Skyrim Mods

Vicente Gomez

Hold on, let me give you my list of mods I recommend. Edits in a moment!

EDIT

Recommended:

System & Bugs:

SkyUI

Unofficial Skyrim patch

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
Unofficial Heartfire Patch

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

Unofficial high Resolution Pack Patch

A Matter of Time

Fores New Idles

ENBs:

BLEAK & UNBLEAK ENB

Opethfeldt

Unreal Cinema

Stakado Cinemascope

Stakado Realistic and Cinematic

RealVision

Project ENB

A Realistic Hope

Real Like ENB

Overhauls + Immersion:

Immersive Weapons

Immersive Armors

Immersive Patrols

Immersive Creatures

Immersive HUD

Immersive Sounds

Immersive Animations (requires other mods!)

Immersive First Person View (requires other mods!)

Immersive NPC in the dark

Immersive Wenches

Pipe Smoking

Travel by Boat

Get Snowy

Moonlight Tales

Werewolf Mastery

Convenient Horses

Skyrim Flora Overhaul

Pure Waters

Realistic Waters Two

Pure Weather

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul

Frostfall

Climates of Tamriel

Audio Overhaul

Sounds of Skyrim (my favorite sound related mod)

Ethereal Elven Overhaul

Player Headtracking

Grass on Steroids

Textures + Improvements:

I would link to female/male skin, texture and body mods but I'm not sure if that would break rules here. lol

Skyrim  HD + 2K Textures

Improved NPC Clothing

Static Mesh Improvement (SMIM)

aMidianBorn Book of Silence

aMidianBorn Caves and Mines

aMidianBorn Landscape

Eyes of Beauty

Brows

Beards

Dwemer Beards

High Res Face Maps for Men by Geonox

High Res Warpaint and Dirtmaps for Men by Geonox

No More Blocky Faces

ApachiiSkyHair natural Retexture

ApachiiSkyHair BASE MODE

Superior Lore-Friendly Hair HD

Better Vanilla Hair

Better Females

Women of Skyrim

SG Female Retextures

Better Males (can't link; might break rules)

Female Orc Retexture

Immersive Roads

Lovely Hairstyles

New Children

Killable Children (for those pesky bullies lol)

CoverKhajiits

Vampire Lord Retexture (amazing)

Skyrim Horses Renewal

Enhanced Horse Skin

Faster Horses

Detailed Rugs

HiRes Legible Road Signs (a must have!)

Bellyaches Fur and Quilted Saddles

XCE - Xenius Character  Enhancement

Better Shaped Weapons

HD Fire

HD Trees

HD Ivy

HD Scars

HD Foods

Natural Grass Textures

Realistic Smoke + Embers

The Paarthurnax Dilemma

Improved Dragon Textures

Footprints

Splash of Rain

No Snow Under Roofs

Real Clouds

Smoking Torches

Tropical Skyrim (Careful! Replaces Skyrim!)

Prides of Skyrim

New Places + Houses + Followers:

Falskaar

Wyrmstooth

Moonpath to Elsweyr

Bijin Warmaidens

Valkyrja

Hoth

Armor, Weapons, Clothing etc etc:

Cloaks of Skyrim

Winter is Coming (another cloaks mod)

Ashara Princess of the Woods

Bandolier - Bags and Pouches

Unique Dragon Priest Masks - HD textures by skyrimaguas

Isilmeriel LOTR Weapons Collection

Weapons of a Third Era

Insanity Shields

Mantle of the Silver Hand

Nordic Ranger Outfit

Bellyaches Animal and Creature Pack

Bellyaches New Dragon Species and Ohdaviing Replacer

Horse Armor

More Saddles

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

whole bunch all depends on what your play style is for me its immersion 

the followings are a must not going to link most of them are on the nexus though 

skyrim script extender (skse) 

skyrim 2k textures 

SKui 

wet and cold 

iHUD

skryim redone 

just to name a few :) 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Logan and Pistol have pretty nice setups for Skyrim mods, cover a lot of the basic like ENBs, survival mods, nice armors, etc.

The nexus is nice to keep up, this particular channel is very nexus centric but usually gives nicer updates in video form:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Brodual

And I'll let you determine what sort of Skyrim mods you can find here by just reading it's URL....

http://www.loverslab.com/

-------

Current Rig

-------

Hold on, let me give you my list of mods I recommend. Edits in a moment!

edit?

Here's what I have right now. Going to install more mods now that it's summer.

KZbQAhy.png

edit?

See post. Sorry a bit late, I'm still not done with it but I have a lot of for now. :)

EDIT

Okay, I think I completed my list now. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

My must-have mods... I have a lot more installed, but these are the ones I can't play the game without.

Alternate Start - Live Another Life

Immersive Armors

Immersive Weapons

SkyUI (requires Skyrim Script Extender, of course)

Immersive HUD

Enhanced Blood Textures (you'll see why when you use it)

Realistic Ragdolls and Force (enemies drop like potatoes from arrows and swords, but are still thrown by shouts, etc...)

The Sounds of Skyrim series (all 3... Wilds, Ciilization, and Dungeons. They add so much atmosphere to the game)

Better Dynamic Snow (seriously)

Finally... INIGO! Because he's really an awesome follower.

