Ubisoft Massive Sweden leak on Division downgrade

deathjester

Do console players really care about how much better a game looks on PC? I don't think they do. I think most console players are very aware that playing on a PC they could have a better experience but they choose not to.

I hope Ubisolf and every other publisher learn from this. Ubisolf admit to reducing the gap was a huge mistake. If they would have released the game has it was originally intended they wouldn't be getting such a huge backlash. 

These consoles are in a fight for their lives. They sold good initially, but the Xbox One sales atm are pathetic.The only place Xbox has ever done well is in the West. PS4 is doing well, but that is because you have idiotic compressed video comparisons on sites like IGN where the console can look close to a PC. People who own PS4's actually think you need a 3000 dollar Titan Z to get better graphics than the PS4. These consoles also have no exclusives worth a damn this year, so Destiny has to be a huge hit to push sales.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames#3

Halo and Destiny (Xbox One) are on page 3 and dropping.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames#4

The 399 Xbox is at 66 and dropping.

Now you have the clown "journalists" on IGN thinking consoles should be like phones and be upgraded in yearly or bi yearly cycles with backwards compatibility. 

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/21/will-the-xbox-one-and-ps4-be-10-year-consoles-tech-fetish-podcast

You know what? I hope they do this. I would rather MS embrace PC's, make the Xbox stream PC games and share the library and kill Sony, but whatever. If people are this gullible and want to get bent over this badly by MS/Sony? Go for it. At least I will get games that aren't as sabotaged as they are currently.

MS plays it's part in this as well. Direct X 11.2 and Mantle can share memory between GPU/CPU. Unified memory limitation of PC is artificial and since Ubisoft refuses to use DX 11.2 and MS refuses to give Windows 7 11.2, all Ubisoft games will probably stutter and run like crap (since they built the Watch Dogs engine around it), with inflated VRAM requirements on the games. This is from the Mantle conference with EA. So we have Ubisoft in bed with Sony Pictures on a Watch Dogs movie, MS screwing us over on ports with an API and the one company who will use 11.2 on games is EA, which makes my head want to explode. 

slide-18-638.jpg?cb=1396538666

So basically we are getting screwed over by MS/Sony and companies in bed with them like Ubisoft and Ubisoft can run their mouth about unified memory (which this guy did in the interview) and use an older DirectX due to the new one not being on Win 7 and say this is a weakness of the PC. Add to that we don't have Nvidia complaining because now they can sell us higher VRAM cards. 

Nvidia should have been up at arms with Ubisoft, since they were a partner in the game and packaged it with their GPU's. Have we heard anything from them? Not one word. They have 6gb GPU's they want to sell us.

Ubisoft is a POS company for selling out, but I blame MS just as much or more for holding back PC gaming, and giving these companies an excuse. If DirectX 11.2 was not a Windows 8/Xbox One exclusive, then Watch Dogs wouldn't have these stuttering problems. It would still be downgraded but it wouldn't run like @$%^. 

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2013/06/28/directx-11-2/

"Designed to allow a game to use both system RAM and graphics RAM to store textures, Leblond claimed that tiled resources will enable DirectX 11.2 games to vastly improve the resolution of textures displayed in-game. By way of proof, Leblond showed off a demonstration that used a claimed 9GB of texture data - the majority of which was held in system RAM, rather than graphics RAM.

It's a clever trick, and one that could help boost the quality of future PC games - but it's one that will require those who have yet to take the plunge to upgrade their operating systems. Leblond confirmed that Direct3D 11.2 will be the first version of the API to support tiled resources, and that it will be exclusive to Windows 8.1 on the PC as well as featuring in Microsoft's next-generation Xbox One console."

Total Biscuit wants to single out Sony. He should be talking about MS just as much. They are the ones intentionally holding back an API that kills our performance in next gen ports.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

How is ubisoft different from EA?

I think EA has realised that they need to change, and at least (appear) to be trying to. 

Ubisoft wants to be what EA is hated for...

EA makes good PC versions Ubisoft does not.

Battlefield 3 as an example is a complete different game on PC from graphics to gameplay.

The PC version has more players,better graphics,bigger maps,PC tweaked UI,different mini map types,commo rose ect.

