The Man-Cave [99.9% Complete]

smogsy

After Xmas going to sort stuff out

cant wait to see :)

• 4 weeks later...

right guys  for my project i need YOUR HELP

1. Need to find a Good Desk [Or custom build one] Need ideas on shape or design to match the room

Suggestions on colours or desk models would be nice!

2. How to get my PC further away from me (quieter etc) / atm thinking 10m USB cable + Displayport

any ideas?

3. Im thinking of getting a display cabinet to show off Old Tech /Motherboards/GPU's etc to bring some theme to the cabin.

-  i also want to have a shelf dedicated to Good Developers. Please suggestion places to get good merc to show off things like below

- Who are the good developers Im thinking Vavle/Cd Projects/Blizzard < is that it?

4. Looking at 4K, but not much content out yet

5. Any other suggestions to make this place even better!

3182093013_12f190a131_z.jpg

you joking right?  :P

I sure am.

Seriously now, Codemasters,(they made Dirt1/2/3/Showdown, Grid 1/2).Also United Front Games(the guys who m,ade Sleeping Dogs, and are working on Triad Wars, the pc-only, multiplayer-only  sequel)

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

I sure am.

Seriously now, Codemasters,(they made Dirt1/2/3/Showdown, Grid 1/2).Also United Front Games(the guys who m,ade Sleeping Dogs, and are working on Triad Wars, the pc-only, multiplayer-only sequel)

Love grid, u really should honor codemasters.

Love grid, u really should honor codemasters.

I have it on retail dvd, such a shame I can't activate it on steam, same goes for dirt 3

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

2. How to get my PC further away from me (quieter etc) / atm thinking 10m USB cable + Displayport

any ideas?

That Length is not supported within the USB standard. Wiki says 5 meters max for 1.1 and 2.0 and only 3 for 3. If you go over that: expect a lot of issues regarding connectivity, I failed to get a webcam to run with that length of cable. The time the signal has to travel from host to client is important if wiki is to be belived.

You could try wireless USB and wireless HDMI. I stress TRY, this is a clear case for amazon. Order it, try it and then send it back probably. Displayport should work over that distance (start with a cheapish cable, remember what linus said ;))  My favourite German hardware sites had no wireless hdmi from a big name company (or at least as far as I recognize) so: wireless hdmi could work great, could be really terrible. Wired hdmi is capped at 15m in the definition of the standard. Display port should get you further but then we are getting into regions where wireless USB transmission does not suffice.

Peripherals should work if they are of the wireless variety at that distance. As stated before: USB only goes so far the only thing I could come up with in terms of transmitting input over distance would be to use some kind of remote desktop thing but that adds network latency. Basically for gaming its: As far as your wireless mouse goes and then you have to get at your PC to quiet it down, provided a wireless USB hub does not work.

That Length is not supported within the USB standard. Wiki says 5 meters max for 1.1 and 2.0 and only 3 for 3. If you go over that: expect a lot of issues regarding connectivity, I failed to get a webcam to run with that length of cable. The time the signal has to travel from host to client is important if wiki is to be belived.

You could try wireless USB and wireless HDMI. I stress TRY, this is a clear case for amazon. Order it, try it and then send it back probably. Displayport should work over that distance (start with a cheapish cable, remember what linus said ;))  My favourite German hardware sites had no wireless hdmi from a big name company (or at least as far as I recognize) so: wireless hdmi could work great, could be really terrible. Wired hdmi is capped at 15m in the definition of the standard. Display port should get you further but then we are getting into regions where wireless USB transmission does not suffice.

or one of those fancy glass-fiber-cables

or one of those fancy glass-fiber-cables

That will give massive bragging rights and superiorst quality over distance. But the question is the input devices after 15 Meters.

3976509223.pngDat spped Bro!

4032901238.png

Pretty sure this is better.

Project Virtus:

CPU: i7-4790K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming 5 Memory:  G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB HDD: WD Black 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB GPU: Msi GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4 Case: Corsair Spec-02 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2

any others? apart from Blizz Codemasters Vavle & CD Projects?

id software is an obvious one, wolfenstein, doom, quake etc

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

maybe check out the ebbe gehl desk at John Lewis, if you want more oak.

4032901238.png

Pretty sure this is better.

Nah man, look at this. :P Gotta love shitty ISPs.

4033837604.png

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Nah man, look at this. :P Gotta love shitty ISPs.

4033837604.png

I don't even know what to say.

Project Virtus:

CPU: i7-4790K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming 5 Memory:  G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB HDD: WD Black 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB GPU: Msi GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4 Case: Corsair Spec-02 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2

I don't even know what to say.

Stay away from Charter unless you can get decent speeds. They don't give a fuck about those paying for low speeds like 3/1...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Gotta actually love fibre

-snip-

I'm safe frum u internet stalkrers

Too bad mine is worse than Darkman's 2.39/0.55.

Gotta love Comcast. If only FIOS extended about 10 miles further... GET TO WORK VERIZON.

@ OP

That is just awesome! Love the look you want for, as well. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

its a man shack. not a cave. You better lock that up with a few pit bulls inside at night. you are asking to get robbed.