Like I said, I have a lot more installed, but these are the ones I include with each installation. They're my must-haves. 

Besides... most of the texture packs and ENB/lighting overhauls are very subjective. A lot of people love ENB, but I personally hate it and use Realistic Colors and Realistic Nights (RCRN). For me, RCRN has a better overall look without destroying the art direction of the game, and doesn't have useless, annoying effects like ridiculous depth of field and super high contrast bloom lighting.

Of course, you may like ENB... and that's okay if you do.

Now... one thing I will suggest... don't download your mods from the Steam Workshop. There are a few that are only available there (such as A Tale of Tongues, which is a very good shout improvement mod), but unless you're forced to get a mod from there, don't. Use the Skyrim Nexus instead.

I would also suggest downloading and using a mod manager like the Nexus Mod Manager (makes it very easy to download mods from that site and will install them automatically), and then download a mod organizer like LOOT, which will modify your load orders for you, which should make it easier to manage your mods and avoid common load order errors.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

I actually wrote a rather embarrassing guide to modding last week for some of my friends, enjoy the ridiculous English I used: http://tiny.cc/nextgenrim

I've made some changes to my mod choices though and I haven't really updated it yet so it might not be exactly as I want it.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

I actually wrote a rather embarrassing guide to modding last week for some of my friends, enjoy the ridiculous English I used: http://tiny.cc/nextgenrim

I've made some changes to my mod choices though and I haven't really updated it yet so it might not be exactly as I want it.

Is there an easier 'quick and dirty' way to learn how to mod?

post-52929-0-23367900-1403535388.jpg

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

Is there an easier 'quick and dirty' way to learn how to mod?

attachicon.giffa5.jpg

Check out Gopher's videos if you're a complete beginner to modding, he has some nice tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/GophersVids

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

Check out Gopher's videos if you're a complete beginner to modding, he has some nice tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/GophersVids

This x1000!!! Followed his videos and it was so easy to mod. 

Also, for ENB, I'm using sharpshooters extreme graphics ENB: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15105/?

I had added a vast amount of visual mods and yet it still didn't "pop". Still didn't quite look real enough. Then I added this ENB and BOOM!!!

Just be careful - If you have a fairly high-end system (i5 or FX-8320+) at least 8GB ram and a mid-high-end GPU then you should be ok. Some of these mods can really take a performance hit on your machine. I still get 60fps+ at 1080p ultra with a mountain of mods, but depending on where I am and what's going on, I have seen it dip into the 40's. 

You'll also most likely run into the ram-glitch. Once the game hits a little over 3GB of ram usage, it'll CTD. It's nothing unusual and it will happen on occasion - more so if you have a lot of mods. Just get used to it and save your game frequently.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Yup I've never modded anything ever and I got it down from Gopher pretty quickly  :D

now I AM A MOD GOD!

post-52929-0-51576500-1403557222.jpg

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

My favourite ENB is the Kountervibe ENB. The ENBs made by Kyokushinoyama are probably the most graphically intensive around, drops me right down to 30 FPS. He had taken down the mod page for quite a while, but they have recently returned here: http://www.deadendthrills.com/forum/discussion/75/enb-preset-kyo-s-tesv-skyrim-enbs

My favourite ENB is the Kountervibe ENB. The ENBs made by Kyokushinoyama are probably the most graphically intensive around, drops me right down to 30 FPS. He had taken down the mod page for quite a while, but they have recently returned here: http://www.deadendthrills.com/forum/discussion/75/enb-preset-kyo-s-tesv-skyrim-enbs

Wow! That is one impressive ENB! God I wish I had a GPU to use it.

And those screenshots look very professional :o

use real vision

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/?

there is a list on mods on this page

also:

http://www.asot.es/2001/09/skyrim-mods.html

CPU: i7 3820 4.0GHz  CPU Cooler: Corsair H80  RAM: 16GB 1600MHz  MotherBoard: ASUS Sabertooth x79  GPU: EVGA 780 ti  PSU: Cougar GX1050 80plus gold  CASE: Antec 1100

Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeH6RheyXBWjRGRcF0ZTilA

What's your setup like? You can customize your ENB pretty easily, take out or turn down effects you don't care about, or substitute some of the using the graphics card options, game options, or SweetFX

My setup is using iGPU graphics to get by at the moment, but:

CPU: i5-4670k & Cooler Master 212 EVO @ 3.8ghz MOBO: MSI Z87-G55 PSU: Corsair CX600M RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4 @ 1600mhz Case: Cooler Master HAF 912

Yea, I tried customizing ENBs once. I ended up making the impact on my performance even worse. I'm not exactly sure what options being edited would be beneficial for me. Also, I never heard of SweetFX. :o

Holy crap, can you install all that at the same time? How long does it take to install those. Damn.

I haven't modded an ES game since Morrowind and that was a bitch with mod compatibility, is there still conflicting mods?

Damn, I just got Skyrim on Steam purely for modding, since I already 100%:ed it on the Xbox360 when it came out.

