So Many Keyboards And I Have Only Two Hands - Looking For Mechanical Keyboard

I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard but there are so many of them out there and I can't seem to be able to find

the one that holds all the features I want to see combined in a product.

• Cherry MX Brown switches (optional Red)
  • O-Rings
  • Lighting (preferrably blue)
  • USB ports (1-2)
  • Programmable macro keys
  • Multimedia keys optional
  • has to be a black keyboard

I had a look at all the Cherry MX switches. Blue ones seem to be about as much fun as a pet with a squeaky toy.

The mood shifts from aaaw cute to OMG I'M GONNA CUT YOU IF YOU DON'T STOP! rather quickly.

Black ones seem to be inconvenient for typing.

So I figured Brown would be the best choice for me - gaming and typing, with a felt response but without click.

I also want the O-rings to cancel the bottom out sound.

To raise the difficulty setting on this one, I'm going to need one with a German layout %5Burl=

Chances are though, if the product is mainstream enough, there will be one.

Any ideas and suggestions? Thanks %5Burl=

Oh crap. I just read that there are also White and Geen MX switches. Somebody shoot me please.

Nordic layout out of the question?

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

Nordic layout out of the question?

Yup, has to be German. Ignore the layout for now though. Is there even a keyboard with all those features?

Yup, has to be German. Ignore the layout for now though. Is there even a keyboard with all those features?

Not that I'm aware of, that's a tough list of requirements lol.  A Ducky Shine II fits your profile minus the USB pass-thru, media keys & macros?  You can create macros with certain free-ware that allows you to map keys etc.

Think you're going to have to rethink your requirements.  Also look at Logitech G710+.  http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g710plus-mechanical-gaming-keyboard

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

Thanks, guys.

I looked at the Duckies. They seem to be great but hardly available in Germany. I saw one shop that wanted 166 Euros.

166 Euros for a "plain" keyboard? Bitch, please! :blink:

Yup that G710+ has been spooking around in the back of my head as well. I just wasn't sure about the O-rings and I

wanted to see if there's anything better out there.

I wonder what drugs they were on when they decided to give it a glossy finish. :rolleyes:

Putting that aside, it's on the likely to buy list :D

Any alternatives?

Thanks, guys.

I looked at the Duckies. They seem to be great but hardly available in Germany. I saw one shop that wanted 166 Euros.

166 Euros for a "plain" keyboard? Bitch, please! :blink:

Yup that G710+ has been spooking around in the back of my head as well. I just wasn't sure about the O-rings and I

wanted to see if there's anything better out there.

I wonder what drugs they were on when they decided to give it a glossy finish. :rolleyes:

Putting that aside, it's on the likely to buy list :D

Any alternatives?

Yeah, the finish on the frame of that keyboard is not to my liking.  A more angular frame and just straight black would have been better.  Aside from that it's supposedly a good board and the closest thing to what you're looking for considering you're looking for German layout.  I'd stop searching and just pick one up.

Yeah, the finish on the frame of that keyboard is not to my liking.  A more angular frame and just straight black would have been better.  Aside from that it's supposedly a good board and the closest thing to what you're looking for considering you're looking for German layout.  I'd stop searching and just pick one up.

Already filled in a customer review on a site to get a 5 Euro voucher for a store. It's toe nail curling if you think about it.

With that one I might get the keyboard for 113 incl shipping.

I too am from germany, you can get a ducky shine 2 here:

http://www.getdigital.de/products/Ducky_Keyboard_DK9008_Shine_2

You can choose either balck, blue or brown switches and it is built realy good and if you ahve to send it back, they send someone from DHL to pick it from your doorstep for free, only had good experience with them.

I got my mx blue ducky from there but had to return it because of the clicky sound distracting me while gaming. You can send it back without any problems for 4 weeks.

The only thing is it doesn't have is makros, but you can get free software for that, the kb has 4 buttons above the numpad wich are for calc, mail, something else and something else I can not remember, I am sure you can somehow make them do whatever you want ;) The backlight is VERY strong, turned it down to the lowest setting possible, still bright enough XD

Also it is built better than the 710+ (only tried it at a store once) from what I can tell.

EDIT: Also, read the article description, it is hilarious XD

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

LOL The store is quite funny. I switched to binary and leet :D

However, that's 150 + extra for O-rings, has zero macro keys and not a single USB port. That's a tad too basic for the price, I'm afraid.

The K95 meets most of your requirements. This has a white backlight instead of your preference of blue. This is a Cherry MX Red keyboard. As for the O-rings, you can get them at WASD keyboards. This doesn't have a USB port.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

The K95 meets most of your requirements. This has a white backlight instead of your preference of blue. This is a Cherry MX Red keyboard. As for the O-rings, you can get them at WASD keyboards. This doesn't have a USB port.

Thanks :) It's not out yet though, right? Unless that price comparison site got it wrong, the keyboard should have 1x USB 2.0. Nobody's got it in stock yet but pricing starts at 140 Euros + shipping.

is there a german version of the Max Keyboard X8?

If so, that should be the winner :)

is there a german version of the Max Keyboard X8?