And EA made Crysis and that is pretty much the show off franchise for PC graphics.

RTX2070OC 

I love you, Ubisoft.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

At least with the previous gen the gap was so large they couldn't begin to try this type of thing.

To be honest I hate this situation, I hope one day PC userbase is so huge that AAA PC titles will be showcased alongside console games and everyone can clearly see that the power levels are completely different even now, that is the ideal future for me, when something is in plain sight and no amount of corporate bullshit can hide it from view.

I also hope that one day CDProjekt are a huge company and can show up the disparity in attitudes among game developers and also publishers with a bit more weight.

Ok seriously fuck man

Fuck

How the fuck do we go tell them to fuck off and that we spend thousands and hundreds over consoles for good looking shit

Like fuck

Dumb stupid fucks

Fuck ubisoft

Time to appreciate EA

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I have already decided to not buy a Ubisoft game for a while. I played Watch Dogs but I feel really bad after playing it. I would love a refund but I doubt I will ever get one. 

Steam or Origin?

Origin might give you your money back if you complain the game wasn't as advertised and was sold to you with false marketing.

Steam will tell you to go fuck yourself.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Steam or Origin?

Origin might give you your money back if you complain the game wasn't as advertised and was sold to you with false marketing.

TPB on the other hand offers only the cold hand of justice to the purveyor of the junkware.

Do console players really care about how much better a game looks on PC? 

Sadly yes, yes they do. They've been re-educated with propaganda for far too long and is not uncommon for console gamers to call PC gamers "idiots with too much money"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Ubisoft is dead to me. They already lost all my respect when they started with uPlay and the online DRM by this is just worse than that. This is worse than Electronic Arts level of doing business. I mean yeah, EA is evil but they don't artificially limit progress so that a couple of "irrelevant on arrival" platforms continue to be relevant.

I'm glad I learn all of this during the Steam sales. It's saving me a lot of money.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Steam or Origin?

Well, it depends. The unspoken rule with Steam is that you generally get one refund per account, and then you're kinda done. A refund of the $60 Watch Dogs seems like a good use of that one refund to me.

EDIT: Wooo 1k posts...

as it stands, there is definitely a lot of push coming from publishers to not make the experience so different on consoles as to alienate people into thinking that next generation is not as powerful as PC

Wholehearted admittance of publishers not willing to let the truth leak out. Consoles wouldn't be too bad, if publishers simply treated the situation well. No one should deny that PC is superior in terms of power. Console manufacturers should market their systems as living room machines with exclusive titles and simplicity. Not power.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Well, it depends. The unspoken rule with Steam is that you generally get one refund per account, and then you're kinda done. A refund of the $60 Watch Dogs seems like a good use of that one refund to me.

EDIT: Wooo 1k posts...

Steam refused to refund me on a preorder :L

This was many months ago. But yeah good luck OP try get a refund.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Steam or Origin?

Steam obviously. It wasn't even on sale so I bought it at full price. I knew I wouldn't get a refund but I still feel like I should be able to get one. I think any game that doesn't live up to the marketing hype or marketing lies should be refundable through any online vendor. But Valve doesn't want to deal with all that which is up to them at the end of the day.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Steam refused to refund me on a preorder :L

This was many months ago. But yeah good luck OP try get a refund.

How much stuff you have on your steam account? Because if you really want to make a point (Not only to Ubi but to Valve) you can charge back that on your credit card.

-------

Current Rig

-------

This makes me rage... :angry:

The quote is from an unnamed insider source, so keep in mind to take it with a grain of salt.

Still, it certainly wouldn't surprise me for it to be true...

That quote is from an unnamed insider source, so keep in mind take it with a grain of salt.

Still, it certainly wouldn't surprise me for it to be true...

I really don't think it's that out of term: You can tell Ubi is flatout lying by just looking at the performance of the un-nerf mod. You can also use spec sheets and common sense to know they are lying when they say that FC4 on consoles will be equivalent to very high/ultra settings on PC

Sadly, Ubi has done most of the job themselves with their stupid fucking PR to give credibility to this rumor since they literally lie to us.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Steam obviously. It wasn't even on sale so I bought it at full price. I knew I wouldn't get a refund but I still feel like I should be able to get one. I think any game that doesn't live up to the marketing hype or marketing lies should be refundable through any online vendor. But Valve doesn't want to deal with all that which is up to them at the end of the day.