Some of them I cannot install, like the ENBs (except Skatado's ENB) and some of the female mods because I already have some (I gave more for options) but yes, I have everything in that list installed but the Khajiit mods at the moment. I also have Fores New Idles mod and some animation mods I didn't include in it. I'm a mod fanatic. I would have way more mods and at their highest quality if I had some more power! :lol:

Oh wait, Werewolf mastery and XCE - Xenius Character  Enhancement isn't installed either. I couldn't get them to work on my fresh install of Skyrim. Been meaning to fix it... :blush:

Shlongs of Skyrim.

Dick physics increase game performance, replay value, immersion and realism.

DISCIPLE OF HIS HOLINESS, GABEN FIRST OF HIS NAME FOR NOW AND THE END OF TIME

STEAM - Brendson | ORIGIN - LGBrendson | BATTLE.NET - Brendson#2793

PLACES TO FOLLOW ME - Pastebin

Shlongs of Skyrim.

Dick physics increase game performance, replay value, immersion and realism.

It makes sense. Clears up some room for your character. :P

Wow, you'd help me optimize my Skyrim on iGPU? That's so kind of you! Thank you.  ^_^ 

Well, if you have the time: I think I pretty much have all the mods I want (some weapon mods etc might come out that I might add) and I currently do no have any incompatible issues, CTDs or the like so I believe everything is installed correctly. How may I share my enb, enb, local etc etc with you if/when you have time?

I'm saving up for a GPU so I don't have to do this anymore, but apparently Intel HD 4600 can run it on high settings @ 1080p with an overclock (1,1Ghz-1,25Ghz), but that I have heard decreases CPU lifespan from the insane heat so it isn't "worth" it. Plus, I don't know how to. lol I'll see if I can further improve my FPS without ENB tonight. :)

you can either send me a copy of the file or just post your setting exactly as they are. If you're going to get a new GPU soon, I would just hold off if I were you (then you need an ENTIRE new set of tweaks and might even want to ditch some mods and features which may or may not mess up your game). But otherwise look around for optimization mods, then tell me which one's you have and I'll tell you witch ones (that I can remember) that you may still need to get before you even consider running effects on eNB, A good example of how ENB can be better than the vanilla settings is the shadows. It produces much better shadows than the vanilla game, I used to turn them super super low and just crank the shadows up on the ENB slightly and I got much better performance with amazing shadows. This is a game where overclocking your CPU can make a huge diffrence, you'll see some pretty big gains at least if you're using a lot of script mods or something like that. I've seen increases of anywhere from 10-20 fps just by going from stock clocks to overclocks with less dips. But keep in mind, every modded skyrim is different though. What you can do right now is post your load order, and list any Root Folder(such as SKSE) or plugins that I can't see in your load order. That way if I can't get to them all, or if I don't know it off the top of my head, or just run out of time, maybe someone else will.

Purchasing a GPU won't be very soon, sadly. I had a lot things pop up lately. Absolutely frustrating...

Sending the enb files would be easier I think. I put them in a .rar, I hope that is fine?

As for optimization mods, I currently use: FPS Background Booster (with skse), Skyrim Performance PLUS, and Skyrim Project Optimization. I use Sky Configuration Tool, as well, to make edits to the shadows. Which has given me a boost and a visual upgrade (get ugly wave shadow lines without it). I also recently tried the dll file for the proxy feature to get a boost. I saw a boost on my old 8600 GT but on iGPU, the performance got worse. I might have accidentally switched out the dlls though, so I plan to retry tonight.

As for the mod list (that's the load order, right? I used BOSS to acquire it), I went through uninstalling stuff I thought was unnecessary or old stuff I know longer used/wanted. So I'll send that with the enb files. I cut the list down by a lot and the game doesn't CTD or anything. :)

That's what I heard about overclocking and I really want to try it out (at least go to 4.0GHz from 3.8GHz), but I can't find any "newbie" friendly guides out there. All the ones I have found use terms etc etc that I do not understand and talk about the features like the reader should already know them. As for other root folders, I currently have:

Root: http://s4.postimg.org/6k4aljifh/root_folders.png

Within "DATA" Folder: http://s28.postimg.org/wxbsynli5/plugins_etc.png

I keep my installs safe, by the way, by keeping rars of clean or working installs. It has saved me countless times. B)

Sorry for hijacking the post OP, I am modding Skyrim too. I would like to to ask how many 4k textures I can run before I hit my VRAM limit? I have a 3GB GTX 780 only.

you can use programs like ssme http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50305/? and enboost http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38649/? to give you more room to add more mods and texture files, SSME is amazing as it doubles the startup memory block from 256 to 512mb, this reduces the random crashes you get because it takes a lot to fill 512mb in game, Enboost reduces the strain on the ram and because if Skyrim hits 3.1 gb of ram it will crash, its worth using as it doesnt effect performance and it actually can incease it in some cases, all ENB's come with this if you have them installed btw so you wont need to download it.

My PC rig: I7-4790, Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87, EVGA GTX 780 SC ATX 6GB, Thermaltake Urban S31 Case with Window, Corsair RM 850, Samsung Evo 120gb SSD, 5TB HDD, Kingston Hyper 1866 8GB RAM