How to have 2 backrounds for 2 displays?

spwath
Go to solution Solved by spwath,

Hmm I don't know sorry, I use Windows 7 but I have virtualised Windows 8 via virtual machine software and know that it shouldn't be behaving like that. I'll have to look into that for you. As far as any free software goes, no sorry, however some other members may be able to help you with that. :)

I got it. Dis[play fusion free

How do i have 2 differnt backrounds for 2 different displays? windows makes both the same.

Displays are different res'es

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

there are a few different programs you can download that will do this for you

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

there are a few different programs you can download that will do this for you

What are some good free ones?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

@spwath, what version of Windows are you running, Windows 7 or 8?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

@spwath, what version of Windows are you running, Windows 7 or 8?

Then you should be able have two different wallpapers on each monitor. All you should have to do is right click on the desktop and change the background on the main monitor and then do the same to the other by the same method. Feel free to ask if you need any further assistance. :D

Then you should be able have two different wallpapers on each monitor. All you should have to do is right click on the desktop and change the background on the main monitor and then do the same to the other by the same method. Feel free to ask if you need any further assistance. :D

Doesnt work. Changes both.

Doesnt work. Changes both.

That's weird. It shouldn't be doing that. :huh:

That's weird. It shouldn't be doing that. :huh:

Know of any way to fix, or of a good free software?

Know of any way to fix, or of a good free software?

Hmm I don't know sorry, I use Windows 7 but I have virtualised Windows 8 via virtual machine software and know that it shouldn't be behaving like that. I'll have to look into that for you. As far as any free software goes, no sorry, however some other members may be able to help you with that. :)

I got it. Dis[play fusion free

Get display fusion. 

Build: Fx-8120@4.1ghz,  Gtx770@1.0ghz,  16gb Patriot memory,  Cheap case from thermaltake

Get display fusion.

Did you not see what I marked solved?

I don't think he did but nevertheless he's still trying to be helpful so you still thank him for that.

BTW I don't think the word display as a "[" in it. ;)

No

Build: Fx-8120@4.1ghz,  Gtx770@1.0ghz,  16gb Patriot memory,  Cheap case from thermaltake

I am not sure atm but I think I just openned photoshop, created canvas size 2560x1024 (2x 1280x1024) and put my two favorite wallpapers on it and then set it as background. (W7 home) Probably had to play with "personilaze" settings a little. Cant remember exactly, sorry.

I tried display fusion, free version but it fu**ed up my windows and had to reinstall.... But thats just me :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

As others have mentioned, displayfusion is a great choice, but it's not the only program that allows this. Two others are Ultramon and Actual Multiple Monitors. Not 100% sure AMM allows this, but I think it does.