beautiful or ugly, it's that it's not using the hardware available to it's fullest potential and is thus gimping the entire PC playerbase so that they can hide the disparity of graphical fidelity and power.

Remember, graphics entails a lot of things, like textures, models, animations, how many characters you can have on screen at a single time. Things like anti-aliasing and other environmental effects also play in here. But then underneath the surface is also other things like AI and many things which will effect gameplay that would benefit a lot more from being run on higher-powered platforms instead of the limited power of the consoles.

It's about getting the most out of your product, which is why we all sigh with disappointment when we hear a game is going to be 720p with 30fps, because we all know it's a capable achievement, just the consoles are already dated and we're being held down by that.

I miss the days of playing on my PS2 and knowing that 90% of all games I bought were smooth as fucking ice and playing like a breeze, nowadays you've got to hope and dream until you shit your pants when you realize you just spent $100 on a game that plays like piss and can barely hold your interest for twenty minutes.

So, no, despite what you may consider a "rational" thought, you barely tackle what seems to be the issue here. You say that the game may not be ugly, well, that doesn't matter, we were shown a working edition of a game, if the final result looks worse in comparison then that is a fucking failure on behalf of the developers, for whatever reason it may be. Sure, we can settle for the sub-par in comparison graphics of the next-gen consoles, we can stand idly by as the next four to eight years are filled with shit games that just spend millions of dollars trying to get the most out of the piles of shit before the big-wigs release the next set of consoles which will put them ahead, but still behind PC and we'll sit through the cycle all over again.

As to your comment about consoles making the most money for the devs, I read a post earlier saying exactly this:

In quarter 13/14 Ubisoft made the most money on the PC platform per their own documents. 

https://www.ubisoftg...tcm99143202.pdf

24 percent PC

22 percent Xbox One

20 percent PS3

13 percent PS4

7 percent Xbox one

I can't be arsed reading it, I imagine it's probably got more asterisks than you could poke a waffle at but at the very least it shows that the PC gaming market is substantial and not something to be over-looked, however, we're getting the shit end of the dick here as it's being jammed down our throats whilst we throw our money at them. It's not just PC, console gamers to, consumers in general within the video gaming industry are losing out every second and majority of us couldn't care less and that's the saddest part.

We need less people like you, less people who are okay with this, to be completely honest, complacency is never a welcome attribute amongst the consumer, you're bending over and allowing them to slide that wooden bat so far up your arse that you can taste it on the tip of your tongue as your licking their assholes. Personally? I'm going to pirate everything here-on from Ubisoft until they decide to stop intentionally shafting their customers, that's if I even want to play any of their shitty games anyway.

Where does Ubisoft get the idea from anyway to narrow the gap?  As xentric mentioned, why would a console only gamer care if it looks good on PC?  Why does it have to be artificially "equal" across the board?  Are Microsoft and Sony telling them to do this or just flat out laziness / stupidity from the devs / publisher to optimize the game on each platform?

I'm pretty sure Microsoft and Sony play a huge part in this he even said "marketing politics plays into this a lot as well." obviously they want to milk the cow for another 5+ years. Sony looses money on their consoles which means they have to make money in the long run, by controlling the market and gradually increasing the graphics as they see fit they can increase the lifespan of their consoles which is how they profit.

ubisoft-fuck.jpg

should be the other way around.

ubisoft are

Capatilists

Undermining

Normal

T....

Stupidly

Fuck it, there just cunts.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

brb pirating every ubisoft game i can get my hands on as revenge

Ryzen 7600X | MSI Trio X 3080 | 3440x1440p asus vg34vql1b | Antec HCG 850 | 1TB WD Blue SSD | 500GB Aorus Elite | Asus B650 Strix A

Just goes to show how out of touch Ubisoft is with it's pc playerbase.  I'm sure someone will come up with a mod that improves the graphics though.