Actually its not , its up to consumer protection laws. Valve can't say nope no refunds if a product lies its way on to the market.

Looks like I will never play watchdogs ubisoft can keep their equal games. I will give my money to developers who deserve it.

To quote Charles zi Britannia

"All men ... are NOT created equal! Some are born swifter afoot, some with greater beauty, some are born into poverty and others born sick and feeble. Both in birth and upbringing, in sheer scope of ability every human is inherently different; Yes that is why people discriminate against one another, which is why there is struggle, competition and the unfaltering march of progress. Inequality is not wrong, equality is. What of the E.U. which made equality a right? Rabble politics by a popularity contest. The Chinese Federation with its equal distribution of wealth? A nation of lazy dullards. But not our beloved Britannia, we fight, we compete, evolution is continuous. Britannia alone moves forward, advancing steadily into the future. Even the death of my son, Clovis, demonstrates Britannia's unswerving commitment to progress. We will fight on, we shall struggle, compete, plunder and dominate, and in the end, the future shall be ours. ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!!!!!"

The PC version

"All platforms ... are NOT created equal! Some are born with faster CPU's , some with greater GPU's , some are born into xbox's and others born into playstations.  Both in creation and upgrading, in sheer scope of ability every platform is inherently different; Yes that is why people discriminate against each platform, which is why the is there is competition and the unfaltering march of progress. Inequality is not wrong equality is. ALL HAIL PC mustard race!!!!!"

I could have continued but I got a bit lazy and truthfully ran out of ideas. Its hard to match PC benefits with the ideals of a crazy racist.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I think it's great EA has a refund policy with Origin, and I wish Valve had something similar, maybe something like 'refunds within 4-5 hours of playtime since install'.

I've always been curious about how the refunds work. Does EA then try to get reimbursed for the refund from the developer/publisher(assuming it's not already an EA title)?

The real problem here is that companies become too big and earn a big ego, therefore they think that anything they do or say won't be scrutinized by the community and even if it is, so what because they'll still sell millions of copies and make billions of dollars because lets face it, that's all they care about. This happened to EA and it happened with Microsoft and it's happening to Ubisoft. What needs to happen is we just need to stop supporting them. Stop buying their games, stop giving them any sort of credit and if you still want to play their games, pirate or buy used copies (they wont make any money off used copies). I will only play EA & Ubisoft games if I aquire them illegally or used copies. OR if they are dirt cheap (just bought AC3 for $5 on steam).

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

I think it's great EA has a refund policy with Origin, and I wish Valve had something similar, maybe something like 'refunds within 4-5 hours of playtime since install'.

I've always been curious about how the refunds work. Does EA then try to get reimbursed for the refund from the developer/publisher(assuming it's not already an EA title)?

That wont work with steam, there's a lot of games that only have 4-5 hours of gameplay in them lol. Maybe for big AAA titles or something but even then, meh. Free weekends are cool we just need more of them.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

I would imagine they put a hold on the money for a certain amount of time before they hand it off to the developers.

I don't even know what to say about this. Ubisoft has really gone down hill and one can only hope that if they see and aknowledge the current outrage that the comunity has been in and that they will come out, and maybe still not admit to what they did, but in some way say that their next games won't fall victim to what they have done in the past.

As it stands, they are just a joke and should be treated like one.

If its true I'm certainly done with ubisoft... You don't just make 2k+ res textures (analogy) for everything in the game and then just say "Nope you don't get to have it because console can't run it!". Whats next, locking games to 30fps because consoles can't handle 120+fps? Games don't need to have ridiculously high graphical fidelity, but don't remove graphic features that have already been made and give us BS reasoning for removal...

I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymo

Seriously, let us just move to another planet and make our own games

Hit up Elon Musk. Heard he's heading to Mars :) 

Gaming PC: CPU: 4770k @ 4.0Ghz GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 RAM: 16GB Corsair vengeance 1600Mhz Mobo: ASRock Extreme 9/AC PSU: Corsair AX760i Case: Corsair 750D CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i HDD: Samsung EVO 250GB, 1TB HDD, 4TB HDD