If so, that should be the winner :)

Thanks :D That definitely looks interesting, but I can't find it on the European market yet, let alone a German layout one.

Yeah no max key keyboards in Europe yet :|

Also the k90 isn't a bad idea. But if it's MX reds erregg I don't think it is what he is looking for.

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

You can wait for the Roccat Ryos MK Pro, fits all your requirements. German layout is also likely to be the first in the market.

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/ROCCAT-Ryos-MK-Pro/

Need keyboards just ask me, i'm addicted to these things  :P

Waiting for this keyboard myself.. Along with the trigger green

Holy crap! Shut up and take my money! :blink:

When is it supposed to be available?

The site doesn't say anything about O-rings or pricing. Damn, I want one, NAO!

According to this German article the Pro should come at 150 Euros.

Getting more and more interesting.

Holy crap! Shut up and take my money! :blink:

When is it supposed to be available?

The site doesn't say anything about O-rings or pricing. Damn, I want one, NAO!

According to this German article the Pro should come at 150 Euros.

Getting more and more interesting.

From some sources it seems to retail at 150 euros, someone sent them an email previously from comments @ the vid, they said that it's targeted to have a worldwide release on Q2 2013, so... soon :P

I am also currently deciding between a ducky shine 2 or the ryos pro with brown switches.

The roccat one looks to be really epic, a friend of mine has the isku FX and he says the drivers are awsome, you can even gain achivements like "pressed W 1337 times" or something like that and it also keeps track of which keys you press, just amazing stuff that noone needs but would be freaking cool :D

Also, i am sure it will be released with a germany layout, they are a german company and the image on the product page even shows one with the german layout, so I can pretty much guarantee that.

I'd say that if you can wait, wait for the ryos, I sure will ^^

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

From some sources it seems to retail at 150 euros, someone sent them an email previously from comments @ the vid, they said that it's targeted to have a worldwide release on Q2 2013, so... soon :P

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :D

I kept reading Q1. So Q2 then, but hopefully not a paper launch like it happens with gfx cards.

I am also currently deciding between a ducky shine 2 or the ryos pro with brown switches.

The roccat one looks to be really epic, a friend of mine has the isku FX and he says the drivers are awsome, you can even gain achivements like "pressed W 1337 times" or something like that and it also keeps track of which keys you press, just amazing stuff that noone needs but would be freaking cool :D

Also, i am sure it will be released with a germany layout, they are a german company and the image on the product page even shows one with the german layout, so I can pretty much guarantee that.

I'd say that if you can wait, wait for the ryos, I sure will ^^

The video already had a QWERTZU layout :D

I'm very excited about this, would have ordered the G710+ next week but now I'm convinced I need the Roccat one.

I just wonder about O-rings. Haven't seen any info about those yet.

Earlier today I poked a mate, who works at Notebooksbilliger. He'll ask a colleague next week to see if they have a date for the keyboard.

The video already had a QWERTZU layout :D

I'm very excited about this, would have ordered the G710+ next week but now I'm convinced I need the Roccat one.

I just wonder about O-rings. Haven't seen any info about those yet.

Earlier today I poked a mate, who works at Notebooksbilliger. He'll ask a colleague next week to see if they have a date for the keyboard.

Nice, secret information, make sure to tell me if you find out about the date ok? :D

Don't worry tooo much about o-rings, the switches are not that loud, it is just the noise of it bottoming out that is audible, but if you can touchtype(which you will lern with an MX brown keyboard I am sure, it means not bottoming out) it is just as quiet as with o-rings, since those just prevent the switch from bottoming out ;)

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Ryos looks to be very nice but too bulky for my tastes.  So, will it have more than 1 LED color or is blue it?

Nice, secret information, make sure to tell me if you find out about the date ok? :D

Don't worry tooo much about o-rings, the switches are not that loud, it is just the noise of it bottoming out that is audible, but if you can touchtype(which you will lern with an MX brown keyboard I am sure, it means not bottoming out) it is just as quiet as with o-rings, since those just prevent the switch from bottoming out ;)

I know but I want to keep the noise down as much as possible. I used 3-4 different Microsoft Natural keyboards ages

ago.One night, a mate came over and told me he had heard me typing from down the street. Ehrm yeah ... :rolleyes:

I can still order them from that other place and AFAIK shipping wasn't that much of a killer. Oh well, I could just wait and

see how much noise it really makes.

Ryos looks to be very nice but too bulky for my tastes.  So, will it have more than 1 LED color or is blue it?

As far as I saw, there was only blue. I didn't see anything about light options just like they offer switch options.

If the keyboard had a way to let you pick a colour on the fly, like the G19 does via software, they would have shown it off.

As far as I saw, there was only blue. I didn't see anything about light options just like they offer switch options.

If the keyboard had a way to let you pick a colour on the fly, like the G19 does via software, they would have shown it off.

They would've taken the market by storm with ease with an RGB mechanical keyboard with any switches the users like ^^

#KILLEDMYWIFE

I would have liked the ryos in red but considering the features i won't mind blue i guess :)

Planning a Black/Red build next cuz i'm using white/blue now