Cable TV

bosnian_guy

Hey guys,

So Linus mentioned in his Samsung Galaxy S4 Unboxing/Overview video that he does not have a cable subscription of any sort (not Apple TV, Netflix or anything like that). I wanted to ask you the forum members what do you think of this. Do you really think that we don't longer need to have any sort of TV subscription. I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina (a small European country) and here we don't have the chance to have that many sources as you American/Canadian folks do have. Here we pay about 17.15 $ a month for 52 TV channels (not HBO or anything like that) and with that we also get Internet. My current speed is 7Mbps down and 0.95 Mbps up, and my ping is 25ms. I would love to hear your thoughts about this.

The only reason I still have cabel is because it's included in my rent, and it allows me to get cheaper internet. I pay around 50$ a month for 80 channels, landline telephone and 100/100 internet. I usually watch every thing I want to watch on Netflix, Hulu or on the govermental T.V. channels website 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Cable TV, I've done without for years now ~8 years, don't miss it one bit. Than again I own a computer :P

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

My house has DirecTV but I rarely actually watch it. I mostly catch everything online on some sort of streaming service (I have Netflix and Hulu+). If I do watch on the DirecTV it's basically just travel channel and food channel just cause of food shows. 

The only real reason i use it (in the uk) is to get cheaper internet, and also for sports. Otherwise i dont touch the thing.

CM Cosmos 2 - I5 3570k @ 4.4ghz - Corsair H100 - ASUS Maximus V Formula - 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram - 128GB Intel SSD - 500gb Western Digital HDD - Saphire Radeon HD 6950 2gb (Flashed with HD6970 bios  + Arctic cooling acellero cooler) -  

I have it, but I mainly use it to keep on top of the news, and know what is going on around the world. 

I hardly watch tv, i just watch movies on netflix and youtube videos :p

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I have to pay cable and internet service seperately . Cable tv cost  me 40USD per month and internet 35USD per month for 1mb down